Glenn Beck: ‘Liberals, you were right’ on the war in Iraq

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Maybe Glenn Beck is not so crazy after all. :smiliehug:

Glenn Beck: ?Liberals, you were right? on the war in Iraq | MSNBC

No, you’re not dreaming.

Conservative radio pundit Glenn Beck—the man who famously said “The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?’” — is siding with liberals on the war in Iraq.

“Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes,” Beck said on his radio program, according to a transcript on his site. “You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”

Last edited:
Sad thing is, i think the main reason Iraq became a failure is because Obama took over. I could be wrong. But maybe the lesson is we can't do these type of things because the next guy in power might be completely incompetent.

Oh, so that's why 30 Democrats in the Senate voted to go to war in Iraq!

Including all the ones that ran for party nomination in 2004...and Hillary. For the record I was opposed to the war from beginning for exact reason of whats happening now in Iraq. Afghanistan was fine, a terrorist attack was launched from there...but Iraq was a war of choice and a poorly thought out plan.

He deserves credit for his honesty.

I'm sure he knew this would piss off a lot of conservatives.

Credit where credit is due, good for him. We could use more honesty.

Yep...honesty, integrity, character...values and characteristics we rarely see anymore...especially in the political arena. Conservatives used to extol those virtues until the Tea Party perverted the GOP.

I am not saying he is right...but he is being honest with himself, something most people fail at.

Last edited:

What about the credit to the liberals who were ignored the entire time? Jesus christ

I gave him credit when he apologized for being a factor in dividing the country, and called his listeners "fragile"

fragile minded right wing . Beck got that one right too.

Sad thing is, i think the main reason Iraq became a failure is because Obama took over. I could be wrong. But maybe the lesson is we can't do these type of things because the next guy in power might be completely incompetent.

Obama snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Becks been an idiot for longer than Obama has been president

Oh, so that's why 30 Democrats in the Senate voted to go to war in Iraq!

Including all the ones that ran for party nomination in 2004...and Hillary. For the record I was opposed to the war from beginning for exact reason of whats happening now in Iraq. Afghanistan was fine, a terrorist attack was launched from there...but Iraq was a war of choice and a poorly thought out plan.
Like it or not? W would have had to address Iraq sooner or later and with the same result. Saddam wasn't as liked in the Arab world as most think.

All we did by going in during Bush was hasten what's going on now.

I gave him credit when he apologized for being a factor in dividing the country, and called his listeners "fragile"

fragile minded right wing . Beck got that one right too.

Teapers are very fragile minded lemmings. Beck better watch out or his listeners will find someone else to tell them how to think.

Maybe Glenn Beck is not so wrong after all. :smiliehug:

Glenn Beck: ?Liberals, you were right? on the war in Iraq | MSNBC

No, you’re not dreaming.

Conservative radio pundit Glenn Beck—the man who famously said “The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?’” — is siding with liberals on the war in Iraq.

“Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes,” Beck said on his radio program, according to a transcript on his site. “You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”

Wow. This would officially be the second time I have agreed with this guy on something.

The first was when he said we should not arm the rebels in Syria.

Are cats and dogs living together now? WTF?

Yeah, because there was a chance in Hell that Bush could win, right? And if ONLY another Republican had won the election then Iraq would be all flowers and Wal-Marts by now, right?

You people are delusional. There was never going to be any military victory in Iraq. George W. Bush had dreams when he was a little boy in college about being the Grand Commander of the US military, standing triumphantly on the deck of a super-nuclear deathcraft carrier, spewing out MISSION ACCOMPLISHED hero speeches in front of a giant American flag as the world sucked him off for a job well done, all to gain the approval of his psychotic father.

George W. Bush lied to the world to achieve that dream, and now he's in hiding in his mansion, protected by taxpayer dollars and party loyalty because the civilized world wants him to die old and alone in prison for what he did.

You just revealed yourself as the r-wing partisan hack that you naturally are. You are a moron and an idiot and a fraud! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back