God is a Monstrous, Evil, Bloodthirsty Tyrant

There is no physical proof that god exsists.

There is VAST physical proof Washington exsisted including a vast number of relatives containing his DNA

can you prove that?.....since the beginning of humanity there have been countless people who have said they have seen UFO's......but yet no physical proof.....but yet drawings of flying objects appear in Mayan and Egyptian drawings....what were they describing?....

That is not a rebuttal. It's a refusal to rebut, which implies that you can't.

If you don't want to take the time to argue against EVERYTHING I said, pick one and argue against that, as Daveman did above.

All you're doing here is demonstrating your own immaturity.

:lol:

Your the one saying life isn't fair and that god is a big meanie.

And I'm the immature one?

Seriously, read some of the bible, go to a church and converse with the people there. Learn something from sources that aren't full of hate.

He, She, It never has bothered me. You have to believe that voodoo shit before it works.
Wrong again. Whether you believe it or not, you are in big trouble.

Last edited:
He, She, It never has bothered me. You have to believe that voodoo shit before it works.

What voodoo?

The people who wrote the bible herded goats, believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. Superstition never has turned me on much.
You are such an idiot your ignorance is trumping your smarts. Stop pretending you know what the Bible says and who wrote it. The Bible was written by, Kings, prophets, tax collectors, fishermen, and maybe goat herders, all of which are a lot smarter than you.

I happen to believe that God is true and does exist. The title of this thread is very saddening to me.

PEACE

The title of this thread has nothing to do with whether God exists. Many people on both sides of that question seem to have a problem understanding that. I'm talking about whether the PICTURE of God presented by traditional Christian theology makes any (moral) sense -- not whether the REALITY of God does.

Traditional Christian theology presents a God who is much as I described him. He demands perfection of people that he created imperfect, and punishes failure to live up to his standards by making people scream forever under hideous torture. After doing this for thousands of years, he sends his son to be tortured instead and is willing to let imperfect humanity off the hook -- but only those that follow a religion worshiping said son of God. For everyone else, it's still scream forever in hideous torture.

My point of course is not that the REAL God fits that description, but rather that he doesn't, and hence that traditional Christian theology is absurd. Christians are in fact all aware of this at some level. Depending on how religiously conservative or liberal they are, Christians either make mealy-mouthed and logically nonsensical excuses (like blaming Hell on human free will, when God is under no absolute requirement to punish human abuse of free will on such a ridiculous scale, and so it remains, deny it though you will, his fault), or else reject the concept of Hell and reinterpret the central Christian mythos of Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection in more spiritually sound ways.

The latter approach of course removes the problem. The God of Christians who do this ceases to be a monstrous, evil, bloodthirsty tyrant and becomes the God of love that all Christians proclaim him to be. So I'm not even attacking Christianity as such here -- let alone the idea of God. I am attacking merely a certain concept of God arising from traditional Christian theology.
Wrong idiot. God is nothing like you describe. God did not make man imperfect. Man, as he usually does, listened to satan's lies and therefore fell. God punishes non-believers. You are still listening to satans lies. Shut up and leave.

And back in the stone age ol GAWD put two naked teens in a garden with a snake and they made a little mistake and condemned the entire human race. LMAO

Devil my arse....screw the devil. Since I don't play favorites, Screw Jesus too. Might as well go ahead and nail that jackass he was riding.

Last edited:
There is no physical proof that god exsists.

There is VAST physical proof Washington exsisted including a vast number of relatives containing his DNA

can you prove that?.....since the beginning of humanity there have been countless people who have said they have seen UFO's......but yet no physical proof.....but yet drawings of flying objects appear in Mayan and Egyptian drawings....what were they describing?....
No, she can't. No sooner than she can prove evolution, which she can't either, she would be lying if she said she could.

The title of this thread has nothing to do with whether God exists. Many people on both sides of that question seem to have a problem understanding that. I'm talking about whether the PICTURE of God presented by traditional Christian theology makes any (moral) sense -- not whether the REALITY of God does.

Traditional Christian theology presents a God who is much as I described him. He demands perfection of people that he created imperfect, and punishes failure to live up to his standards by making people scream forever under hideous torture. After doing this for thousands of years, he sends his son to be tortured instead and is willing to let imperfect humanity off the hook -- but only those that follow a religion worshiping said son of God. For everyone else, it's still scream forever in hideous torture.

