Zone1 Bible verses that seem to contradict other Bible verses: 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 3:9

(I tried to add this following in the OP but kept getting the blue line... sigh)

Anyway, there was an explanation of this "contradiction" at the site I went to, but to me, the explanation sounded Protestant.

My thought is this: This seeming contradiction appears to explain the concept of mortal versus venial sin.

To explain: It is SO true that those who stay in mortal sin are serving the devil.

Whereas, there is no way we humans, living in such a sinful world, can always, 24/7/365 give up ALL venial sin. Or maybe I should speak for myself?

But then again, we look at the first psg which says that if we say we are without sin, we are liars. So no, I am not speaking just for myself

The bible is a collection of writings that were written by men, and then a group of men sifted through THOUSANDS of biblical writings and picked their favorites. Mistakes seem likely in this scenario. Hell, some of those writings could have been complete lies made up by an ancient madman. Who the fuck knows?

All i know is, if humans were involved in the process of creating the bible, many mistakes were made. Mistakes are part of human nature. :dunno:

The bible is a collection of writings that were written by men, and then a group of men sifted through THOUSANDS of biblical writings and picked their favorites. Mistakes seem likely in this scenario. Hell, some of those writings could have been complete lies made up by an ancient madman. Who the fuck knows?

All i know is, if humans were involved in the process of creating the bible, many mistakes were made. Mistakes are part of human nature. :dunno:
God either guides man in running His Church or he doesn't. With Francis at the helm it looks like he doesn't.

but looks can be deceiving, we always have to remember.

God is quite capable of preserving His Words and His Church. And He has. He knew He had to.. He knew we were a bunch of screw ups..

1 John 1:9
But if we confess our sins, he will forgive our sins, because we can trust God to do what is right. He will cleanse us from all the wrongs we have done.

We cannot be God’s true children without Jesus’s mercy and forgiveness.

We continually sin, but Jesus continually cleanses us.

God either guides man in running His Church or he doesn't. With Francis at the helm it looks like he doesn't.

but looks can be deceiving, we always have to remember.

God is quite capable of preserving His Words and His Church. And He has. He knew He had to.. He knew we were a bunch of screw ups..
If god was guiding men, they wouldnt make mistakes. If god is in the business of "guiding men", where the hell was he when Hitler was firing up the gas chambers? Maybe, i dont know, not worry about that book and just make sure to guide his creations so they dont commit mass murder all throughout history? The bible is great and all, but world peace sure would be a lot better prize, if we had to choose, right? He probably doesnt guide men. In fact, if he exists, it is a fact that he isnt guiding men.

The bible seems like an extremely trivial use of his time and effort. Also, the bible was done poorly, which is why most of the world doesnt believe in it. There is no way that a divinely inspired book would fail so badly. It defies all logic and common sense. Im willing to entertain the idea of a higher power, but dont come at me with an inferior higher power. Aint no fuckin way im believing THAT.

Last edited:
1 John 1:9
But if we confess our sins, he will forgive our sins, because we can trust God to do what is right. He will cleanse us from all the wrongs we have done.

We cannot be God’s true children without Jesus’s mercy and forgiveness.

We continually sin, but Jesus continually cleanses us.
well, if you continue to sin the same sin over and over... you obviously don't want to be "cleansed"

very bad. You can't get into Heaven with AnY sin or even a desire for sin

If god was guiding men, they wouldnt make mistakes. If god is in the business of "guiding men", where the hell was he when Hitler was firing up the gas chambers? Maybe, i dont know, not worry about that book and just make sure to guide his creations so they dont commit mass murder all throughout history? The bible is great and all, but world peace sure would be a lot better, right?
read this part. Hitler is like any other issue: God gave man free will. He decided to let man sin all he wants. We can't argue with the way things are. We can, but it does no good.

Things are th way they are, and it is man's fault and then he blames God.

That said, I have often blamed God for this and that. I don't know... He knew we'd get ticked off at Him. That doesn't surprise him at all

He decided to let man sin all he wants.
Tha fuck? What kind of dipshit god would do THAT? For cryin out loud! You cant say he is the most goodly and smartest being in existence, and then say THAT ^!!!

The truth is, you have no idea what powers God has. You have no idea how much influence on men he has. Youre just saying shit with nothing to back it up. You are acting like a fallible human being. It annoys me when people claim to know shit that they clearly couldnt possibly know.

I am not denying the existence of god. I am denying that you or any other man alive know what Gods true motivations are.

Last edited:

This is true of the Quran, and the Talmud, written by men and not inspired by God. These books are full of lies and contradictions.

