Glenn Beck: ‘Liberals, you were right’ on the war in Iraq

Regardless of anything said by Democrats, the Bush administration lied to invade Iraq.

The Record on CURVEBALL

Oh they did....they cherry picked and fabricated their way into a "war of choice." Then they whine and cry about the deficit after voluntarily spending nearly a trillion dollars on their "war of choice."

I remember the build up the war well. I kept asking myself and other, "How is this happening? Why are we attacking Iraq? They had nothing to do with 911." I have never felt such a feeling of helplessness. W and DICK cooked the books to get what they wanted.

Isn't this a little like blaming it on the victims?

Isn't that the issue? We can only be victims if we allow ourselves to be victims. We can be victims and make excuses or we can step up and accept that our actions can change things and make better choices.

Nice rhetoric but not entirely true. There are innocent victims through no fault of their own!

Sad thing is, i think the main reason Iraq became a failure is because Obama took over. I could be wrong. But maybe the lesson is we can't do these type of things because the next guy in power might be completely incompetent.

By the time Obama took over as President, the war in Iraq had lost public appeal due to an eroding economy and the various corporate disasters that ensued under BOOSH! If there was any INCOMPETENCY to acknowledge, look no further than the GOP: The party of “NO” except to further their own selfish interests. As in the past, the GOP messed things up and left a mess for the incoming Democrat administration to clean up…without republican help!

So it's Bush's fault, you can't articulate a real reason why it just is. But Obama isn't responsible at all for what's going on despite his involvement in releasing the leader of ISIS, his destabilization of the middle east, and his providing weapons to this group in Syria?

Sorry, just don't see it. Not saying Bush is completely blameless but Iraq and the middle east was no where near this when Obama took over.

Well, consider this:

Most of the right wingers posting here glean their attack material from talking heads such as Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity and such. Researching that, I have come to realize that virtually every conservative talking point has a poll at its core.
While I am no fan of polls, due to the inherent duplicity and fudge factors involved in conducting them, there are times when I find it appropriate to throw them back in the face of believers who live by them.

When the Iraq war began, 68% of Americans were for it. Over time , affinity for the war changed! A poll conducted by the Opinion Research Corp in 2007 ostensibly reflected that 61% said it was not worth invading Iraq.
Public opinion early in the 21st century was driven by the 911 disaster and the Bush administration was initially given a carte blanche license to do anything they wanted to avenge that dastardly attack on our soil. Democrats and Republicans alike joined in the mass hysteria, united under the banner of retribution. Bush, masking his desire for personal revenge against Saddam Hussein, who orchestrated an attempt on his father’s life, found the perfect excuse to invade Iraq: an allegation that Saddam was harboring Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Our CIA fed the frenzy with reports that Saddam was hiding WMDs. But, even when NATO inspectors were allowed into Iraq to investigate, and nothing was found, the reports persisted. (Many CIA analysts complained publicly that the Bush Administration was forcing them to lie on this issue.)

In the minds of armchair speculators, fiction became fact and was mirrored in the polls, setting a dangerous precedent. Eyeing the American polls, Bush called for support from our allies to invade Iraq. They balked because NATO Inspectors and foreign intelligence agencies found no WMDs and confirmed Hussein had no ties to Bin Laden; the latter of which was confirmed by reports from Israeli intelligence.

Saddam Hussein had not forgotten the slaughter of Iraqis during Desert Storm and he wanted no repeat of that! But, GW Bush, with the hoodwinked Democrat congress in tow, seized the opportunity to pursue his deadly vendetta. That move certainly gained no favor among Europeans and American taxpayers who had to pay sooner or later for the entire affair.

myself (JQ) By the time said:
Obama took over as President, the war in Iraq had lost public appeal due to an eroding economy and the various corporate disasters that ensued under BOOSH! If there was any INCOMPETENCY to acknowledge, look no further than the GOP: The party of “NO” except to further their own selfish interests. As in the past, the GOP messed things up and left a mess for the incoming Democrat.
The above re-quote says it all. Due to GOP generated economic woes in the USA, Obama really had little choice other than to get Americans out of Iraq. He sought the advice of his top military leaders in doing so.

Opinion polls ostensibly reflected a microcosm of the Will of The People and provided clues as to why the GOP had lost favor in the eyes of the American voters. Obama, sensing that collective energy, acted wisely and redirected what resources he could to domestic issues.. Remember, he did this while the Republican controlled House did everything they could to MAKE HIM FAIL! Even as he tried to stabilize our own struggling economy, the GOP were as relentless in their mission as Al-Qaeda in undermining the President of the United States!

