God = Allah = Abba = father

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by hortysir, Apr 16, 2012.

1. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    I hate to see someone's blind hatred and bigotry blind them to the truths that the Bible and Qur'an share.

Exodus 3:6
    Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Genesis 32:9
    And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee

Acts 3:13
    The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Mark 14:36
    “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

Romans 8:15
    The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Galatians 4:6
    Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

Who was

Just sayin'
    :eusa_angel:

2. JenT

JenT God lead our troops

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +253
    God is the generic word for many names of God. It's unfortunate we didn't stick with Eloheim or El Shaddai, then there wouldn't be so much confusion with Allah.

Did you know the phonetic Hebrew word for Allah is:

אלה
    'âlâh
    aw-law'
    A primitive root (rather identical with H422 through the idea of invocation); to bewail: - lament.

אלה
    'âlâh
    aw-law'
    A primitive root; properly to adjure, that is, (usually in a bad sense) imprecate: - adjure, curse, swear.

As for equating all gods as one, it doesn't wash. Muslims know it as well, that's why their law is to kill anyone who leaves Islam for Christianity.

Sure there is a Jesus in the Islamic beliefs, but their belief is that He is no more than a prophet that was able to do a few healings. That's not all that Christ is to a Christian, not by a long shot.

Similarities in beliefs? Sure. That's what happens when a man decides he is a prophet and tries to convince the Jews and the Christians that he knows their religions better than they do and instead creates a third, mixing up all the beliefs and then claiming his book usurps all others then butchers them when they disagree.

That doesn't make it the same god. Far from it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  3. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    A twisted man's convoluted ideas about what God the Father wants doesn't diminish His divinity.

IOW..... Same Father, different interpretations.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. AmericanFirst

AmericanFirst Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,005
    The quran is nothing but lies taken from the Bible by the liar mohammed. Allah is not the god of Abraham, Izaac, and Jacob, Jehova is. Allah is satan.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. JenT

JenT God lead our troops

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +253
    There are so many verses in both books, but the direction of the Quran is to dominate and mistreat unbelievers so badly that they will give in just to survive and convert to Islam. Mohammad used Islam to gain political control and beheaded (was it over 900?) who refused to submit.

Christ role modeled to forgive those who persecute and kill us.

How much more different could the two beliefs be.

Libs seem to want to destroy all things Christian. I think there will be some real regret when you see what comes next, but it will be too late.

6. Artevelde

Artevelde Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Have you ever read the Quran? It is a very different book from the New Testament. Very little in common.

I respect everybody's religion. Saying that they are all the same is the deepest form of disrespect and religious intolerance.

7. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,085
    You forgot the last part of the equation

God = Myth

8. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    I always laugh when I hear Christian denigrate the name "Allah".

The word Allah just means "The God" in arabic.

If you go to a Christian church anywhere in the Middle East. Their services are conducted in the Arabic language and their Bibles are printed in Arabic.

If you open their Bible you will see that they use the word "Allah" instead of "God" or "Lord" like in the English translation of the King James Bible.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Muslims and Christians and Jews all worship the god of Abraham do they not?

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Yes. But stupid people - of all faiths or of no faith - are welcome to whine about it.