Which Seems More Plausible..... ?

Which seems more plausible?

• Abraham is the MOST special human who ever lived.

• Arab ego at the dawn of documentation.

Results are only viewable after voting.

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
THE Creator of Life and The Universe singling out an individual male from The Middle East as "The Apple of HIS Eye",

or

Arab ego? :dunno:

Hows about we stop squabbling over the past and which ancient Arab story is the true and correct pathway to The God of Abraham as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an, instead celebrate The God of (insert your name here), and start looking forward to our species working together to explore the stars?

Just a thought....

THE Creator of Life and The Universe singling out an individual male from The Middle East as "The Apple of HIS Eye",

or

Hows about we stop squabbling over the past and which ancient Arab story is the true and correct pathway to The God of Abraham as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an, instead celebrate The God of (insert your name here), and start looking forward to our species working together to explore the stars?

Just a thought....
Or it could be that the Jews were chosen because of their tradition of passing down their history orally.

The reality is that anyone who has spent any time at all earnestly studying nature and the evolution of space and time cannot help but see purpose in creation.

As far as the stars, look what we've done to our own planet and to each other in the very short time we've existed on it. The last thing the stars need is humanity in the neighborhood.

As far as the stars, look what we've done to our own planet and to each other in the very short time we've existed on it. The last thing the stars need is humanity in the neighborhood.
Humanity is capable of great good and great evil. It's a journey. There will be ups and downs along the way.

or

Just a thought....
Good post - I feel like not knowing gives me the greatest possible purpose that I can imagine.

Abraham just wanted to be known as starting the "one true religion"
Little did he know, at a later time, people would figure out he was just plagiarizing the religion he grew up with :dunno:

Little did he know, at a later time, people would figure out he was just plagiarizing the religion he grew up with :dunno:
I heard a guy say that he didn't know if he was atheist or agnostic because he's atheistic towards the man made religions (a positive case that they're a fraud) whereas he's agnostic towards the cosmos itself. I thought it was interesting and might call for the invention of a new term....but, I think also that agnosticism still fits that scenario just fine.

I heard a guy say that he didn't know if he was atheist or agnostic because he's atheistic towards the man made religions (a positive case that they're a fraud) whereas he's agnostic towards the cosmos itself. I thought it was interesting and might call for the invention of a new term....but, I think also that agnosticism still fits that scenario just fine.
Thats a good way to describe where i am at.

Thats a good way to describe where i am at.
Same, and it's where I've found literally everyone is at when they're walked down the reductio of questioning....be it in their awareness or not.

I would never worship something that built its crown from the edge of a sword. Even if it is real.

Humanity is capable of great good and great evil. It's a journey. There will be ups and downs along the way.

I earned my Planetary Science Degree almost 30 years ago, itself attached to a Physics Minor. It sits in my drawer under a bunch of junk and some pizza coupons.

or

Just a thought....

Was it Isaac or Ishmael that An spared at the top of the mountain that day?

I have said it many times it matter not and we should learn from the story that human sacrifice is not needed and Abraham was willing to kill a kid in the name of An...

The books are stories to teach society right from wrong and yet too many want it to be about how their religion should be the only one that govern our lives...

Oh, inserted the God An ( Anu ) because at the time of Abraham that was the name of the main God of that region of the World...

or

Just a thought....

I have said it many times it matter not and we should learn from the story that human sacrifice is not needed and Abraham was willing to kill a kid in the name of An...

The books are stories to teach society right from wrong and yet too many want it to be about how their religion should be the only one that govern our lives...

Oh, inserted the God An ( Anu ) because at the time of Abraham that was the name of the main God of that region of the World...
The problem with saying what the books teach, is that the books had writers - these are the morals man's discovered and there's no reasonable evidence to prove the contrary. Superstition was evolved into us based on our sentient brains not being advanced enough yet to explain things such as thunder, and the sun. Our brains are knowledge seeking, and we sometimes irrationally fill the gaps. Now that we're growing at a more rapid pace than ever, intellectually and technologically, this is being rendered out.

or

Just a thought....

The problem with saying what the books teach, is that the books had writers - these are the morals man's discovered and there's no reasonable evidence to prove the contrary. Superstition was evolved into us based on our sentient brains not being advanced enough yet to explain things such as thunder, and the sun. Our brains are knowledge seeking, and we sometimes irrationally fill the gaps. Now that we're growing at a more rapid pace than ever, intellectually and technologically, this is being rendered out.

An open minded person never knows all the answers to the Universe...

It is true the Books were written by man and is based on myth that many believe it is true because from the myth there was someone that once named Abraham that once attempted to sacrifice his son and had a change of heart...

Was it a God that changed it or the voice in his head that told him what he was doing was wrong?

For you it was the voice and religious people it was God...

For me I prefer to look at the books as bards tales and my favorite one is Taoism because it teaches how to live with life and not against human nature...

or

Just a thought....

It is true the Books were written by man and is based on myth that many believe it is true because from the myth there was someone that once named Abraham that once attempted to sacrifice his son and had a change of heart...

Was it a God that changed it or the voice in his head that told him what he was doing was wrong?

For me I prefer to look at the books as bards tales and my favorite one is Taoism because it teaches how to live with life and not against human nature...
For me, the story itself is the fib - not the source of the voice in Abraham's head. I don't start from "belief" and go from there - I start from skepticism and seek. There's not enough rational evidence to conclude that Abraham, if he even existed, faced such a dilemma.

or

Just a thought....

For me, the story itself is the fib - not the source of the voice in Abraham's head. I don't start from "belief" and go from there - I start from skepticism and seek. There's not enough rational evidence to conclude that Abraham, if he even existed, faced such a dilemma.

In those day it is possible he did face it if he were the leader of his tribe which would have made him the Priest of the day...

So it is possible a man named Abraham once climbed a mountain to sacrifice his son and came back and said no more because he realized it was wrong...

or

Just a thought....

In those day it is possible he did face it if he were the leader of his tribe which would have made him the Priest of the day...

So it is possible a man named Abraham once climbed a mountain to sacrifice his son and came back and said no more because he realized it was wrong...
It's also possible that potato chips were invented in ancient Mesopotamia, the knowledge was lost, and then reinvented in Saratoga, NY.

Things being "possible" isn't the best rationale to believe them. That's a low bar.

or

Just a thought....
Or it could be that the Jews were chosen because of their tradition of passing down their history orally.

The reality is that anyone who has spent any time at all earnestly studying nature and the evolution of space and time cannot help but see purpose in creation.

Why because the jews self declaimed themselves to be.

Forum List

Back