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Americans are starkly less confident and proud of their country's involvement in Iraq, according to poll results released Sunday.
However, the poll -- results of which were released on the eve of the Iraq war's 4-year anniversary -- also indicated that Americans are no more worried about the conflict than they were when it began in March 2003.
The CNN poll of 1,027 adults was conducted March 9-11 by Opinion Research Corp. The sampling error for the poll is plus or minus 3 percentage points.
According to the results, 35 percent of Americans are confident about the war, the poll said. When the war began, 83 percent of Americans expressed confidence in the campaign.
Similarly, 30 percent of those polled this month said they were proud of the war, as opposed to 65 percent who expressed that sentiment in 2003.
The poll also showed that 33 percent of Americans are afraid of the war and 55 percent are worried by it. Those percentages are roughly the same as they were four years ago.
Sunday's results came on the heels of a Saturday release indicating that years of war had whittled away at Americans' support for the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
When the Iraq war began, 68 percent of Americans said they felt the situation in the country was worth fighting over. Now, 61 percent of those surveyed say it was not worth invading Iraq, according to the poll.
That survey of 1,027 adults by Opinion Research Corp. was conducted by telephone March 9-11 as well. It has a sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.
The poll showed that support for the Iraq war had dwindled to 35 percent. In 2004, support for the war was about 56 percent. Last year, the number dipped to 37 percent, and today about 35 percent of Americans say they support the war, according to the poll.
Support for the war in Afghanistan also has seen a considerable decline as 88 percent of those polled in 2001 said they were behind the conflict. This month's poll indicates that support lingers around 53 percent.
Also, according to the poll, about 55 percent of Americans feel the war in Afghanistan is "going badly," according to the poll.
Poll: Confidence in Iraq war down sharply - CNN.com CIRCA 2007

2007? :eusa_think: I remember it well. The US. taxpayer was being billed $2BILLION/DAY in 2007 for Cheney's & Bush's war of choice.

Regardless of anything said by Democrats, the Bush administration lied to invade Iraq.

The Record on CURVEBALL

Oh they did....they cherry picked and fabricated their way into a "war of choice." Then they whine and cry about the deficit after voluntarily spending nearly a trillion dollars on their "war of choice."

I remember the build up the war well. I kept asking myself and other, "How is this happening? Why are we attacking Iraq? They had nothing to do with 911." I have never felt such a feeling of helplessness. W and DICK cooked the books to get what they wanted.

How many people in the BuSh Administration used the line "We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud"?

He deserves credit for his honesty.

I'm sure he knew this would piss off a lot of conservatives.

Credit where credit is due, good for him. We could use more honesty.

Agreed, I will read give his work a closer look.

Beck must be losing more advertisers to make such a flip-flop.

You need Beck to pay income taxes so the government can collect more money to send your sorry ass.

Beck does not need a job. Or maybe you are not aware of how much he is worth.

CNN didn't fire him. Fox didn't fire him. That is just a drug tale from the likes of the DailyKos.

You, on the other hand, are a nightmare for working people.

Maybe Glenn Beck is not so crazy after all. :smiliehug:

Glenn Beck: ?Liberals, you were right? on the war in Iraq | MSNBC

No, you’re not dreaming.

Conservative radio pundit Glenn Beck—the man who famously said “The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?’” — is siding with liberals on the war in Iraq.

“Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes,” Beck said on his radio program, according to a transcript on his site. “You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”
Liberals force servitude and dependency on the American people...who gives a shit about Iraqis...

Maybe Glenn Beck is not so crazy after all. :smiliehug:

Glenn Beck: ?Liberals, you were right? on the war in Iraq | MSNBC

No, you’re not dreaming.

Conservative radio pundit Glenn Beck—the man who famously said “The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?’” — is siding with liberals on the war in Iraq.

“Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes,” Beck said on his radio program, according to a transcript on his site. “You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”
Liberals force servitude and dependency on the American people...who gives a shit about Iraqis...

Well, I agree with "who gives a shit about Iraqis."

Sad thing is, i think the main reason Iraq became a failure is because Obama took over. I could be wrong. But maybe the lesson is we can't do these type of things because the next guy in power might be completely incompetent.

the lies....they taste so good..Perhaps the real lesson here is you listen to the people who knew Iraq was a mistake and this would end up happening...Perhaps you should have listened instead of calling those people anti-american traitors, and terrorist lovers. You wont because you are a low life moron, who dishes out his daily partisan talking points about how things should be while doing the samething himself. You are a dishonest person, and nothing more.

but you dont see that because you have jesus powers or something. Go back to crying about how obama is out to get you. You are clearly unqualified to talk about Iraq on the basis you are stupid.

Beck must be losing more advertisers to make such a flip-flop.

You need Beck to pay income taxes so the government can collect more money to send your sorry ass.

Beck does not need a job. Or maybe you are not aware of how much he is worth.

CNN didn't fire him. Fox didn't fire him. That is just a drug tale from the likes of the DailyKos.

You, on the other hand, are a nightmare for working people.

He wasn't literally fired but he didn't exactly leave of his own accord.

A Fox News spokesperson:

Glenn Beck wasn't trying to save his soul, he was trying to save his ass. Advertisers fled his show and even Glenn knows what that means in our industry. Yet, we still tried to give him a soft landing. Guess no good deed goes unpunished.

He deserves credit for his honesty.

I'm sure he knew this would piss off a lot of conservatives.

Credit where credit is due, good for him. We could use more honesty.

Agreed, I will read give his work a closer look.

Dont...he disagreed, belittled and made enemies out of people who disagreed with him not with facts but with wild eyed conspiracy theories and a logic that determined if "liberals" liked it he didnt.

Then when the forest is burned down...all of his bullshit turns out to be not true and all the advice he was given by "evil US hating liberals" turns out to be true he stands in the rubble and says "my bad"

Saddam-Hussein-miss-me-yet.jpg

YES!

The liberals weren't "right" about Iraq. Most of them supported it.

Forum List

Back