Are You Saved By Faith....Or By Works

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
I've read the bible from cover to cover. I've read the new testament at least ten times with concordances close by for additional opinions. While I was still in my 20's I had most of it committed to memory...chapter and verse. Without a doubt the most confusing, contradictory piece of writing in the history of the world. They couldn't even decide what it takes to accomplish what is supposed to be the most important decision a human will ever make that being what will determine eternal fate:

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

James 2
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Then there's the baptism thing. Some churches require no ritual, some sprinkle and the Primitive Baptist believe that if one is never submerged completely their soul is doomed to eternal flames and a pit of molten brimstone.

There are hundreds of contradictions in what might be considered some of the most important issues in the bible. Maybe that's why when the south sea islands are included there are more than 4000 ancient gods being worshipped. That might be when Christianity and it's conventions, denominations, sects, cults, sub cults, etc. are added there are more than 44,000 other ways to believe.

If the all powerful, all knowing, supreme god of the universe dropped off the only keys to the kingdom to a gang of ignorant primitives who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat, he has one helluva sense of humor.

Last edited:
I've read the bible from cover to cover. I've read the new testament at least ten times with concordances close by for additional opinions. While I was still in my 20's I had most of it committed to memory...chapter and verse. Without a doubt the most confusing, contradictory piece of writing in the history of the world.

Ye GADs! Why?

They couldn't even decide what it takes to accomplish what is supposed to be the most important decision a human will ever make that being what will determine eternal fate:

WEll given that the Old Testment and the New Testament represent essantially completely different religions worshipping diametrically different GODS , that does not much surprise me.

I've read the bible from cover to cover. I've read the new testament at least ten times with concordances close by for additional opinions. While I was still in my 20's I had most of it committed to memory...chapter and verse. Without a doubt the most confusing, contradictory piece of writing in the history of the world. They couldn't even decide what it takes to accomplish what is supposed to be the most important decision a human will ever make that being what will determine eternal fate:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

James 2
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Then there's the baptism thing. Some churches require no ritual, some sprinkle and the Primitive Baptist believe that if one is never submerged completely their soul is doomed to eternal flames and a pit of molten brimstone.

There are hundreds of contradictions in what might be considered some of the most important issues in the bible. Maybe that's why when the south sea islands are included there are more than 4000 ancient gods being worshipped. That might be when Christianity and it's conventions, denominations, sects, cults, sub cults, etc. are added there are more than 44,000 other ways to believe.

If the all powerful, all knowing, supreme god of the universe dropped off the only keys to the kingdom to a gang of ignorant primitives who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat, he has one helluva sense of humor.

Guess you just have a reading comprehension problem.

What else is new.

I've read the bible from cover to cover. I've read the new testament at least ten times with concordances close by for additional opinions. While I was still in my 20's I had most of it committed to memory...chapter and verse. Without a doubt the most confusing, contradictory piece of writing in the history of the world.

Ye GADs! Why?

They couldn't even decide what it takes to accomplish what is supposed to be the most important decision a human will ever make that being what will determine eternal fate:

WEll given that the Old Testment and the New Testament represent essantially completely different religions worshipping diametrically different GODS , that does not much surprise me.

They worshiped the same God.....but they had different traditions.

If you notice God made covenants with the Hebrews and then with the rest of the world and when these covenants took place it was a promise on both parties to change the laws. The New Testament is meant to change old traditions and begin a new covenant with Hebrews and Gentiles alike.

What was the purpose of Jesus Christ?

If you can answer that and believe it....it doesn't matter how much you give to the poor. There is a reason this is central in Christianity. It used to be traditions were all the people had to follow. Now faith is the key and because you understand this maybe you might clean up your act because of it.

Just reading the Bible from cover to cover doesn't mean you understand it. And even if you understand most of it doesn't mean you know everything.

Ye GADs! Why?

LOL....the Jews wrote both. The OT prophecies tell of the coming of Christ and Jesus said he came to fulfill the OT law. What more do you need to tie them together............

Last edited:
So youre trying to tell us your so smart, but you cant figure this out?

Maybe you should humble yourself before God and ask Him for once in your life.

Screw your ancient god.....You too for that matter.

I've read the bible from cover to cover. I've read the new testament at least ten times with concordances close by for additional opinions. While I was still in my 20's I had most of it committed to memory...chapter and verse.

