Theocracy's ending?

Mike Dwight

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2017
I've been wondering some end dates on the end of various theocracies, BESIDES THE GREAT IMAM OF IRAN, ALL HAIL.

I've been wondering when it is you think the catholic church was no longer a presiding governmental consideration. We know Kings used the catholic churches Latin and had to observe Catholic doctrine. in 1090 was a crusade to support the eastern orthodox church led by the Pope of the western catholic church. In 1400 Genghis Khan wrote to the pope as the Prince of the Princes, to surrender Europe. Still during, and after the Protestant Reformation, the Spanish Armada was a sanctioned Crusade, it gained economic status. The remaining catholics still were deferring to catholocism in government into the French revolution and 1800. When is it Exactly would you say, that showed such indifference to Catholocism among the nations that began today's humanism? I find Benito Musolini's invasion of the Vatican a fun proposition and thesis? I'm not sure on the intervening years, but when the Pope has to surrender to Hitler's new Rome it's pretty funny.

That leads to , when did the Protestant Reformation church no longer have governmental control among the nations? Martin Luther was recorded as barely avoiding the status of peasant revolutionary, that he last minute provided deference to the Lutheran princes, I'm going to instead look at reformed church protestant reformation, I'm not sure on Scandinavia or germany. On the other hand, Reformed and Calvinist nations, Switzerland,france,england,scotland,netherlands, hungary and others outside Germany, shifted off Roman origins and Italy and equal backgrounds in association, there isn't a central Pope, but collaboration is no less. In 1560s, All these coutnries threw off all forms of government that didn't meet the religion, the religion was supreme, we can see every catholic king of England cast off for a long time. The Kingship inheritance law threw off Any catholic inheritances. In 1640s Netherlands agreed to replace the catholic English king with William of orange. In the British colonies it was the required religion for office. Slavery was to be for nonchristians in british colonial times. The US Civil War was framed by the southern united states as furthering the protestant reformation states and joining these states. We never had a Catholic president until Kennedy in the 60's but that's sort of a narrow Theocracy's endingpoint , as an American. I think a good guess is churches no longer exert the majority of decision and outlook when Revolutionary Republic of France was trying to teach the ottomans advanced cannonry but Islam itself judged that learning from Westerners was bad in the late 1800s? Even better, I think protestants could ally Japan, as not protestant or Christian, for political reasons, but look at the depth and Imperial Dogma that the British used in the 1900s anglo-japanese alliances. Empire Always means above a religion in history, look anywhere. The English and Scottish kingdoms more often calling themselves a British Empire. Churchill met for Anglican services with Franklin Roosevelt to suggest and prompt intervention into joining World War 2. I'm not entirely sure that sort of thing happens now. I'm interested where you think this one is.

I think there is no end to theocracy in the Middle East but how strange, and how humiliating, that the 20th century powers insisted on all their states, when Islam has been just the same large Islamic, Arabic speaking, and Arabic ethnicity, for 1000 years now, the abbasid , the ottoman, we're looking at the same thing there. What do you think?

When Japan annexed Korea , Korea had been officialy confucianist for 500 years with big brother China, that's one form of a broken theocratic tie, some debate there.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Sorry, I found I'm not done with the British Empire. Do you know the Reformed religion's Westminster Confession always stated clearly against Catholic ways, that the local language will be used for understanding immediately, no high proper Latin is recognized, a matter of confessional principle. Look wherever the United States Presbyterian missions went was taught in hindu, Korean, Mexican Spanish. The British Empire's Presbyterians went to Only their own colonies, as a police station sort of extension, they All are in English now, British English presumably. Presbyterian Church of East Africa, what is that, anyway? East Africa isn't a nation, it is now Kenya, its stall Presbyterian Church of East Africa because its all on loan still from a controlling Church of Scotland or the British government, right? I mean as far as this being Theocracy its more a demolished British Empire wherever they were. Horace Grant Underwood as far as all literature can figure, straight out of ancient catholic European times, go to the pagan court in Hungary and impress the King, go to the Kingdom of Korea and impress upon them, in danger of execution except for the King's promises, Korea's dusty religious landscape is ready for a revival!

Forum List

Back