Golden calf proves OWS did not read Bible

Idolators are people who make objects, or concepts, into idols and hold their idols up as objects worthy of worship. Occupy believes that they have a moral imperative, and they hold their beliefs up as worthy of worship when they argue that Jesus would support social justice, The guy in the video even tried to argue that Jesus would support rich people being forced to pay their "fair share" so that poor people would have more money. I find their theology highly questionable, impossible to support given any reasonable reading of the Bible, and to be promoting a false belief that we can fix problems through government rather than through obedience. That makes them idolators, and it makes you one if you believe the same thing.

Show me in the bible where Jesus said that taking care of the poor cannot or should not be done through government means. Show me where "charity" is only godly if it's done through private donations. Show me that God would not look kindly upon a NATION who reveres even the least of their citizens.

MONEY is an Idol to the rich and apparently to conservatives...who seem to worship the rich.

Why should I prove something I never said?

Your belief that rich people worship money does not make it true. In fact, your insistence that they do indicates to me that you are judging people based on nothing more than the fact that they are rich, which proves to me that you are the one not following Jesus.

Well no one is without sin, are we?

Well... I wouldn't. I firmly believe that there is an afterlife. Because I was raised a Christian, I follow Christian Doctrine. However, I am also of the belief that other religions are just as valid as Christianity. I think Man excludes, God includes.

Can you support that using the Bible? If you believe in an afterlife, how do you reconcile that belief with the Buddhist belief in Nirvana? The atheist belief that nothing happens after death? God might include, but he cannot include people who deny him, they exclude themselves.

Personal belief. I cannot fathom that God would send a devout Buddhist to hell because he calls Heaven "Nirvana". I cannot believe that God would send a devout Muslim to Hell because he calls God "Allah". If you believe, as I do... that God is the all powerful entity in the Universe, then I don't really think that he cares all that much WHAT we call him.

Different Cultures have different ways of expressing their religious beliefs. Like I said... I think of them as branches of a tree that all leads to the body of the tree...which is God.

I see the problem, you are arrogant. You get to tell God what to do because you are much more capable of figuring out what is right and what is wrong than He is.

Show me in the bible where Jesus said that taking care of the poor cannot or should not be done through government means. Show me where "charity" is only godly if it's done through private donations. Show me that God would not look kindly upon a NATION who reveres even the least of their citizens.

MONEY is an Idol to the rich and apparently to conservatives...who seem to worship the rich.

Your belief that rich people worship money does not make it true. In fact, your insistence that they do indicates to me that you are judging people based on nothing more than the fact that they are rich, which proves to me that you are the one not following Jesus.

Yet you are casting stones.

Can you support that using the Bible? If you believe in an afterlife, how do you reconcile that belief with the Buddhist belief in Nirvana? The atheist belief that nothing happens after death? God might include, but he cannot include people who deny him, they exclude themselves.

Personal belief. I cannot fathom that God would send a devout Buddhist to hell because he calls Heaven "Nirvana". I cannot believe that God would send a devout Muslim to Hell because he calls God "Allah". If you believe, as I do... that God is the all powerful entity in the Universe, then I don't really think that he cares all that much WHAT we call him.

Different Cultures have different ways of expressing their religious beliefs. Like I said... I think of them as branches of a tree that all leads to the body of the tree...which is God.

I see the problem, you are arrogant. You get to tell God what to do because you are much more capable of figuring out what is right and what is wrong than He is.

Not at all... I defer to God. I fully admit that I may be wrong. Don't worry, I ask for guidance and forgiveness everyday.

Oh... I see.... No good "Christian Conservative" EVER does that, do they? Gimme a break.

The thing is... Idolators are people who WORSHIP idols. The object holds no significance unless it's WORSHIPED.... if the object isn't WORSHIPED, it's just an inanimate object.

That was for windbag.

Idolators are people who make objects, or concepts, into idols and hold their idols up as objects worthy of worship. Occupy believes that they have a moral imperative, and they hold their beliefs up as worthy of worship when they argue that Jesus would support social justice, The guy in the video even tried to argue that Jesus would support rich people being forced to pay their "fair share" so that poor people would have more money. I find their theology highly questionable, impossible to support given any reasonable reading of the Bible, and to be promoting a false belief that we can fix problems through government rather than through obedience. That makes them idolators, and it makes you one if you believe the same thing.

