Glen Becks ratings fall off a cliff

Again RW, think outside of the box. The number of votes a candidate gets does not necessarily mean that the candidate that wins is the one that most of the voters wanted.

That is because republicans selected him in a landslide in the primaries. He had it wrapped up by super Tuesday in February
If McCain wasn't the best available Republican...who was?
Actually, no, the Republicans didn't select him. He was elected because of open primaries where non-Republicans voted in overwhelming numbers for him to the point where it became obvious that there would not be a clear victory at the convention if everyone remained. At that point all his opponents dropped out.
As for who was better:
Romney
Thompson
Paul
Guiliani
In fact, the only person i can says that He was better than is Huckabee.
But then, you'll probably ignore all this and continue to pretend that McCain was the best there was or that the Republicans overwhelmingly supported him.

Internet posters may have but voters did not. How many delegates did they win? Combined, they did not win as many as McCain. Republican Voters decided McCain was the best candidate to represent them

Not even close

The Ruling Elite of the RNC decreed. The Media Herded, Spin it any way you want.

Internet posters may have but voters did not. How many delegates did they win? Combined, they did not win as many as McCain. Republican Voters decided McCain was the best candidate to represent them

Not even close

Actually the media selected McCain for the Repubes and they fell for it.

He sucked, and still does!

Again RW, think outside of the box. The number of votes a candidate gets does not necessarily mean that the candidate that wins is the one that most of the voters wanted.

Tell it to President Gore

Not even close

Really??

Who did Fox News support? Who did Limbaugh support?

Rudy G

Not even close

Really??

Rudy G

And what went down with Rudy? Let me know if you need a hint.

WTF, I can't control myself.

150px-KerikDetective.jpg

Not even close

Really??

Rudy G

The ONLY support McCain got from Limbaugh was when he was the ONLY candidate left you moron.

And who the fok do you think I was talking about when I said the media selected McCain?

Jeez... RW, I thought you were intelligent.

Not even close

Actually I think McCain is a basically a good man and he does have a few commendable principles that he will not violate and I have to respect that. He is mostly a fiscal conservative, but his views (and votes) on energy, immigration, tax structures, basic entitlements, etc. were too far left of center for him to be my choice for Presidency or any position of power.

Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, and numerous others gave it all they had to keep the GOP from voting McCain as the Presidential candidate but he was the darling of the mainstream media and the left. All it took was him manipulating a few votes in a few key primary states to ensure his major competition was defeated and he didn't have to win those primaries to prevail in the final tally.

It wouldn't be the first time the GOP has put up a lackluster, uninspiring candidate against a much more charismatic, appealing Democratic candidate. But that's what we did. Again.

Not even close

Actually I think McCain is a basically a good man and he does have a few commendable principles that he will not violate and I have to respect that. He is mostly a fiscal conservative, but his views (and votes) on energy, immigration, tax structures, basic entitlements, etc. were too far left of center for him to be my choice for Presidency or any position of power.

Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, and numerous others gave it all they had to keep the GOP from voting McCain as the Presidential candidate but he was the darling of the mainstream media and the left. All it took was him manipulating a few votes in a few key primary states to ensure his major competition was defeated and he didn't have to win those primaries to prevail in the final tally.

It wouldn't be the first time the GOP has put up a lackluster, uninspiring candidate against a much more charismatic, appealing Democratic candidate. But that's what we did. Again.

I agree with ya.

McCain was and is an American hero, but he makes a terrible politician IMO.

He deserves all the credit in the world for his service to this country, and I havent forgotten how he was a POW in Vietnam. I just dont like his politics.... he os too soft on the border for me.

I agree with ya.

He deserves all the credit in the world for his service to this country, and I havent forgotten how he was a POW in Vietnam. I just dont like his politics.... he os too soft on the border for me.

He wasn't much of a pilot .

I posted this October 10th, 2008...roughly a month before the election, and I think it sums up the opinion of a majority of Republicans at the time.
I consider myself to be right leaning, and John McCain turns my stomach.

While I wouldn't go quite that far, suffice it to say John McCain wasn't my first choice (or my second). I think I echo the sentiments of many Republicans when I say I'm not so much voting for John McCain as I am voting against Barack Obama.

Which pretty well sums up my 2000 and 2004 vote as well.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/60668-he-is-not-the-mccain-i-endorsed.html

I agree with ya.

He wasn't much of a pilot .

Ouch

:lol:

McCain was selected by a landslide at the GOP convention. Did you miss that part?

He had no opposition at the convention.

One thing you have to blame on the Republicans. Can't even blame that on Carter.

I did not vote for him in the primaries. However KY's primary is so late that it does not matter.
I think all primaries should be on the same day.

Have you seen the proposed primary rule changes? I think they have been adopted, but don't hold me to that.

The new rule, written after months of painstaking negotiations among senior members of the national committee, would push the beginning of the presidential nominating process back a month, to Feb., as part of a plan to prevent wealthy candidates from stealing the nomination.

GOP caucuses and primaries would be held that month in the 4 early states — the rule codifies IA, NH, SC and NV as states allowed to hold contests in a “pre-window.” Every other state would be allowed to hold their nominating contests on or after the first Tuesday in March.

But there’s an important caveat, members of the Temporary Delegate Selection Committee said: Any state that holds its nominating contest before the first day of April — that is, any state that rushes to front-load their nominating process — will have to award their delegates on a proportional basis.

That’s a dramatic change from previous party rules; many states awarded delegates on a winner-take-all basis, setting up key dates on which candidates could win big chunks of delegates and shut out their rivals. In ’08, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) won all of FL’s delegates, even though he won just 36% of the vote. Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani and Mike Huckabee won a combined 59% of the vote — and no delegates. Giuliani, who had viewed the state as a firewall, dropped out of the race that night.

RNC proposes key changes to 2012 presidential primaries Hot Air

Not even close

Which is precisely why we need to fix this bullcrap primary system. Non-Republicans should not be voting for Republican candidates.

Have you seen the proposed primary rule changes? I think they have been adopted, but don't hold me to that.

The new rule, written after months of painstaking negotiations among senior members of the national committee, would push the beginning of the presidential nominating process back a month, to Feb., as part of a plan to prevent wealthy candidates from stealing the nomination.

GOP caucuses and primaries would be held that month in the 4 early states — the rule codifies IA, NH, SC and NV as states allowed to hold contests in a “pre-window.” Every other state would be allowed to hold their nominating contests on or after the first Tuesday in March.

But there’s an important caveat, members of the Temporary Delegate Selection Committee said: Any state that holds its nominating contest before the first day of April — that is, any state that rushes to front-load their nominating process — will have to award their delegates on a proportional basis.

That’s a dramatic change from previous party rules; many states awarded delegates on a winner-take-all basis, setting up key dates on which candidates could win big chunks of delegates and shut out their rivals. In ’08, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) won all of FL’s delegates, even though he won just 36% of the vote. Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani and Mike Huckabee won a combined 59% of the vote — and no delegates. Giuliani, who had viewed the state as a firewall, dropped out of the race that night.

RNC proposes key changes to 2012 presidential primaries Hot Air

I think many of those rules have some potential. But I really am against this "open" primary bullcrap.

Forum List

Back