My point of course is not that the REAL God fits that description, but rather that he doesn't, and hence that traditional Christian theology is absurd. Christians are in fact all aware of this at some level. Depending on how religiously conservative or liberal they are, Christians either make mealy-mouthed and logically nonsensical excuses (like blaming Hell on human free will, when God is under no absolute requirement to punish human abuse of free will on such a ridiculous scale, and so it remains, deny it though you will, his fault), or else reject the concept of Hell and reinterpret the central Christian mythos of Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection in more spiritually sound ways.

The latter approach of course removes the problem. The God of Christians who do this ceases to be a monstrous, evil, bloodthirsty tyrant and becomes the God of love that all Christians proclaim him to be. So I'm not even attacking Christianity as such here -- let alone the idea of God. I am attacking merely a certain concept of God arising from traditional Christian theology.
Wrong idiot. God is nothing like you describe. God did not make man imperfect. Man, as he usually does, listened to satan's lies and therefore fell. God punishes non-believers. You are still listening to satans lies. Shut up and leave.

And back in the stone age ol GAWD put two naked teens in a garden with a snake and they made a little mistake and condemned the entire human race. LMAO

Devil my arse....screw the devil.
Pretty much.

I consider the logical and scientific objections to Christianity and Biblical inerrancy to be separate issues, having nothing to do with what I'm talking about here, namely the moral depravity of God as he is presented in Christian theology.

My inference has always been that as the ‘creator’ of the ‘moral laws’ the Christian god is above such laws and may violate them with impunity.

But we all know there is no god, Christian or otherwise; it’s a creation of man, as is religion. The proof of this is Christian dogma itself, as it perfectly reflects the depravity and cruelty of humankind.

can you prove that?.....because i cant.....but yet no one can prove there is one....interesting aint it?....

I consider the logical and scientific objections to Christianity and Biblical inerrancy to be separate issues, having nothing to do with what I'm talking about here, namely the moral depravity of God as he is presented in Christian theology.

My inference has always been that as the ‘creator’ of the ‘moral laws’ the Christian god is above such laws and may violate them with impunity.

But we all know there is no god, Christian or otherwise; it’s a creation of man, as is religion. The proof of this is Christian dogma itself, as it perfectly reflects the depravity and cruelty of humankind.

can you prove that?.....because i cant.....but yet no one can prove there is one....interesting aint it?....
You hush. Jones. Has. Spoken.

What voodoo?

The people who wrote the bible herded goats, believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. Superstition never has turned me on much.
You are such an idiot your ignorance is trumping your smarts. Stop pretending you know what the Bible says and who wrote it. The Bible was written by, Kings, prophets, tax collectors, fishermen, and maybe goat herders, all of which are a lot smarter than you.

I'd venture a guess that even modern day goat herders are smarter than our own dear cammmpbell.

I'd venture a guess that even modern day goat herders are smarter than our own dear cammmpbell.

Does the preacher know about your venture.................

God Brought me back to life when I died in a hospital bed in September 1985

Same thing happened to my dog when it was bitten by a copperhead in 1950 and I didn't even know he was into the god thing.

You are a fucking idiot.

I always know I have won when someone calls me a moron or an idiot. I've had three IQ tests during my lifetime...in the Oak Ridge, TN high school, in OCS training in the army and once by mensa in Knoxville, TN. Average score......129.

I suggest you look up the description of an idiot or a moron. You might consider adding imbecile to your attacks...that would be equally impressive.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to my dog when it was bitten by a copperhead in 1950 and I didn't even know he was into the god thing.

You are a fucking idiot.

I always know I have won when someone calls me a moron or an idiot. I've had three IQ tests during my lifetime...in the Oak Ridge, TN high school, in OCS training in the army and once by mensa in Knoxville, TN. Average score......129.

I suggest you look up the description of an idiot or a moron. You might consider adding imbecile to your attacks...that would be equally impressive.
You are probably lying about your iq score. You have not won anything. You prove your stupidity all the time.

Again, I showed you in my first post.

Dave, you presented an unorthodox, heretical view. It's your view, and as I said it makes more sense than traditional Christian theology. Nevertheless, it's NOT traditional Christian theology.

God is nothing like you describe.

I agree, he's not. That's the point.

God did not make man imperfect.

A being who lacks the knowledge of good and evil is certainly imperfect.

God punishes non-believers.

This is exactly the idea I'm talking about. A God who punishes ANYONE -- let alone a person whose only crime is to use his own brain and good sense -- by making him scream forever in horrible torture is a monstrous, evil, bloodthirsty tyrant.

It is simply not a credible statement that such a monster is God.

So, much of this thread seems to be a debate over what god is 'really' like. But isn't that essentially up to the individual believer? Or are you all assuming that there is only one God and that everyone else is just wrong?

Forum List

Back