If I had just glanced that Readers Digest version, I'd know the Bible better than you.

So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Your problem here is that you're being too stupid to follow simple reasoning. James doesn't say works itself is necessary. He says there's no faith without works, not because faith comes from works, but because works comes from faith.

Any time two idiots are in the same room, they'll have a different understanding of any fact, if left to their own devices. That doesn't show the fact is not a fact. The only reason there's not a million denominations is because most of these idiots are followers, not leaders.

There were witches then, just as there is today. They just don't have supernatural power. They worship nature or false gods/spirits. Their paganism is what offends God, not whether or not they can light a candle with a few words instead of a match.

James 2

Keep digging the whole to stupid, stupid. Repeating yourself all the time just makes you look, well, STUPID!!!! You are saved by grace, through faith in Jesus. The Bible does not contradict itself, you just refuse to believe.

James 2

Keep digging the whole to stupid, stupid. Repeating yourself all the time just makes you look, well, STUPID!!!! You are saved by grace, through faith in Jesus. The Bible does not contradict itself, you just refuse to believe.

Too funny not to point out.

Ye GADs! Why?

Wrong, one God. Old testament is book of history and law. Mankind proved he could not follow the law to be worthy of Heaven. New Testament is the new covenant between God and man through Jesus Christ, Gods Son. Obviously man is still proving himself to be unworthy of heaven by his disbelief.

James 2

Too funny not to point out.
Thanks.

I've read the bible from cover to cover. I've read the new testament at least ten times with concordances close by for additional opinions. While I was still in my 20's I had most of it committed to memory...chapter and verse.

If I had just glanced that Readers Digest version, I'd know the Bible better than you.

So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Your problem here is that you're being too stupid to follow simple reasoning. James doesn't say works itself is necessary. He says there's no faith without works, not because faith comes from works, but because works comes from faith.

Any time two idiots are in the same room, they'll have a different understanding of any fact, if left to their own devices. That doesn't show the fact is not a fact. The only reason there's not a million denominations is because most of these idiots are followers, not leaders.

There were witches then, just as there is today. They just don't have supernatural power. They worship nature or false gods/spirits. Their paganism is what offends God, not whether or not they can light a candle with a few words instead of a match.

There were no witches then and there are no witches now. Only the brainwashed or the naive believe otherwise:

WITCH A woman claiming or popularly believed to possess magical powers and practice sorcery...........A woman believed to cause, bring, or effect by witchcraft

Last edited:

James 2

What is difficult about it? You must have faith and you must also work for salvation. Jesus and God Command that one preach the word and spread Gods word to everyone.

WITCH A woman claiming or popularly believed to possess magical powers and practice sorcery...........A woman believed to cause, bring, or effect by witchcraft

A witch can include anyone who practices wictchraft, regardless of any actual supernatural power, like a theist is someone who believes in God regardless of whether God exists. More to the point, why would you be such an idiot that you think you can impose an arbitrary definition onto a word in the Bible that forces the Bible to be wrong and then proclaim that the Bible is wrong.

Random House 2012 dictionary:

witch 
noun
a person, now especially a woman, who professes or is supposed to practice magic, especially black magic or the black art; sorceress.

Damn pagan idiots.

Last edited:

James 2

What is difficult about it? You must have faith and you must also work for salvation. Jesus and God Command that one preach the word and spread Gods word to everyone.

What part of this do you not understand....people who tie up their time in ancient god worship are either very naive or very brainwashed. PERIOD

Question for you.What does god have against poor folks who live in trailer parks. Every time a tornado hits one twice as many people get killed as does when it hits a subdivision with brick homes.

Last edited:

You're not my type.

Forgive me for thinking you might want to get an answer for your questions. When you finally decide to learn some things, God is waiting:)

James 2

Why do you keep spreading the lie that people thought the Earth was flat? Does it make you feel smart to lie about dead people?

You're not my type.

Forgive me for thinking you might want to get an answer for your questions. When you finally decide to learn some things, God is waiting:)

I would be ashamed now in the year 2012 for anyone to think I believed a collection of primitive fairy tales including virgin birth, son of god, savior of the world, Holy Ghosts and rising from the dead. That ancient load of bullschit is so illogical and incomprehensible in modern society that only the brainwashed and basket cases should be pursuing the idea.

There's a sucker born every minute. They vote Republican(party of the 1%) and thump their bibles.

Forum List

Back