Glenn Beck: ‘Liberals, you were right’ on the war in Iraq

Maybe Glenn Beck is not so crazy after all. :smiliehug:

Glenn Beck: ?Liberals, you were right? on the war in Iraq | MSNBC

No, you’re not dreaming.

Conservative radio pundit Glenn Beck—the man who famously said “The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?’” — is siding with liberals on the war in Iraq.

“Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes,” Beck said on his radio program, according to a transcript on his site. “You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”

liberals say hip hip hurrah for becks words

when what he is really saying is that the folks in the mid east

are too stupid and savage to "get" democracy liberty and freedom

No that's why 21 times as many Democrats as Republicans voted against the war.

the ones who voted for it based their vote on Dubya's cherry-picked, flawed, &, in some instances, made-up justifications. :eusa_liar:

Get real. Clinton was bitching about Saadam when he was president of the US.

al gore ran on a plank against bush senior

saying he did not go far enough to get saddam

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JE48XHKG64]Gore criticizes Bush for ignoring Iraq's ties to terrorism - YouTube[/ame]

Sad thing is, i think the main reason Iraq became a failure is because Obama took over. I could be wrong. But maybe the lesson is we can't do these type of things because the next guy in power might be completely incompetent.

By the time Obama took over as President, the war in Iraq had lost public appeal due to an eroding economy and the various corporate disasters that ensued under BOOSH! If there was any INCOMPETENCY to acknowledge, look no further than the GOP: The party of “NO” except to further their own selfish interests. As in the past, the GOP messed things up and left a mess for the incoming Democrat administration to clean up…without republican help!

Sad thing is, i think the main reason Iraq became a failure is because Obama took over. I could be wrong. But maybe the lesson is we can't do these type of things because the next guy in power might be completely incompetent.

By the time Obama took over as President, the war in Iraq had lost public appeal due to an eroding economy and the various corporate disasters that ensued under BOOSH! If there was any INCOMPETENCY to acknowledge, look no further than the GOP: The party of “NO” except to further their own selfish interests. As in the past, the GOP messed things up and left a mess for the incoming Democrat administration to clean up…without republican help!

So it's Bush's fault, you can't articulate a real reason why it just is. But Obama isn't responsible at all for what's going on despite his involvement in releasing the leader of ISIS, his destabilization of the middle east, and his providing weapons to this group in Syria?

Sorry, just don't see it. Not saying Bush is completely blameless but Iraq and the middle east was no where near this when Obama took over.

"Could be wrong". Well ain't that fucking sweet.

No, invading a country that never attacked our country is most definitely the "most wrong" thing that this country has done in a long long time.

The fact that you and the idiots that gave you the thanks aren't smart enough to realize this is the thing that is " wrong" in this country. People like you are idiots.

I could be wrong. But I'm not.

Don't forget folks,

nothing is Obama's fault

absolutely NOTHING he's as clean as the first fallen snow now lets all bow

Don't forget folks,

nothing is Obama's fault

absolutely NOTHING he's as clean as the first fallen snow now lets all bow

"When an opponent declares, 'I will not come over to your side, and you will not get me on your side,' I calmly say, 'Your child belongs to me already. A people lives forever. What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants however now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community'.

control the information

and you control the people

Connecticut High School Blocks Student Access To Conservative Web Sites
June 18, 2014 Leave a Comment Written by jeffery reynolds
A Connecticut High School has reportedly blocked students from accessing conservative web sites, which have been deemed hate speech by the powers that be. A brave student whistleblower at Nonnewaug High is now speaking out.
According to local news reports, a student at Nonnewaug High School was preparing for a class sponsored debate on gun control. Hoping to do his due diligence in researching the topic, he attempted to access sources of information available online. What he found was so upsetting that he confronted the school board at a recent meeting to demand answers.

The answers he was given by at least one administrator were even more shocking. When confronted by the student, the following exchange took place:

I was first directed by the school administration to Superintendent Jody Goegler, who l would like to thank for being helpful in answering my questions. Mr. Goegler informed me that all politically oriented websites were to be blocked to prevent hate-speech from leeching into the school. However, even after informing him of the previously stated websites, nothing has been done to correct the problem.
What websites were deemed hate speech? Some of the more egregious examples include Paul Ryan for Congress, The NRA, Debate.org, National Right to Life, Christianity.com and The Vatican’s official website.