There is no way the Old Testament or New is “made up” by men. The prophets foretold of many calamities that would befall Israel and its leaders if they didn’t fallow God’s laws, and they came true. If the kings controlled everything they would had made themselves immune to these laws and would had made up laws that benefited them directly, like every other made up religion in the world.

If god was guiding men, they wouldnt make mistakes. If god is in the business of "guiding men", where the hell was he when Hitler was firing up the gas chambers? Maybe, i dont know, not worry about that book and just make sure to guide his creations so they dont commit mass murder all throughout history? The bible is great and all, but world peace sure would be a lot better prize, if we had to choose, right? He probably doesnt guide men. In fact, if he exists, it is a fact that he isnt guiding men.

The bible seems like an extremely trivial use of his time and effort. Also, the bible was done poorly, which is why most of the world doesnt believe in it. There is no way that a divinely inspired book would fail so badly. It defies all logic and common sense. Im willing to entertain the idea of a higher power, but dont come at me with an inferior higher power. Aint no fuckin way im believing THAT.

So you expect God to come down and dispense justice when some big evil thing is going on? Or for God to just show himself and make everyone believe in him?

You obviously missed the point of the story of Adam and Eve. They were able to walk with God, and were without sin. But they STILL rejected his word and his law and disobeyed him. Making up your own morality and laws is the downfall of man, even to this day. People still reject God’s laws and turn away from God, which always leads to ruin.

God is guiding his creations, through the Bible. You can either reject it or accept it and do your best to obey it.

He knew we'd get ticked off at Him. That doesn't surprise him at all
How would you know THAT?

I am going under the premise that God does exist because, I have no idea if he exists or not. He very well might. That said, maybe he cant hear your words or thoughts. Maybe he is almighty and powerful, but not so powerful that he hears and sees everything. Or maybe he could hear and see everything but it was too much to process so he silenced all of it. Maybe he has been sleeping since the Big Bang. Maybe the creation of the universe took a toll on him so he has been slumbering for eons.

We do not know the answers to these questions and we shouldnt pretend like we do.

Last edited:
So you expect God to come down and dispense justice when some big evil thing is going on? Or for God to just show himself and make everyone believe in him?
Does he want me to believe in him? If so, yeah, of course. Thats a no brainer. He cant take a moment out of his day to make a short appearance?

You obviously missed the point of the story of Adam and Eve. They were able to walk with God, and were without sin. But they STILL rejected his word and his law and disobeyed him.
That story is very flawed. Its one of the Bible stories that are for sure not true.

If god made Adam and Eve and God is perfect, then he intentionally created them to have "temptation". He cant give them temptation and then get angry when they are tempted... by the evil snake that HE created to tempt them, with the delicious and tempting fruit that he also created. Like, what the fuck?! What kind of sick shit is THAT? I mean, seriously man. Come on. :laugh:

Last edited:
That story is very flawed. Its one of the Bible stories that are for sure not true.

If god made Adam and Eve and God is perfect, then he intentionally created them to have "temptation". He cant give them temptation and then get angry when they are tempted... by the evil snake that HE created to tempt them, with the delicious and tempting fruit that he also created. Like, what the fuck?! What kind of sick shit is THAT? I mean, seriously man. Come on. :laugh:
Yes he gave them free will. They failed the test. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

Yes he gave them free will. They failed the test. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?
He created them in a way that ensured that they would fail. Did he or did he not create them? Did he or did he not make them EXACTLY the way he wanted them to be? Did he not create the tempting fruit and tricky snake?

I can be persuaded to believe that a supreme being created the universe, but i need it to make sense. That Adam and Eve story is silly. It makes no sense whatsoever.

He cant take a moment out of his day to make a short appearance?
Why should He? He did for the Israelites, yet they still disobeyed him.

He sent his Son in order to save us. If you won’t believe in him, then you will not see the Father in the next life.

The choice has been given. Making up ultimatums for God isn’t going to be a valid excuse on Judgement Day.

He created them in a way that ensured that they would fail. Did he or did he not create them? Did he or did he not make them EXACTLY the way he wanted them to be? Did he not create the tempting fruit and tricky snake?
Perhaps his plan was to test us, to make sure we are worthy.

Blaming him for their faults and your own isn’t going to work either. You need to man up and own it, instead of whining like a girl about it.

Why should He? He did for the Israelites, yet they still disobeyed him.

He sent his Son in order to save us. If you won’t believe in him, then you will not see the Father in the next life.

The choice has been given. Making up ultimatums for God isn’t going to be a valid excuse on Judgement Day.
Did he show himself to the Israelites? You believe that simply because it was written in a book, translated a gagillion times before ending up in modern day English?

Forum List

Back