Gingrich: Middle class unemployed are lazy!

We know that our economy is driven by consumers. Yet the Republicans tell us that those consumers don't deserve a break as much as the wealthy do. How can they sell this message? Coddle the rich and everything works out in the end?

Give the Middle Class a break, get credit into their hands and capital to spread around and the production engine will start up again.
Everyone who earned enough to have any income tax liability, myself included and I'm nowhere near "wealthy", got a rate reduction under Shrubbie's timid little tax cuts.

But don't let trifling little facts like that get in the way of your paycheck envy.

Gingrich said that???

Sweet.............somebody had to say it.

So? What? Should we make unemployment payments for 200 weeks???? How about 300??? What would make the k00ks happy???

So....unemployment should be paid into for 35 years but shoud never be able to be drawn back on? Are you serious?

It shouldn't exist to begin with.

Blather...the title of the thread is: 'Gingrich: Middle class unemployed are lazy!' And then you proceeded to say the same thing. You are not an 'independent', you spew the same vile right wing disdain for working families as the authoritarian scum bag Newt and today's far right GOP.

It seems to me that the person the original article discussed didn't belong to a "working" family. He seemed content on "not working" and taking what he felt he was "entitled" to.

You can lump me with the Republicans to your heart's desire. It's YOUR attitude that is driving Independents away from the Democratic party. Your "If you're not in lockstep with us, you are in lockstep with THEM" mantra will cost you this election season, and depending on whom the Republicans can come up with, likely the White House in two years. My fear is that because of your idiocy, someone like Palin or Gingrich WILL get elected. That's what happens when you try so hard to alienate everyone that doesn't idealize what you idealize. The Republicans have done it for years, and now the Democrats are the same way. Your attempts at trying to make me out to be a villain because I don't pity the most worthless scum in America won't work. I still think your ideals are fucked.

So....now the unemployed middle class are the "most worthless scum in America"? You should be Newt's running mate!!

Gingrich said that???

Sweet.............somebody had to say it.

So? What? Should we make unemployment payments for 200 weeks???? How about 300??? What would make the k00ks happy???

So....unemployment should be paid into for 35 years but shoud never be able to be drawn back on? Are you serious?

Ah, but just like SS and Medicare, it does, and we have all paid into it. We deserve to be able to draw from a system we have paid into our entire working lives, should corporate America choose to hire cheap labor overseas.....

Blather...the title of the thread is: 'Gingrich: Middle class unemployed are lazy!' And then you proceeded to say the same thing. You are not an 'independent', you spew the same vile right wing disdain for working families as the authoritarian scum bag Newt and today's far right GOP.

It seems to me that the person the original article discussed didn't belong to a "working" family. He seemed content on "not working" and taking what he felt he was "entitled" to.

You can lump me with the Republicans to your heart's desire. It's YOUR attitude that is driving Independents away from the Democratic party. Your "If you're not in lockstep with us, you are in lockstep with THEM" mantra will cost you this election season, and depending on whom the Republicans can come up with, likely the White House in two years. My fear is that because of your idiocy, someone like Palin or Gingrich WILL get elected. That's what happens when you try so hard to alienate everyone that doesn't idealize what you idealize. The Republicans have done it for years, and now the Democrats are the same way. Your attempts at trying to make me out to be a villain because I don't pity the most worthless scum in America won't work. I still think your ideals are fucked.

So....now the unemployed middle class are the "most worthless scum in America"? You should be Newt's running mate!!

People who milk the system and take out more than they have earned most certainly are scum. I have no pity on those people. Society is better off without them.

I'd never run with Newt. He's not financially responsible enough for my tastes, and I don't favor the religious aspects of the right.

Trust me, if I were running for office, I'd either be the most hated guy for being far too radical in financial responsibility ("You want to cut spending AND increase taxes, what?!"), or I'd be the most loved guy for making sense. Plus, if I were asked any questions on: homosexuality, religion, abortion, etc., I'd simply respond with, "I don't fucking care. Those are not political issues. Next question."

Yeah, I don't think I'd ever run for office.

Ah, but just like SS and Medicare, it does, and we have all paid into it. We deserve to be able to draw from a system we have paid into our entire working lives, should corporate America choose to hire cheap labor overseas.....

You realize there are people who draw unemployment because they were fired for poor performance or misbehavior on the job, right? The system was not designed for that, but it certainly allows it. I know a girl now who has been on unemployment throughout this entire debacle, all because she was fired for stealing money at a bank.

You realize there are people who draw unemployment because they were fired for poor performance or misbehavior on the job, right? The system was not designed for that, but it certainly allows it. I know a girl now who has been on unemployment throughout this entire debacle, all because she was fired for stealing money at a bank.

IF these miscreants are drawing unemployment after being fired for poor behavior, then that is the fault of their former employer. I refuse to pay any unemployment for people who are fired for bad behavior. Our lawyers get drawn in occasionally, but we have yet to lose a case.

We don't deserve anything. We are entitled to nothing in this life.

At some point we are going to have to accept that the current system of massive debt and spending is unsustainable and cut our losses.

Businesses wouldn't be hiring overseas if the costs of labor in this nation werent so artificially expensive because of government interference.

And Corporations aren't evil. You guys really need to learn that.

What happened is a generation of "greed". Or as I like to say, "Republican values".

In the 50's and 60's, when CEOs were making 30 times the average salary, they stayed with a company 30 years and "grew" that company. They poured money back into their "workers" because those workers would buy "stuff". We had a healthy capitalistic society.

Then came today's CEOs. They moved jobs to China for those low wages. They bumped up their own pay from 30 times as much to 3 hundred to 4 hundred times as much.