The student, Adam Lampart, read a speech to the school board on June 16. Here is the full text of that speech:

To the Board of Education members,

My name is Andrew Lampart from Woodbury, Connecticut. I am a senior at Nonnewaug High school.

Earlier in the semester, our law class was promised to hold a debate closer to the end of the year on the issue of gun control. To prepare, I decided to do some research and gather resources during study hall. However, I immediately found it difficult to find resources that were opposed to stricter gun-control as most of these websites were blocked by the firewall. Most of these websites were blocked under the category of “Political/Advocacy Groups.” Out of curiousity, I decided to perform a brief investigation and search to see what other websites were blocked under this listing. What I discovered was appalling.

As you can see from the list that I have provided you, the firewall at the high school offers a very biased viewpoint towards not only the issue of gun-control, but also abortion, religion, and political parties. Even in this crucial election year for not only the state of Connecticut, but the entire nation, the firewall has selectively blocked candidate websites.

Is the region encouraging us to support abortion and gay marriage over traditional family values, as websites such as lgbtqnation.com, and Planned parenthood are unblocked, while protectmarriage.com, ctfamily.org, and the National Right To Life Organization are blocked? Is the Board trying to press these ideas onto the students of Region 14?

Is the Region suggesting that it is better for students to reject the Second Amendment and for them and their families to disarm, as nationalgunrights.org, Second Amendment Foundation, and National Rifle Association are blocked, while Newtown Action Alliance, Moms Demand Action, and even banhandgunsnow.org are unblocked? Is it the policy of the region to reject the right to bear arms?

Is the region supporting the religion of Islam, whose radical believers wage war against this nation, who murdered almost 3000 Americans on 9/11, and vow to continue these acts of terrorism, but are rejecting the principles of Christianity which this nation was founded upon? The Offical Vatican webpage and Chritianity.com are blocked, while islam-guide.com, and al-islam.org are unblocked. Is the Board endorsing the religion of our current enemy?

Is the region attempting to sway students to think and vote for the Democrat party instead of Republican ideology, as the official website for the state Republican Party is blocked, while the webpage for the state Democrat party is unblocked? Even down to the news sources which a student may access; allowing students to access content from extremely liberal news sources like the Huffington Post and MSNBC, while at the same time blocking The Blaze, Town Hall, Red State, and CT Mirror are blocked? Is the Board looking to sway students to think and register towards a particular political party?

Is the region rejecting its political neutrality by pushing students and staff to vote for a specific candidate during these crucial state and federal elections, as the campaign websites for Republican candidates Kie Westby for Attorney General and Governor hopeful Joseph Visconti are blocked, yet the campaign page for Governor Daniel Malloy is unblocked? Is the Board willing to sacrifice its mandatory political neutrality in hopes to elect the candidates they wish to see elected?

I was first directed by the school administration to Superintendent Jody Goegler, who l would like to thank for being helpful in answering my questions. Mr. Goegler informed me that all politically oriented websites were to be blocked to prevent hate-speech from leeching into the school. However, even after informing him of the previously stated websites, nothing has been done to correct the problem.

On behalf of all NHS students, I would like to know what policies are in effect regarding internet security, as well as who, if anyone, is monitoring the internet for the school and region.

Our education system is designed to produce graduates who are free-thinkers – not ones who are told what to think. By blocking politics from school – especially high school – the district is leaving students unprepared to face, deliberate, and solve the real-world issues that our country faces today and those in the unimagined future. Our school system requires an internet policy that is fair and balanced towards all ways of thinking.

I would like to thank you for giving me the time to bring this issue to your attention, so that the Board may review the internet policies and make changes where necessary.

–Blocked–
-National Right To Life
-ctmirror.org
-debate.org
-Second Amendment Foundation
-National Rifle Association
-Paul Ryan for Congress
-liberallogic101.com
-The Black Sphere
–rightwingnewscom
-ctfamily.org
rightwingwatch.org
redstate.com
townhall.com
sarahpac.com
teaparty.org
National Right To Life Foundation
Protectmarriage.com
vatican.va
christianity.com
nationalgunrights.org
ctgop.org
liberallogic101.com

Connecticut High School Blocks Student Access To Conservative Web Sites - 54° 40? Or Fight!

No, you’re not dreaming.

