Glen Becks ratings fall off a cliff

Beck has gone to a format where you really have to watch every day, one show builds on another. I can't watch every day (listen really...on XM) so I don't go out of my way to listen anymore. O'Reilly I still go out of my way to listen to.

Sounds like a form of INDOCTRINATION

how do you indoctrinate people by telling them to look up the information for yourself?

Connect the dots. . .

Obama is a racist
China will take over new Zealand
Egypt is the first step in world anarchy

I better buy GOLD right now

Seems to me that Beck's ratings are holding up really well for his time slot. Nobody seems to be gaining on him. They're down a little bit from a couple of days ago, but I've been watching them ever since the leftwing blogs started chortling and celebrating his certain demise. Just not seeing the downturn anybody else is seeing:

Nielson ratings for yesterday:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...egypt-crisis-continues-to-drive-ratings/81423

I can't figure out why any self-respecting conservative (if there is such a thing) would want a bonafide charlatan/kook like Glenn Beck to be a leading figure in the world of conservatism. When a lunatic con artist poses as a serious messenger of the right, and his ratings are through the roof,

what does that say about the right?

he is not a leading figure, if you want to say entertainers are leaders of the party, then what about olberman, why would the left want him as a leader of your party?

what does that say about the left?

the left's whining about talk radio and talking heads on tv is really mind boggling....

McCain was selected by a landslide at the GOP convention. Did you miss that part?

He had no opposition at the convention.

That is because republicans selected him in a landslide in the primaries. He had it wrapped up by super Tuesday in February

If McCain wasn't the best available Republican...who was?

great, so then by your logic, reagan was the best president for his landslide wins

That is because republicans selected him in a landslide in the primaries. He had it wrapped up by super Tuesday in February

great, so then by your logic, reagan was the best president for his landslide wins

Reagan was the best available candidate in 1980. Bush was second and took the VP job

What other republicans were available?

McCain was selected by a landslide at the GOP convention. Did you miss that part?

Actually, no, the Republicans didn't select him. He was elected because of open primaries where non-Republicans voted in overwhelming numbers for him to the point where it became obvious that there would not be a clear victory at the convention if everyone remained. At that point all his opponents dropped out.

As for who was better:

Romney
Thompson
Paul
Guiliani

In fact, the only person i can says that He was better than is Huckabee.

But then, you'll probably ignore all this and continue to pretend that McCain was the best there was or that the Republicans overwhelmingly supported him.

Actually, no, the Republicans didn't select him. He was elected because of open primaries where non-Republicans voted in overwhelming numbers for him to the point where it became obvious that there would not be a clear victory at the convention if everyone remained. At that point all his opponents dropped out.
As for who was better:
Romney
Thompson
Paul
Guiliani
But then, you'll probably ignore all this and continue to pretend that McCain was the best there was or that the Republicans overwhelmingly supported him.

Internet posters may have but voters did not. How many delegates did they win? Combined, they did not win as many as McCain. Republican Voters decided McCain was the best candidate to represent them

Not even close

I just watched Beck show...it's been awhile...and let me tell ya, he was outstanding.

After reading this thread and then immediately watching the show, I understand more than ever why the left hates him and wants him off the air.

Two things that should be foremost in the minds of the reader of this thread...not once has any of Beck's detractors given a single example...only their talking points...and Beck is the first to say you should do your own research, not just take his word for it.

If I was on the left, I'd be afraid too...and make no mistake, that's what these Beck attack threads are...a manifestation of fear.

Beck makes a compelling fact based argument, using his opponents own word...just like we saw recently in the Obamacare decision in Florida...to puctuate the discussion and underscore his points.

But don't take my word for it, or Avatar's or Rightwinger's, watch for yourself and make your own decision.

I just watched Beck show...it's been awhile...and let me tell ya, he was outstanding.

After reading this thread and then immediately watching the show, I understand more than ever why the left hates him and wants him off the air.

Two things that should be foremost in the minds of the reader of this thread...not once has any of Beck's detractors given a single example...only their talking points...and Beck is the first to say you should do your own research, not just take his word for it.

