Glenn Beck: ‘Liberals, you were right’ on the war in Iraq

Sad thing is, i think the main reason Iraq became a failure is because Obama took over. I could be wrong. But maybe the lesson is we can't do these type of things because the next guy in power might be completely incompetent.

Yeah, because there was a chance in Hell that Bush could win, right? And if ONLY another Republican had won the election then Iraq would be all flowers and Wal-Marts by now, right?

You people are delusional. There was never going to be any military victory in Iraq. George W. Bush had dreams when he was a little boy in college about being the Grand Commander of the US military, standing triumphantly on the deck of a super-nuclear deathcraft carrier, spewing out MISSION ACCOMPLISHED hero speeches in front of a giant American flag as the world sucked him off for a job well done, all to gain the approval of his psychotic father.

George W. Bush lied to the world to achieve that dream, and now he's in hiding in his mansion, protected by taxpayer dollars and party loyalty because the civilized world wants him to die old and alone in prison for what he did.

Sure, Obama had nothing to do with it. He's only been running things for 6 years. He only had the leader of ISIS released from US custody.

But yeah Bush lied. Nevermind that over a decade has passed without a single documented lie being produced.

Sad thing is, i think the main reason Iraq became a failure is because Obama took over. I could be wrong. But maybe the lesson is we can't do these type of things because the next guy in power might be completely incompetent.

You just revealed yourself as the r-wing partisan hack that you naturally are. You are a moron and an idiot and a fraud! :cuckoo:

First, I've never denied I lean to the right.

Second, where have i lied about anything? there has to be a lie if I am a fraud.

Third, where is my analysis of Obama's blundering wrong?

Was Bush perfect? No. Hindsight being what it is, we probably shouldn't have gone in. Who the hell knew Obama would be elected and be so incompetent?

Could we have won in Iraq? possibly. We might have lost too. But we definitely lose when our current leadership doesn't have the will to act competently.

So many were against the Iraq war in 2003, not because they believed in their case, but because of political motivations.

Wow you read minds. Or you're just trying to downplay that liberals were right the entire time.

Too bad

Beck just lost a fan.

It is easy to be the Quarterback after the game. The only objective of the war was not to nation build. It was not to "force" democracy onto the Iraqis. Who in the human condition doesn't want to be free? Who in the human condition doesn't want to be heard? I know of no one and the Iraqi people are people so I assume most want those freedoms. Unless I am mistaken there are two sides in the civil war going on, the ones that are for freedom and the ones who want to take it away and Beck is OK with that, BS.

The Iraq war was not a failure all objectives were met. We stayed, and now the Iraqi people have to decide what THEY want. Are they willing to fight for the freedom that all men want? No they are not dogs as Beck implies they are people and people want to live free. It is the tyrants that want to take away their freedom.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWHnIm-3d4Y]Iraqi Kurd Woman Thanks President Bush - YouTube[/ame]

You just revealed yourself as the r-wing partisan hack that you naturally are. You are a moron and an idiot and a fraud! :cuckoo:

Idiots are destroying the GOP!

Dear Mr. Beck:

What part of all these Democrats agreeing to the Iraq invasion did you miss?

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

yours sincerely,
tinydancer

The OP link has a link to Beck's transcript. Read it.

Beck:
There were also atrocities that were happening in Iraq torture chambers, mass graves. At the time, the unanimous belief – even with Hillary Clinton and everybody else – was that he had weapon of mass destruction. There was also the element – and this is really what spoke to me – of bringing freedom to the people of Iraq for the first time in their long history.

Oh, so that's why 30 Democrats in the Senate voted to go to war in Iraq!

Including all the ones that ran for party nomination in 2004...and Hillary. For the record I was opposed to the war from beginning for exact reason of whats happening now in Iraq. Afghanistan was fine, a terrorist attack was launched from there...but Iraq was a war of choice and a poorly thought out plan.
Like it or not? W would have had to address Iraq sooner or later and with the same result. Saddam wasn't as liked in the Arab world as most think.

All we did by going in during Bush was hasten what's going on now.

We didn't have to go in at all. Would Saddam have fallen as part of Arab Spring? We will never know, but ones things for sure, we would not have lost lives and borrowed billions from our enemy China to practice regime change in Iraq. Personally I think Saddam would of survived a fundamentalist uprising. He and fellow Baathist Assad in Syria would of gave the Islamist militia groups a one-two punch and eliminated them. Toppling Saddam created chaos... where before there was order.

