Give a man a fish

please realise those types of laws are also to protect the very fish who need a functioning enviroment to spawn and make more fish for eating

If a man starves to death while hes learning to fish is that a good outcome?

If he had responsible parents, he learned to fish way before he had to feed himself. Oh, wait..... his parents have been eating free fish for years, and never attempted to learn how to catch one...

You've heard the saying, "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for life" or some other way of saying it.

President Obama and the left in this country are the ones who want to give a man a fish. The reason why is because once that man learns to fish, he will no longer be dependent on the government and the government will loose control of that man.

The left in this country has been working for a very long time making every citizen dependent on the government. It's the only way anyone on the left can get elected to office now. The regular citizen will vote for anybody on the left as long as they keep getting stuff and they don't care what else the left does to this country. As long as their belly is full, they don't care.

It's a shame really.

In the future please limit bitching and griping to things that have been said less than 1 million times.

Yawn... this is a tiresome comparison.

The fact is, most of us who work aren't working for ourselves, we are working to make someone else rich.

To use fish as an example, it would be like if you caught 10 fish, ate one, five of them go to guy who invested in your fishing boat, one goes to the government and the other two you maybe get to trade for other goods...

The problem is the plutocrat wants to take nine fish, then point at the government guy and say, "That guy wants half your fish!"

Actually, without the guy who invested in the boat, there would be no fish at all.

In actuality the investor keeps 1 fish, gives 2 to the government, sells 2 more to maintain and fuel the boat and passes out the remaining fish to the workers, who in turn, have to share 1/4 of their fish with the government. This works out pretty well until another government agency tells the investor that he can't take fish from some arbitrarily "protected" area, so now he looses 2 fish from his catch and has to spend one more on fuel to reach unprotected areas. Since he still has to pay maintenance and taxes, plus feed his family, the only place to make that up is to lay off 3 workers.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check (or any other free ride) and you'll have a Dem voter for life.

Actually thats not true at all. There are tons of brainwashed republicans on this site alone that receive government "free rides" and would never vote democrat.

Taught my kids to fish in a matter of hours...

Taught my kids to work to earn something in just about the same timeframe...

They certainly won't be screaming for months and years on end for someone to give them fish and asking for more fish because they keep popping out babies they could not afford

Yawn... this is a tiresome comparison.

The fact is, most of us who work aren't working for ourselves, we are working to make someone else rich.

To use fish as an example, it would be like if you caught 10 fish, ate one, five of them go to guy who invested in your fishing boat, one goes to the government and the other two you maybe get to trade for other goods...

The problem is the plutocrat wants to take nine fish, then point at the government guy and say, "That guy wants half your fish!"

Actually, without the guy who invested in the boat, there would be no fish at all.

In actuality the investor keeps 1 fish, gives 2 to the government, sells 2 more to maintain and fuel the boat and passes out the remaining fish to the workers, who in turn, have to share 1/4 of their fish with the government. This works out pretty well until another government agency tells the investor that he can't take fish from some arbitrarily "protected" area, so now he looses 2 fish from his catch and has to spend one more on fuel to reach unprotected areas. Since he still has to pay maintenance and taxes, plus feed his family, the only place to make that up is to lay off 3 workers.[/QUOTE

GREAT POST

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check (or any other free ride) and you'll have a Dem voter for life.

Actually thats not true at all. There are tons of brainwashed republicans on this site alone that receive government "free rides" and would never vote democrat.

There are always exceptions. But you know as well I do, who votes for the handouts. Look at the plight of every major city in this country, and who's running them. How have they changed in the last three decades?

You've heard the saying, "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for life" or some other way of saying it.

President Obama and the left in this country are the ones who want to give a man a fish. The reason why is because once that man learns to fish, he will no longer be dependent on the government and the government will loose control of that man.

The left in this country has been working for a very long time making every citizen dependent on the government. It's the only way anyone on the left can get elected to office now. The regular citizen will vote for anybody on the left as long as they keep getting stuff and they don't care what else the left does to this country. As long as their belly is full, they don't care.

It's a shame really.

I'd hardly recommend that anyone choose fishing as a career nowadays.

But to your point, the proverb is about the value of educational opportunity. Do you seriously want to argue that Republicans/conservatives are a better choice to provide the opportunity for an education,

especially for those not fortunate enough to have the means to afford it themselves,

than are the Democrats?

How? Conservatives want the 'market' to prevail in all matters economic, which translates into if you can afford an education, you get one, if not, too bad.

Last edited:

They certainly won't be screaming for months and years on end for someone to give them fish and asking for more fish because they keep popping out babies they could not afford

You really hate the poor huh

Dems are raised to be wards of the state. They're taught skill, their skills are just not useful

LOL.. wow.. is that the typical mindless Lib response, or what? Personal responsibility... a term the left just doesn't understand.

LOL.. wow.. is that the typical mindless Lib response, or what? Personal responsibility... a term the left just doesn't understand.

pretending that cutting off all aid to the poor will not result in people starving to death is insanity

Nope... I just refuse to be forced to take over their personal responsibilities for them... And I refuse to raise my kids to think that they don't have to work to take care of their personal responsibilities

Forum List

Back