If I was on the left, I'd be afraid too...and make no mistake, that's what these Beck attack threads are...a manifestation of fear.

Beck makes a compelling fact based argument, using his opponents own word...just like we saw recently in the Obamacare decision in Florida...to puctuate the discussion and underscore his points.

But don't take my word for it, or Avatar's or Rightwinger's, watch for yourself and make your own decision.

They won't I'm afraid. They buy into the politically correct doctrine that Beck is to be loathed, despised, ridiculed, hated.

I don't watch a lot of Beck because frankly at the hour he is on, I don't want to have to think that hard. He gets into such complicated and technical areas that you do have to pay really close attention to follow sometimes. I don't always agree with his conclusions, and every now and then find myself mentally yelling "No, no, no!! You're wrong!!!" but you have to look pretty hard to fault his research and scholarship.

He will make errors as will anybody who is on the radio for fifteen hours a week and on television for five plus numerous additional short appearances here and there. Of course those committed to dismiss or destroy him will focus on those few errors and totally ignore the hours and hours that he gets it right.

He is different from ALL the rest in that he is not current event driven as much as he is the teacher--the analyzer--the historian--and the alarm bell. He gets into areas and dares to say what none of the others will. And he is an equal opportunity critic--nobody, right, left, Republican, Democrat, Independent, or anything else avoids his criticism when he thinks it is warranted.

I personally think he is providing a valuable service. I never watch him that I don't learn something worth knowing or at the very least he sends me off to see if there is any validity to what he is saying. There almost always is.

As for who was better:
Romney
Thompson
Paul
Guiliani
Internet posters may have but voters did not. How many delegates did they win? Combined, they did not win as many as McCain. Republican Voters decided McCain was the best candidate to represent them
Not even close
Not true...the Missouri Republican Primary was nearly a three way tie.

But since Missouri was an all or nothing state, McCain's slight lead gave him all 55 delegates.

McCain 194,000 votes.

Huckabee 185,600 votes

Romney 172,300 votes

Paul 26,600 votes

Less than Paul's total seperated 1st from 3rd.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Republican_primary,_2008

Last edited:

I'm not a lefty, more so a guy who fits well into what Mainstreet thinks.
I also think that people who watch the propaganda cable news are wasting their brain power. I'm referring to MSNBC and Fox News.
Every once in a great while I flip over to one or sometimes both (to compare their talking points). All one gets is partisan view points and of course the standard crying and moaning about the "other side". And people fall for this BS!!! Unbelievable.
Personally, I respect Beck's ability to overcome addiction,,that's a very tough thing to overcome. I used to watch Beck when he was on CNN fairly consistently. I even agreed with him at times. But once he went over to Fox News, he opened his can of outrageousness. One has to admit, he fires up folks with his antics. I kinda think he's fun to watch with the sound off.
However, I think it's sad that many people take Beck for his word. The guy is an entrainer and he honestly admits to that. Now if people pulled in his declared mission to entertain and considered that within the context of his presentation, then that I'd respect. It's those who take him way too seriously, they are the ones I can't respect. I'm talking about the worshipers AND the haters.
That's my story and damn it, I'm sticking to it.

As for who was better:
Romney
Thompson
Paul
Guiliani
Not even close

But since Missouri was an all or nothing state, McCain's slight lead gave him all 55 delegates.

McCain 194,000 votes.

Huckabee 185,600 votes

Romney 172,300 votes

Paul 26,600 votes

Plus the flimflam conducted by the McCain campaign in some primaries to throw votes to another candidate to keep the front runner from winning and keep himself in the race. There is no way that McCain was the popular choice in 2008. He was just the shrewdest campaigner despite the fact that conservatives like me, spokespersons like Limbaugh and Hannity, and others wanted him just about the least of any candidate we could have put up.

As for who was better:
Romney
Thompson
Paul
Guiliani
Not even close

McCain 194,000 votes.

Huckabee 185,600 votes

Romney 172,300 votes

Paul 26,600 votes

Again....how many delegates did the win?

Huck and Romney pulled a few

Paul, Rudy G, Thompson got zilch

mcCain locked it up in February

Forum List

Back