Glenn Beck: ‘Liberals, you were right’ on the war in Iraq

Who in the human condition doesn't want to be free? Who in the human condition doesn't want to be heard? I know of no one and the Iraqi people are people so I assume most want those freedoms.

There are right wing politicians today who are propagating the idea that freedom in America is only for Christians, and there are people on this forum who subscribe to this belief.

You can say what you want, and worship as you wish, as long as you are a Christian, and maybe we'll let the Jews say and worshp as they wish. The Bill of Rights is only for who we say it is for. Everybody else, fuck you.

Such people actually think they stand for freedom. They don't. They are nazi wannabes. They are totalitarian assholes.

The people in Iraq, like many people in the Middle East, think "freedom" is just for Sunnis or just for Shiites, depending in which mosque they themselves are.

See how that works?

Last edited:

He deserves credit for his honesty.

I'm sure he knew this would piss off a lot of conservatives.

Credit where credit is due, good for him. We could use more honesty.

ummm..... NEWSFLASH!!! Theres nothing noble in admitting your grievous mistake 10+ years AFTER you had the chance to do something about it :talktothehand: Repub-voter, logic lol

Sure. nothing noble about admitting and correcting mistakes. We should all just continue to pretend we are all perfect people and never make mistakes. That will help us learn and become better people.

The only thing that matters to you is that you hate Obama thus you are blinded by that deep hatred.

But that's just it. I don't hate Obama. I pray for him frequently. I want him to be wise and decent, but he simply isn't. He keeps adopting policies that hurt this people.

I just see no reason why Obama escapes any responsibility for what's going on in Iraq and the Middle East when he has been in charge for the past 6 years. It would be one thing if this was three months into his first term. But it's not. We are almost half way through his second term.

Would this be happening if Obama hadn't released the leader of ISIS?

Would this be happy if he wasn't smuggling guns to Al Qaeda in Libya and Syria?

Would this be happy if he hadn't completely destabilized Egypt, Libya, and Syria?

Who the heck could have predicted such gross incompetence in foreign policy?

But yeah I just hate the man despite not hating him at all. And all my "hate" is keeping me blind to the fact that he is completely innocent of any responsibility in what's going on in the world.

Maybe the problem is within you - not Obama...

You just revealed yourself as the r-wing partisan hack that you naturally are. You are a moron and an idiot and a fraud! :cuckoo:

Idiots are destroying the GOP!

You guys have been saying that for years.

Again, you guys who are destroying MY party try to lump me in with the liberals.

What has the GOP accomplished lately that makes you proud to be a conservative? Are you proud, that after 6 years, the GOP *might* take control of Congress - and I stress might as the teapers will probably fuck that up too. Are you proud that the Presidential front runner for 2016 is a fucking canadian?

You guys have already DESTROYED the GOP. It will never be the same. Radical racists and anti-Government loons have transformed the GOP. The attitude of extremism or nothing has doomed the GOP to either cave in to the radical right or to move closer to the left of center.

But again, what has the GOP accomplished? How is it NOT destroyed already?

Who in the human condition doesn't want to be free? Who in the human condition doesn't want to be heard? I know of no one and the Iraqi people are people so I assume most want those freedoms.

There are right wing politicians today who are propagating the idea that freedom in America is only for Christians, and there are people on this forum who subscribe to this belief.

You can say what you want, and worship as you wish, as long as you are a Christian, and maybe we'll let the Jews say and worshp as they wish. The Bill of Rights is only for who we say it is for. Everybody else, fuck you.

Such people actually think they stand for freedom. They don't. They are nazi wannabes. They are totalitarian assholes.

The people in Iraq, like many people in the Middle East, think "freedom" is just for Sunnis or just for Shiites, depending in which mosque they themselves are.

See how that works?

I think all people want to be free. I just don't think we all have the fortitude to do what is necessary to be free.

ummm..... NEWSFLASH!!! Theres nothing noble in admitting your grievous mistake 10+ years AFTER you had the chance to do something about it :talktothehand: Repub-voter, logic lol

It is a sign of great integrity to admit when one is wrong.

It is probably of little comfort to the dead and their families to hear a confession of such a great wrong, but it still needs to be said.

Countries are made of people, and people are not perfect. Therefore, our country's history contains some pretty deep stains.

There are some people who define our country soley by its stains. Those people suck ass.

There are some people who acknowledge our mistakes and learn from them and go on to make our country even greater than it already is.

The only thing that matters to you is that you hate Obama thus you are blinded by that deep hatred.

But that's just it. I don't hate Obama. I pray for him frequently. I want him to be wise and decent, but he simply isn't. He keeps adopting policies that hurt this people.

I just see no reason why Obama escapes any responsibility for what's going on in Iraq and the Middle East when he has been in charge for the past 6 years. It would be one thing if this was three months into his first term. But it's not. We are almost half way through his second term.

Would this be happy if he hadn't completely destabilized Egypt, Libya, and Syria?

