God doesn't love you-or does He?

Considering the unspeakable mental, social, and physical suffering in this world ever since human beings (unfortunately) appeared on earth, it seems rather cruel to talk about a "God."

Considering the unspeakable mental, social, and physical suffering in this world ever since human beings (unfortunately) appeared on earth, it seems rather cruel to talk about a "God."
Or maybe your understanding is flawed.

Are you telling me that you believe that unless everything is perfect their can be no God? Why is that?

Yes, Ding, my understanding may be flawed, indeed.

But that is my opinion.

If there were a "God," S/He would certainly not be showing "love" by allowing human life to be such a nightmare.

Best wishes

What unspeakable mental, social, and physical suffering in this world?

We speak about these things.

All the suffering you mention has an end, as all physical life does. People of faith believe part of who we are is an everlasting spirit, and that it is God who helps keep spirit healthy as it goes through a physical existence. Given the choice (and many believe we were) wouldn't we choose to experience physical existence?

Yes, Ding, my understanding may be flawed, indeed.

But that is my opinion.

If there were a "God," S/He would certainly not be showing "love" by allowing human life to be such a nightmare.

Best wishes
How do you know that?

Besides if you are going to blame God for the bad shouldn't you give God credit for the good?

Which seems more plausible given our history of greed and blood....

A God who cares guiding our every step both as a species and as individuals, or survival of the most fit on a dog-eat-dog world?

Not rocket science......

God so loved the world that, OK see he asked Abraham's son Isaac's life as a test, right? OK and the lamb was a sacrificial offering, in which OK he killed his kid because the dogs told him to, there! Jesus, who is was always with God, who wasn't really killed, life is a cycle to break free to reach nirvana, sort of ,If you were Jesus. OK one more time.

The Godhead propitiated original sin upon the mercy seat by our advocate to the Father which cannot ever be Earned. if you can't Earn it, then, its a GIFT! tadaaaaaa. all consuming flames is the best kind of love, have you ever had some one shrieking past you on fire and say love, has to mean it they're burning to death.

I bet we would have a Christian God of Mercy but we've been cutting our swords on muslims this whole time , what do you think? "I desire Mercy, not sacrifice". Allah's is like yay I could keep killing you , I have paused to persuade you however, Allah is merciful.

Last edited:
Which seems more plausible given our history of greed and blood....

A God who cares guiding our every step both as a species and as individuals, or survival of the most fit on a dog-eat-dog world?

Not rocket science......
No one said he guides our every step, Joe.

I was trying to explain the logic for the existence of a creator to you through the first cause but you ran off.

The proof you are looking for can be found in what was created using logic.

god doesn't love anyone

Just look at how many times he snapped his fingers and killed his creations.

If you can just make another plaything at will it doesn't matter how many you destroy

That ain't love

RE: the thread title's assumption that there is a God.

1. I have just heard that a study shows that, in general, people who believe in God live four years longer than atheists.

a. I am guessing that believers enjoy a strength that non-believers lack.
b. I can easily understand why some Roman Catholics are fortified by the Church's rituals.
c. And, of course, "There are no atheists in a foxhole."

NEVERTHELESS, I feel that one Leo Newman was right when he wrote:

"It is beyond my comprehension how people -- rational, thinking human beings -- can believe in an all-powerful benevolent Supreme Being. Obviously that being is either incapable or unwilling to prevent the tragedies and brutalities that mankind has suffered since the beginning of time."

NEVERTHELESS, I feel that one Leo Newman was right when he wrote:

"It is beyond my comprehension how people -- rational, thinking human beings -- can believe in an all-powerful benevolent Supreme Being. Obviously that being is either incapable or unwilling to prevent the tragedies and brutalities that mankind has suffered since the beginning of time."

And in spite of all the physical tragedies and brutalities mankind has suffered, how would we describe (overall and as a whole) the spirit of mankind?

c. And, of course, "There are no atheists in a foxhole."

CbrAc1iUsAEMqJp.jpg

Humans expect too much. The Christianity God never says that He's going to maintain anything on earth. Ever since Adam was driven out of Eden, both sinful humans (such as Adam) and sinful angels (such as Adam) are supposed to live in hell (the fallen angels are already there). Earth is a lot better than hell simply because God's job here is not yet finished.

In a nutshell, Eden is inside God's realm but earth is outside God's realm, that's how Adam was driven out of Eden. Earth is no longer Eden where God dwells and thus does maintenance. Earth can even be described as the place of Satan. Satan is said to be the god of this world. God's job here is to save human souls which are savable, not human bodies from any tragedy with most tragedies created by humans themselves.

From another perspective, earth is serving as a filter of an aquarium. Heaven is the aquarium while earth is the filter where all the dirty will stay in order to secure a clean Heaven. Earth is for all kinds of evil to show up thus for God to destroy whoever causing it once and for all to secure a much better Heaven.

Does God love us? It's a question analogue to "do you love apples". I love apples but before they become rotten in my eyes. God loves everyone but before he turns wicked in His eyes. Apples and rotten apples are thus sheep and wolves to the Shepherd.

Last edited:
If there is a God, he doesn’t give shit about us. He’s obviously he’s fucking with us. With wars, diseases, religion, etc.

Not even people go out of their way to create something they don't care about, so why are we suppose to think that God does?

Forum List

Back