You go on a game show and see how many answers you articulate really well outside of your favorite living room chair.
He was close though, although I think religion should be left out of it.
Taxes are the dues you pay to live in a civil society.
Regulations are the rules of the road that protect others by keeping you out of another's lane, and protect you by keeping you out of oncoming traffic.
and I think "render unto Ceasar" might apply here, as taxes are concerned.
and to your question of semantics...although an equal case could be made that your lord and savior wouldn't approve of anyone being a weasel in his language in the cause of social Darwinism.
Might not be in the letter, but it sure as shit is all over that in the spirit.

Last edited:
I deny that most political conservatives have read the Bible either. It completely explains why none of them act like the bible tells them to act. They're either not killing enough, or they're not kind and loving of the poor/needy enough.

I think a true Christian would be quick to give their possessions to the poor while simultaneously stoning disobedient children to death.

Not familiar with the basis of the Constitution...are you?

Read the DOI...Gives cause for the Constitution...and it was codified...based upon Liberty given to every Human as endowed by thier creator.

Whomever they decide that creator is in their life. Our Constitution was not predicated on one or another BOOK.
Bible
Biblio
a BOOK
written by those who controlled knowledge
the victors write the history in most cases, and whatever history is written is done so in the perspective and (especially back in "the day") to serve the interests of those who wrote it or those it was written FOR.
It would appear that YOU need a bit of study...and why the First amendment is of such Import.

And I reject the 'back in the day' argument...it is as pertinant NOW as it was then...It remains constant as it has through history.

I did study the Constitution.
And okay, to the victor (or most powerful) STILL goes the spoils, and the language, and who gets to write the history.
Honestly, it does not make it honest.

Oh... I see.... No good "Christian Conservative" EVER does that, do they? Gimme a break.

How does the fact that other people do it make it OK for you to do it?

Shall I search under your username and pick apart all the times you yourself have done it? Is it OK when you do it?

We are all fallible and sinners in God's eye...we all fall short.

BTW... what was that scripture about semantics... I'm genuinely curious.

The thing is... Idolators are people who WORSHIP idols. The object holds no significance unless it's WORSHIPED.... if the object isn't WORSHIPED, it's just an inanimate object.

That was for windbag.

You go on a game show and see how many answers you articulate really well outside of your favorite living room chair.
Regulations are the rules of the road that protect others by keeping you out of another's lane, and protect you by keeping you out of oncoming traffic.
and I think "render unto Ceasar might apply here, as taxes are concerned.
and to your question of semantics...although an equal case could be made that your lord and savior wouldn't approve of anyone being a weasel in his language the cause of social Darwinism.

I avoid cameras so I don't look stupid. This guy put himself there, he deserves that he got.

Taxes are not dues, they are the government using force to take property from people who work hard. We should remember that, and work to make sure the government is as limited as possible in its use of force.

The render unto Caesar quote was in response to a question that was designed to trap Jesus between speaking out against the Roman government that was occupying Jerusalem and the people of Israel who hated paying taxes to a government that had the power to throw them into prison for saying bad things about it. People like to take it out of context in an attempt to justify all sorts of things, all it really proves is that they have not read the Bible.

As for you making a case anything like you said, feel free to try.

Shall I search under your username and pick apart all the times you yourself have done it? Is it OK when you do it?

I think its this:
Jesus was asked the question about paying taxes in hope that he would answer "yes" or "no". Answering "yes" would have left him open to the accusation that he was in opposition to Jewish resistance to the Roman occupation and therefore (given the assumption by the Jews that they still held privileged nation status with God at this time) against God, too. Answering "no" would have given those present an opportunity to report him to the Roman authorities as someone who was trying to incite a revolt. His questioners had assumed that there was an inevitable (and hazardous) dichotomy between discharging one's obligations to the state and discharging one's obligations to God, but Jesus refused to confront the dichotomy as framed by his hostile questioners and instead pointed to the assumptions behind it.
Render unto Caesar... - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...
its wiki, but i'm lazy

Feel free to do so, you might be surprised to find out that I have never condemned anyone. I often mock, and have no problem pointing out when people are being stupid, but you will be hard pressed to find me actually judging anyone. I am not saying I never do that, but I know I am wrong every single time I do it, and I never justify it by pointing out others doing it.