Conservative radio pundit Glenn Beck—the man who famously said “The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?’” — is siding with liberals on the war in Iraq.

“Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes,” Beck said on his radio program, according to a transcript on his site. “You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”

The Iraq War wasn't meant to force Democracy on the Iraqis. It was meant to remove a threat.

It's not our fault Muslims are too screwed up to want it. If they want our freedoms they move here.

Last edited:

No, invading a country that never attacked our country is most definitely the "most wrong" thing that this country has done in a long long time.

The fact that you and the idiots that gave you the thanks aren't smart enough to realize this is the thing that is " wrong" in this country. People like you are idiots.

Back when we had allies, invading them meant an attack against the US.

Saddam invaded Kuwait, which was our ally. He continued to fire on our aircraft enforcing the No-fly zone, paid suicide bombers $25k apiece to kill Israelis, hid hundreds of tons of uranium hoping to make bombs with it, gave weapons and provided support to al Qaeda, etc.....The list goes on and on. Obama took Qaddaffi out for less than this yet you feel he was totally justified.

Last edited:

No, you’re not dreaming.

liberals say hip hip hurrah for becks words

when what he is really saying is that the folks in the mid east

are too stupid and savage to "get" democracy liberty and freedom

Well Glenn Beck is right... al Qaeda and the tribal leaders of the Sunni's, and Shiites in Iraq are too stupid to "get" liberty and democracy.

Megyn Kelly Totally Owns Dick Cheney Over His Terrible Iraq Track Record

Fox News' Megyn Kelly mercilessly confronted former Vice President Dick Cheney on her Wednesday show about his track record in Iraq.

After quoting Cheney's recent op-ed on the war, in which he said of President Obama, “Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many,” she put this scorcher of a question to him:

"Time and time again, history has proven that you got it wrong as well in Iraq, sir. You said there was no doubt Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. You said we would be greeted as liberators. You said the insurgency was in its last throes back in 2005, and you said that after our intervention, extremists would have to 'rethink their strategy of jihad.' Now, with almost a trillion dollars spent there, with almost 4,500 American lives lost there, what do you say to those who say you were so wrong about so much at the expense of so many?"​

Apparently Glenn Beck isn't the only rightwinger to see the light. Thanks, Megyn.

Back when we had allies, invading them meant an attack against the US.

Saddam invaded Kuwait, which was our ally. He continued to fire on our aircraft enforcing the No-fly zone, paid suicide bombers $25k apiece to kill Israelis, hid hundreds of tons of uranium hoping to make bombs with it, gave weapons and provided support to al Qaeda, etc.....The list goes on and on. Obama took Qaddaffi out for less than this yet you feel he was totally justified.

Kuwait was not our ally. A regional squabble between Iraq and Kuwait was none of our business,

unless you believe that oil is worth killing, or dying, for.

Fox News' Megyn Kelly mercilessly confronted former Vice President Dick Cheney on her Wednesday show about his track record in Iraq.

After quoting Cheney's recent op-ed on the war, in which he said of President Obama, “Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many,” she put this scorcher of a question to him:

"Time and time again, history has proven that you got it wrong as well in Iraq, sir. You said there was no doubt Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. You said we would be greeted as liberators. You said the insurgency was in its last throes back in 2005, and you said that after our intervention, extremists would have to 'rethink their strategy of jihad.' Now, with almost a trillion dollars spent there, with almost 4,500 American lives lost there, what do you say to those who say you were so wrong about so much at the expense of so many?"​

Apparently Glenn Beck isn't the only rightwinger to see the light. Thanks, Megyn.

Atta girl Megyn Kelly, you are a true Fox (fair and balanced).

Megyn Kelly to Dick Cheney: Wrong, sir

Megyn Kelly to Dick Cheney: Wrong, sir - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com

The far left poster believing a far left blog site...

I see you are clueless. Did you watch the video? He said exactly what the thread posted. Iraq was a war of choice that was prorogated with a lie. And it all revolved around revenge and profit. We will pay for the Iraq blunder for many years.

Atta girl Megyn Kelly, you are a true Fox (fair and balanced).

Megyn Kelly to Dick Cheney: Wrong, sir

Megyn Kelly to Dick Cheney: Wrong, sir - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com

WOW! How did the Australian allow that to get on air. And then he sits there and lies about Obama saying terrorism is gone. He is still a delusional old man.

Forum List

Back