But yeah I just hate the man despite not hating him at all. And all my "hate" is keeping me blind to the fact that he is completely innocent of any responsibility in what's going on in the world.

I think the state of the world shows otherwise.

I guess he is praying to the wrong god...or he isn't wearing his magic underwear.

See how that works?

I think all people want to be free. I just don't think we all have the fortitude to do what is necessary to be free.

I think a lot of people have no idea what freedom really is. That ignorance leads them to say unbelievable things like "Waterboarding is not torture" and that the Bill of Rights only applies to Christians.

Last edited:
Beck drank the Bush Kool-Aid - as did most righties. Now he's sorry - after so much wasted blood and treasure. The same deranged misfits who created this mess now want to offer advice on how to correct it. No thanks, assholes!

See how that works?

Isn't this a little like blaming it on the victims?

Did you know that Obama is arming Iraq, too? WTF, right?
U.S. sending missiles, drones to help Iraq government fight al Qaeda - CNN.com

More weapons and even some drones that will probably end up in some Muslim's hands. Oh no! The US sells more weaponry around the world than the next three largest arms-dealing nations combined. Don't be surprised when a few million pieces of those weapons end up in the hands of people who you don't want them to. Look at so many random mass shootings in the US. Someone bought a gun legally, someone else took it and killed a bunch of people.

The system works, right? We have to buy more guns to protect ourselves from all of those crazy people out there with guns, right? Because freedom.

Right, a poster on an Internet blog is the problem and not the POTUS, wow.

Idiots are destroying the GOP!

You guys have been saying that for years.

Again, you guys who are destroying MY party try to lump me in with the liberals.

What has the GOP accomplished lately that makes you proud to be a conservative? Are you proud, that after 6 years, the GOP *might* take control of Congress - and I stress might as the teapers will probably fuck that up too. Are you proud that the Presidential front runner for 2016 is a fucking canadian?

You guys have already DESTROYED the GOP. It will never be the same. Radical racists and anti-Government loons have transformed the GOP. The attitude of extremism or nothing has doomed the GOP to either cave in to the radical right or to move closer to the left of center.

But again, what has the GOP accomplished? How is it NOT destroyed already?

I am very happy with Cruz at the moment. I am happy that some are beginning to fight. I am annoyed with the leadership that keeps selling us out though. I am happy that there are some who are willing to fight for what's right despite the other half of the party selling us out.

I don't think it's extreme to uphold and defend the Constitution. I don't think it's extreme to expect our government to curb it's spending and to stop burdening the people with extremely high taxes. I don't think it's extreme to expect people to be honest and decent in government. Or to admit mistakes and correct them.

If you think it is, than I would argue that you are the extremist.

Oh, so that's why 30 Democrats in the Senate voted to go to war in Iraq!

Including all the ones that ran for party nomination in 2004...and Hillary. For the record I was opposed to the war from beginning for exact reason of whats happening now in Iraq. Afghanistan was fine, a terrorist attack was launched from there...but Iraq was a war of choice and a poorly thought out plan.
Like it or not? W would have had to address Iraq sooner or later and with the same result. Saddam wasn't as liked in the Arab world as most think.

All we did by going in during Bush was hasten what's going on now.

all we did was hasten civil war in Iraq... that's brilliant. Now only if the ragheads would have killed each other off hundreds of years ago our politicians would be guilt free.

It is a sign of great integrity to admit when one is wrong.

It is probably of little comfort to the dead and their families to hear a confession of such a great wrong, but it still needs to be said.

Countries are made of people, and people are not perfect. Therefore, our country's history contains some pretty deep stains.

There are some people who define our country soley by its stains. Those people suck ass.

There are some people who acknowledge our mistakes and learn from them and go on to make our country even greater than it already is.

Well said.

Beck just lost a fan.

It is easy to be the Quarterback after the game. The only objective of the war was not to nation build. It was not to "force" democracy onto the Iraqis. Who in the human condition doesn't want to be free? Who in the human condition doesn't want to be heard? I know of no one and the Iraqi people are people so I assume most want those freedoms. Unless I am mistaken there are two sides in the civil war going on, the ones that are for freedom and the ones who want to take it away and Beck is OK with that, BS.

The Iraq war was not a failure all objectives were met. We stayed, and now the Iraqi people have to decide what THEY want. Are they willing to fight for the freedom that all men want? No they are not dogs as Beck implies they are people and people want to live free. It is the tyrants that want to take away their freedom.

Iraqi Kurd Woman Thanks President Bush - YouTube

The situation now in Iraq is not as simple as you make it out to be in your mind. It's now a total mess that Bush created with his stupid and ignorant attack on Saddam and Iraq. Bush was warned but he didn't give a damn and now it's the Iraqi people who are going to pay dearly for that idiot Bush's grave mistake.

Sad thing is, i think the main reason Iraq became a failure is because Obama took over. I could be wrong. But maybe the lesson is we can't do these type of things because the next guy in power might be completely incompetent.

some history

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L64WSPZ5mNk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L64WSPZ5mNk[/ame]

Forum List

Back