Well. I take that scripture to mean that Material possessions mean little to God. That Money is an object of the world, not God. That's why he asked "who's image is on the coin?" Therefore the coin belonged to Caesar. Hence, Pay unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

"Pay unto God that which is God's" has little to do with material wealth. God has no need for wealth.

and to your question of semantics...although an equal case could be made that your lord and savior wouldn't approve of anyone being a weasel in his language the cause of social Darwinism.

I avoid cameras so I don't look stupid. This guy put himself there, he deserves that he got.

Taxes are not dues, they are the government using force to take property from people who work hard. We should remember that, and work to make sure the government is as limited as possible in its use of force.

The render unto Caesar quote was in response to a question that was designed to trap Jesus between speaking out against the Roman government that was occupying Jerusalem and the people of Israel who hated paying taxes to a government that had the power to throw them into prison for saying bad things about it. People like to take it out of context in an attempt to justify all sorts of things, all it really proves is that they have not read the Bible.

Did they, or did they not try to trap him with semantics?

As for taxes.
Do you or have you ever used the court system to enforce a contract?
If so, then taxes have benefited you, and you pay your dues.
Are your savings in a bank that is insured by the federal government?
Have you ever, for any reason, had to call the police?
Did you NEVER have to call the police?
If not, then taxes have benefited you, and you pay your dues.
Is your water safe to drink, your food safe to eat, your medicines safe to take?
If any of those are true, then taxes have benefited you, and you pay your dues.
Do you drive to work on public roads?
Are your parents alive, retired, get medicaid or social security?
That lessens your need to spend all of your off time caring for them, and if so, then taxes have benefited you, and you pay your dues.

There are thousands of things government does well, and when it comes down to it, government does what it does, especially now, to benefit the well off "self made men" who would have DIED without government intrusion if they were born in a pile of elephant shit in wherethefuckamianywayakstn more than it does the ordinary every day, mysweatpaysforyourcushyretirement joe schmoe you all complain about.

Did they, or did they not try to trap him with semantics?

As for taxes.
Do you or have you ever used the court system to enforce a contract?
Are your savings in a bank that is insured by the federal government?
Have you ever, for any reason, had to call the police?
Did you NEVER have to call the police?
If not, then taxes have benefited you, and you pay your dues.
Is your water safe to drink, your food safe to eat, your medicines safe to take?
If any of those are true, then taxes have benefited you, and you pay your dues.
Do you drive to work on public roads?
Are your parents alive, retired, get medicaid or social security?
That lessens your need to spend all of your off time caring for them, and if so, then taxes have benefited you, and you pay your dues.

There are thousands of things government does well, and when it comes down to it, government does what it does, especially now, to benefit the well off "self made men" who would have DIED without government intrusion if they were born in a pile of elephant shit in wherethefuckamianywayakstn more than it does the ordinary every day, mysweatpaysforyourcushyretirement joe schmoe you all complain about.

Did they? I do not think so, they simply asked if he thought Jesus would approve of the use of force to make people help poor people.

Did I say we should not pay taxes? I quite clearly said we should remember that the government uses force, and work to minimize it. If I was actually paying dues the government would not need force because it would be voluntary, not through threats.

Well. I take that scripture to mean that Material possessions mean little to God. That Money is an object of the world, not God. That's why he asked "who's image is on the coin?" Therefore the coin belonged to Caesar. Hence, Pay unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

"Pay unto God that which is God's" has little to do with material wealth. God has no need for wealth.

You take a lot of things wrong, so it is no surprise you get this wrong too. I explained what it meant, and, if you actually study the Bible, you will find that my explanation is the one that is accepted by most scholars.

Well... that's another matter, isn't it? I have been most concerned that Conservatives are worshiping the Constitution in an Idolatrous manner. While the Constitution is an important document... it is certainly not the word of God.

Yes, wanting the law to be obeyed is "worshipping" it. It's idolatrous not to just wave your hand airily at the Constitution and say, "Oh, that old thing. Not very relevant, and kinda in the way of what we want to do." :cuckoo:
In the words of Thomas Jefferson:
I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.
Quotations on the Jefferson Memorial « Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution of the United States over 200 years old, the oldest working constitution in the world. It is not strictly followed today, but you know what? It's not a tragedy. We're doing quite well in our modern society. If we tried to follow the words of those who lived in the eighteenth century to the point, we would fall behind in the modern world.

Ask the 1 in 6 who are living in poverrty or the 50.000.000 who have no health insurance how great they think the constitution is. I'll bet you they have other things onj their minds...like their family.

Forum List

Back