Yeah, because there was a chance in Hell that Bush could win, right? And if ONLY another Republican had won the election then Iraq would be all flowers and Wal-Marts by now, right?

You people are delusional. There was never going to be any military victory in Iraq. George W. Bush had dreams when he was a little boy in college about being the Grand Commander of the US military, standing triumphantly on the deck of a super-nuclear deathcraft carrier, spewing out MISSION ACCOMPLISHED hero speeches in front of a giant American flag as the world sucked him off for a job well done, all to gain the approval of his psychotic father.

George W. Bush lied to the world to achieve that dream, and now he's in hiding in his mansion, protected by taxpayer dollars and party loyalty because the civilized world wants him to die old and alone in prison for what he did.

Sure, Obama had nothing to do with it. He's only been running things for 6 years. He only had the leader of ISIS released from US custody.

But yeah Bush lied. Nevermind that over a decade has passed without a single documented lie being produced.

The only thing that matters to you is that you hate Obama thus you are blinded by that deep hatred.

Idiots ARE the GOP!!!

He deserves credit for his honesty.

I'm sure he knew this would piss off a lot of conservatives.

Credit where credit is due, good for him. We could use more honesty.

ummm..... NEWSFLASH!!! Theres nothing noble in admitting your grievous mistake 10+ years AFTER you had the chance to do something about it :talktothehand: Repub-voter, logic lol

Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes. You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.

Now, if you believed those things, let me say: You were right. If you were just using it for political purposes, well, we don’t have anything in common, But if you really believe those things, I would like to have a conversation with you now to find out exactly how you came to terms with that – especially being a progressive. If you know the history of the progressive movement, it was Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson that started imposing democracy in South America. The reason why South America is just loaded with communists is because we put a lot of them in. That’s the progressive ideal.

But I agree with you: You cannot force democracy on the Iraqis or anybody else. It doesn’t work. They don’t understand it or even really want it. They may be too immersed in their own belief of Sharia Law to embrace liberty or at least at this time. If people vote for Sharia Law, they vote for Sharia Law. We tried. What can we do? We have lost thousands of American lives. We have lost thousands of lives on the Iraqi side and tens of thousands have been wounded. We have spent $2 trillion – say that again – $2 trillion, and upwards of 200,000 Iraqi citizens, aid workers, insurgents have been killed. That’s the conservative number. Liberals will tell you it’s almost 1 million people. I don’t know what the number is, but after all of that, hundreds of thousands of lives, $2 trillion, the best minds in the world trying to do it, it’s about to fall apart.

Terrorists of the most radical kind – maybe the most radical we have witnessed since Nazis – are now poised to overrun the capitol city. All of our effort, all our sacrifices, all of it is gone. $1 billion embassy, which I contend, I have nothing to back it up except my gut, that’s not an embassy. It is a listening station. There’s something wrong with that embassy. You don’t build something that big in Baghdad. How many of us are going, ‘I’m going to vacation in Baghdad. Hope they have a nice embassy’? What do we have it there for? Why is it that big? Something is wrong with that.

But, anyway, all of that is gone. And yet, this is something I think that we can come together with, on the right and the left. And it’s this – I have more of a chance of hacking off my loyal listeners and audience by saying this, but so be it: Not one more life. Not one more life. Not one more dollar, not one more airplane, not one more bullet, not one more Marine, not one more arm or leg or eye. Not one more.

The people of Iraq have got to work this out themselves. Our days of being the world’s policemen, our days of interventionists is over. If we are directly attacked, so be it. But this must end now.

Enough is enough: Bring them home, period.

You guys have been saying that for years.

Iraq was lost when Bush invaded. It didn't matter who took over after Bush. Iraq was lost when Bush invaded.

Not a single documented lie being produced? Except for, yet again, the National Security Archive:

Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein
Iraq and Weapons of Mass Destruction
U.S. Intelligence and Iraq WMD
The Record on CURVEBALL
http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB326/IraqWarPart1-Timeline.pdf
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART I:*The U.S. Prepares for Conflict, 2001
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART II: Was There Even a Decision?
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART III: Shaping the Debate
The Torture Archive

Afghanistan: Lessons from the Last War

Is it too much for you to just click on those links and read the Bush administration's own declassified documents which prove the lies that caused the Iraq war?