They only stay with a company a few years for a quick kill.

Only they fucked up. People here can't afford to buy even "cheap" goods.

And look at what is going on in China. They just had a major strike at an Apple/Hewlett Packard electronics plant where the 300,000 person plant had to "double" the salaries to 273 dollars A MONTH. Now those companies are seeing a 36% DECLINE in profits.

Republicans will say, "Oh those GREEDY Chinese. Doubling their salary to 273 dollars a month. What will they want next? Weekends? Vacation pay? Health Care?" Republicans will say, "Fucking Chinese, worse than those lazy unemployed whose jobs we moved overseas".

Last edited by a moderator:

We don't deserve anything. We are entitled to nothing in this life.

At some point we are going to have to accept that the current system of massive debt and spending is unsustainable and cut our losses.

Businesses wouldn't be hiring overseas if the costs of labor in this nation werent so artificially expensive because of government interference.

Corporations aren't evil. It's the Republicans who run them who are evil. And not just evil. But evil and greedy.

There are a lot of other reasons, as well...One of them being turnover.

I read somewhere that it costs employers something like $30,000 to hire and train a skilled employee for one that is lost. In areas like computer support, smart people figure out that they can make substantially more money being for-hire computer troubleshooter geeks, than continuing to man a phone bank for Dell or Microsoft. Therefore, hiring computer support people in India makes economic sense for more than just the pay scale.

But what do you expect from the intellectually lazy, who spout thier populist boilerplate babbling points rather than look at and deal with actual reality?

You don't really expect people to take that claim seriously do you? You obviously don't know anything about applying for UI. They contact your previous employer and let them know that you have applied, and give the employer an opportunity to contest the claim and ask that it be denied. Now you expect us to believe that an employer who fired someone for theft did NOT contest the payment of UI??? Or that UI overruled the employer and paid money out to the employee despite the proof from the employer of the theft?

Get real. The states have really tightened up in the last few years--even people who were fired for lesser infractions are being denied benefits.

What happened is a generation of "greed". Or as I like to say, "Republican values".

In the 50's and 60's, when CEOs were making 30 times the average salary, they stayed with a company 30 years and "grew" that company. They poured money back into their "workers" because those workers would buy "stuff". We had a healthy capitalistic society.

Then came today's CEOs. They moved jobs to China for those low wages. They bumped up their own pay from 30 times as much to 3 hundred to 4 hundred times as much.

And look at what is going on in China. They just had a major strike at an Apple/Hewlett Packard electronics plant where the 300,000 person plant had to "double" the salaries to 273 dollars A MONTH. Now those companies are seeing a 36% DECLINE in profits.

Republicans will say, "Oh those GREEDY Chinese. Doubling their salary to 273 dollars a month. What will they want next? Weekends? Vacation pay? Health Care?" Republicans will say, "Fucking Chinese, worse than those lazy unemployed whose jobs we moved overseas".

Yes, the Chinese people have become more demanding. They are starting to ask for benefits, and now many companies are moving on to Vietnam. These Communist countries are great havens for them to exploit the populace.

The most worthless scum in America??? Sorry, but that would be YOU. You fucking slime ball right wingers NEVER include a single penny of human capital in any of your solutions. For your solutions to work, human beings need to just evaporate...

It is what the Nazi's did...

The most worthless scum in America??? Sorry, but that would be YOU. You fucking slime ball right wingers NEVER include a single penny of human capital in any of your solutions. For your solutions to work, human beings need to just evaporate...

It is what the Nazi's did...

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Your ideal society coddles the weak and the pitiful, and gives them free rides on the backs of entrepreneurs and hard-working Americas. It is set to fail in the long run. The day has come when the system is paying out more than it is taking in. It's all going to collapse in your face, and I'll cry tears of laughter for those that weren't ready for it. I, again, have no pity for stupid people.

You don't really expect people to take that claim seriously do you? You obviously don't know anything about applying for UI. They contact your previous employer and let them know that you have applied, and give the employer an opportunity to contest the claim and ask that it be denied. Now you expect us to believe that an employer who fired someone for theft did NOT contest the payment of UI??? Or that UI overruled the employer and paid money out to the employee despite the proof from the employer of the theft?

Get real. The states have really tightened up in the last few years--even people who were fired for lesser infractions are being denied benefits.

Believe what you want. It's true.

There are a lot of other reasons, as well...One of them being turnover.

I read somewhere that it costs employers something like $30,000 to hire and train a skilled employee for one that is lost. In areas like computer support, smart people figure out that they can make substantially more money being for-hire computer troubleshooter geeks, than continuing to man a phone bank for Dell or Microsoft. Therefore, hiring computer support people in India makes economic sense for more than just the pay scale.

But what do you expect from the intellectually lazy, who spout thier populist boilerplate babbling points rather than look at and deal with actual reality?

Just curious. Do you consider yourself a "skilled employee"?

Assuming you have a job and assuming you say "yes", without being too specific, what are you "skilled" at?

Yes, the Chinese people have become more demanding. They are starting to ask for benefits, and now many companies are moving on to Vietnam. These Communist countries are great havens for them to exploit the populace.

Have you noticed that?

Republicans cry and whine about he "evils" of socialism and then move jobs to "socialist" countries. They "use" a system they hate and insist they want to end that system while at the same time, using that system and those people for "profit". I guess it's just an example of their "values".

Isn't that odd?

How did this become about me, dingleberry?

I mean other than the fact that you can't make any kind of cogent point.

I was just curious Rafael Nadal. You were talking about "skilled employees" but don't seem to know what one is. Untwist your panties. They musta got "bunched".

1045659511_f6078ae762.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back