God is a Monstrous, Evil, Bloodthirsty Tyrant

As a point of factual clarification, Dragon has never, not ONCE, stated that he does not believe in God.

Let alone "ad nauseam."

In fact, what Dragon proposes is "freedom from freedom".

What a GREAT idea! Freedom is much too annoying to fascists! Get rid of it!

And...there is only one way to verify anything in the bible...by reading more of the bible. The Jews wrote it and they don't even believe the new testament. Only a small group of close family and friends ever made mention of Jesus and virgin birth, savior of mankind, holy ghost, walking on water, healing leprosy by touching, raising from the dead, crucifiction, resurrection etc.

Moses was named the author of five books of the old testament and they are written in third person. One has to wonder who that mystery writer was who stood there by the burning bush and watched and heard god and Moses discussing things like the ten commandements.

The Jews wrote the old testament.

The people that wrote the new Testament were not what one would consider "Jews". They were apart of the Cult of Christ, which merged with the Cult of John the Baptist and tried desperately to convince peole that Jesus was the Messiah through their own interpretation of events of their time.

Regardless of what the "Jews for Jesus" and their ilk claims, you are no longer practicing Judaism if you believe in the New Testament. Regardless of the rituals you maintain, regardless of your heritage, you are Christian if you believe in the words and theology proposed in the New Testament.

In what ways does Jesus' teachings contradict Judaism?

According to Christianity, Jesus is the Messiah. The promised one to rule over Israel and the world foreveand ever in total peace.

According to the Jews, Jesus is no Messiah. The Messiah has yet to come and Jesus does not satisfy all of the conditions for the Messiah as well.

By the way, there maybe much more to Christianity than "what Jesus taught" since the words and events are being told by the Disciples. It is even possible that the Disciples concocted much of what is considered Christian Theology. Which leads to the problem of what did Jesus actually say versus what was posed to help establish the church.

Yes that's all great and wonderful and cerebral.

Unfortunately, GOD guided the disciples and the Bible. If you believe the bible is a bastardized and untrue reflection of God, then you don't believe in God..because God said he was The Word.

Yes that's all great and wonderful and cerebral.

Unfortunately, GOD guided the disciples and the Bible. If you believe the bible is a bastardized and untrue reflection of God, then you don't believe in God..because God said he was The Word.

In order to believe this--you have to FIRST believe in the Disciples.

I just stated the basic problem with Christianity. Why believe in the Disciples?

Here's an idea - the bible, both of them, the Koran, etc. - are all books about living life a certain way. Why not do what the followers of their preferred books do? Take the good - what you believe is the good in them - out of them and apply it to your life?

Waiting for the fallout.........................

Belief in God does not require agreement with what any particular religion says about God. Christians, Muslims, and Hindus all believe in God, but do not recognize one another's scriptures (for the most part) nor accept one another's doctrines.

Yeah, whatever. You are ALMOST certain you know the mind of God. Got it.

That's not what I said either. I said Christianity as it is practiced is almost certainly not what was intended. I never said I knew exactly what was intended. This isn't real hard to figure out you know.

Let's assume for the sake of argument alone that the original manuscripts of the Bible was the word of God and His desires for mankind. The problem is none of those originals exist anymore. We have copies, that's all. And we know, since we have several copies, that there are variances (sometimes BIG ones) from one copy to the next. Well guess what...that means the word of God as it was originally given has been changed...therefore it is no longer the word of God as it was given.

If you accept, which seems pretty fucking logical, that the modern practice of Christianity is based upon those scriptures, then by definition you must conclude that it's based on something other than the word God gave initially.

What did God say originally? I don't know. You don't know. No one knows. But we do know it's not what is currently written. Therefore what is currently written and therefore currently practiced is probably not what God originally intended. Got it now?

The entire book of God is good.

Hence the word "good" incidentally.
So, what about a Jew who plays football?

This is what I mean. I know that the literal meaning of Leviticus doesn't apply; there is an interpretation. Interpretations are subjective. Good is subjective.

"

Genesis 15

1After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward."

The WORD.

It's not a coincidence.

Belief in God does not require agreement with what any particular religion says about God. Christians, Muslims, and Hindus all believe in God, but do not recognize one another's scriptures (for the most part) nor accept one another's doctrines.
Exactly. "God" is a personal thing.

If your God is a monstrous, evil, and a bloodthirsty tyrant, then that's your choice. If another's God seems to be a montrous, evil, and a bloodthirtsy tyrant to you, then that is THEIR choice.

It's called free will. And, freedom OF religion.

Last edited:
Yeah, whatever. You are ALMOST certain you know the mind of God. Got it.

That's not what I said either. I said Christianity as it is practiced is almost certainly not what was intended. I never said I knew exactly what was intended. This isn't real hard to figure out you know.

Let's assume for the sake of argument alone that the original manuscripts of the Bible was the word of God and His desires for mankind. The problem is none of those originals exist anymore. We have copies, that's all. And we know, since we have several copies, that there are variances (sometimes BIG ones) from one copy to the next. Well guess what...that means the word of God as it was originally given has been changed...therefore it is no longer the word of God as it was given.

If you accept, which seems pretty fucking logical, that the modern practice of Christianity is based upon those scriptures, then by definition you must conclude that it's based on something other than the word God gave initially.

What did God say originally? I don't know. You don't know. No one knows. But we do know it's not what is currently written. Therefore what is currently written and therefore currently practiced is probably not what God originally intended. Got it now?

Sooo...let's recap...

You don't know what was really intended, but you're pretty sure we have it wrong. Whatever it is.

Lol...nice.

Exactly. "God" is a personal thing.

If your God is a monstrous, evil, and a bloodthirsty tyrant, then that's your choice. If another's God seems to be a montrous, evil, and a bloodthirtsy tyrant to you, then that is THEIR choice.

It's called free will.

But what you WANT and what you BELIEVE doesn't make you right.

There's ultimately only one God. And regardless of what you believe, that doesn't change. Just as my hair color is brown. One person might call it blue, another yellow...but it's still brown, and they're wrong.

Forum List

Back