Will it shatter your feeble ego to have to face reality? Don't talk. Just read.

Last edited:
Beck just lost a fan.

"It is easy to be the Quarterback after the game. The only objective of the war was not to nation build. It was not to "force" democracy onto the Iraqis. Who in the human condition doesn't want to be free? Who in the human condition doesn't want to be heard? I know of no one and the Iraqi people are people so I assume most want those freedoms. Unless I am mistaken there are two sides in the civil war going on, the ones that are for freedom and the ones who want to take it away and Beck is OK with that, BS.

The Iraq war was not a failure all objectives were met. We stayed, and now the Iraqi people have to decide what THEY want. Are they willing to fight for the freedom that all men want? No they are not dogs as Beck implies they are people and people want to live free. It is the tyrants that want to take away their freedom."

The world is not that black and white. Iraq is a very complex mixture of tribes and families. Bush had an Iraqtion when he was governor of Texas. True military title for invasion should have been "Operation You Tried to Kill My Daddy."

Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes. You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.

Now, if you believed those things, let me say: You were right. If you were just using it for political purposes, well, we don’t have anything in common, But if you really believe those things, I would like to have a conversation with you now to find out exactly how you came to terms with that – especially being a progressive. If you know the history of the progressive movement, it was Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson that started imposing democracy in South America. The reason why South America is just loaded with communists is because we put a lot of them in. That’s the progressive ideal.

But I agree with you: You cannot force democracy on the Iraqis or anybody else. It doesn’t work. They don’t understand it or even really want it. They may be too immersed in their own belief of Sharia Law to embrace liberty or at least at this time. If people vote for Sharia Law, they vote for Sharia Law. We tried. What can we do? We have lost thousands of American lives. We have lost thousands of lives on the Iraqi side and tens of thousands have been wounded. We have spent $2 trillion – say that again – $2 trillion, and upwards of 200,000 Iraqi citizens, aid workers, insurgents have been killed. That’s the conservative number. Liberals will tell you it’s almost 1 million people. I don’t know what the number is, but after all of that, hundreds of thousands of lives, $2 trillion, the best minds in the world trying to do it, it’s about to fall apart.

Terrorists of the most radical kind – maybe the most radical we have witnessed since Nazis – are now poised to overrun the capitol city. All of our effort, all our sacrifices, all of it is gone. $1 billion embassy, which I contend, I have nothing to back it up except my gut, that’s not an embassy. It is a listening station. There’s something wrong with that embassy. You don’t build something that big in Baghdad. How many of us are going, ‘I’m going to vacation in Baghdad. Hope they have a nice embassy’? What do we have it there for? Why is it that big? Something is wrong with that.

But, anyway, all of that is gone. And yet, this is something I think that we can come together with, on the right and the left. And it’s this – I have more of a chance of hacking off my loyal listeners and audience by saying this, but so be it: Not one more life. Not one more life. Not one more dollar, not one more airplane, not one more bullet, not one more Marine, not one more arm or leg or eye. Not one more.

The people of Iraq have got to work this out themselves. Our days of being the world’s policemen, our days of interventionists is over. If we are directly attacked, so be it. But this must end now.

Enough is enough: Bring them home, period.

Thanks for posting the truth of what he said and why.

The only thing that matters to you is that you hate Obama thus you are blinded by that deep hatred.

But that's just it. I don't hate Obama. I pray for him frequently. I want him to be wise and decent, but he simply isn't. He keeps adopting policies that hurt this people.

I just see no reason why Obama escapes any responsibility for what's going on in Iraq and the Middle East when he has been in charge for the past 6 years. It would be one thing if this was three months into his first term. But it's not. We are almost half way through his second term.

Would this be happening if Obama hadn't released the leader of ISIS?

Would this be happy if he wasn't smuggling guns to Al Qaeda in Libya and Syria?

Would this be happy if he hadn't completely destabilized Egypt, Libya, and Syria?

Who the heck could have predicted such gross incompetence in foreign policy?

But yeah I just hate the man despite not hating him at all. And all my "hate" is keeping me blind to the fact that he is completely innocent of any responsibility in what's going on in the world.

Forum List

Back