Gingrich: Middle class unemployed are lazy!

dude, its not that the unemployed are lazy (although some of them love the taxpayer money), its that a lot of them are unemployable, meaning, they aren't qualified to do ANYTHING that would benefit society.
All-of-a-sudden, that's a negative??!!!!! :eusa_eh:

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

I love this argument. "I paid into it, I should be able to take it back!"

Wrong!

It's INSURANCE, it is not a retirement plan, and you are NOT paying in so that you can take back what you put in. That's Social Security, people. Unemployment is insurance. You pay a premium, and you get back a defined benefit. The whole reason the system works is because so many people pay into it and so few (theoretically) take from it. That's the same reason life insurance, car insurance, and a dozen other insurance policies work. If EVERYONE took back what they put into the system, there wouldn't be enough for everyone. So, to say that those of us that have never drawn unemployment are paying for someone else is absolutely true, for now. I pay my premium so that the current unemployed are able to receive their benefits. If I ever find myself unemployed, I would be the one taking my benefits. I would NOT take back what I paid in, but only what the government defines as my benefit.

Liberals are absolutely wrong on this issue. 100%. You do NOT get to take back what you paid into unemployment. You only get back what the law says is your benefit.

As for Gingrich, who cares? He's an imbecile.

dude, its not that the unemployed are lazy (although some of them love the taxpayer money), its that a lot of them are unemployable, meaning, they aren't qualified to do ANYTHING that would benefit society.

Hey right wing scum bag...there is currently ONE job available for every 5 people unemployed.

Translation for pea brains like you...there are NO jobs that would benefit society. Your beloved 'captains of industry', wealthy CEO's and corporate cartels you lick the asshole of have NO desire to employ Americans, when they can hire 3rd world slave labor.

Hey right wing scum bag...there is currently ONE job available for every 5 people unemployed.

Translation for pea brains like you...there are NO jobs that would benefit society. Your beloved 'captains of industry', wealthy CEO's and corporate cartels you lick the asshole of have NO desire to employ Americans, when they can hire 3rd world slave labor.

Yes, blame the rich for not hiring. Because if we tax them and force them out of business, then the poor can hire everyone!

Oh...wait.

Yes, blame the rich for not hiring. Because if we tax them and force them out of business, then the poor can hire everyone!

Oh...wait.

Hey Jon, keep licking their assholes. Maybe if you eat those little balls of toilet paper something will finally 'trickle down'...

If the rich want to hire 3rd world slave labor, then THEY should be forced to LIVE in the 3rd world country their slave wages support.

Clearly something (many things) have to be done.

Don't count on it though.

The PLAN to bankrupt this nation is too mature now to stop it.

Yeah, that's right I believe this is being done on purpose.

Both party's leadership cannot be as dumb as they seem.

You cannot on spend money like fools, cut taxes, fight expensive wars, send off industry to the third world and STILL think that's a formula for a solvent national economy.

And the above describes what combined BOTH PARTIES have been doing for the last 40 years, folks.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

Oh...wait.

Hey Jon, keep licking their assholes. Maybe if you eat those little balls of toilet paper something will finally 'trickle down'...

If the rich want to hire 3rd world slave labor, then THEY should be forced to LIVE in the 3rd world country their slave wages support.

s0n.....the economic sytem you advocate for has never worked in the history of the world!!! THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!! Clearly, you spend to much time blogging on far lefty websites and have missed the news over the past few years. Europe, China and the rest of the world are moving steadily towards a more free market system and away from statism. Why? Because trickle-up poverty economics doesnt work for the masses. Reagan's approach offerred opportunity for millions despite far, far too much government spending. In any society..........there are losers..........the lazy and worthless who care not to contribute to society. Fcukk them.....I fire a bunch of them every single month and have absoltuely ZERO regrets.....limpwristed liefties want the same standard of living for everybody. Another dynamic that has never happened in the history of the world

Suppy side is the way the world works.........even applied to human psychology!!!!

The problem only becomes when Washington gets ahold of enormous amounts of wasteful tax revenue!!

Last edited:
  • Thanks

Oh...wait.

Trust me, I get paid well by the rich folks. They're nice people, too. I have no problem defending their business acumen. See, that's the difference between you and me. I get ahead by realizing that entrepreneurship and financial responsibility are respectable qualities in all aspects of business (and life). You sit around throwing pity parties for those that couldn't figure it out. Sounds like your problem, not mine.

Clearly something (many things) have to be done.

Don't count on it though.

The PLAN to bankrupt this nation is too mature now to stop it.

Yeah, that's right I believe this is being done on purpose.

Both party's leadership cannot be as dumb as they seem.

You cannot on spend money like fools, cut taxes, fight expensive wars, send off industry to the third world and STILL think that's a formula for a solvent national economy.

And the above describes what combined BOTH PARTIES have been doing for the last 40 years, folks.

A-fucking-men!

The day that America figures out that NEITHER political party has their best interest at heart, the day we can begin fixing the problems that we allowed to be created. Until then, I'll just sit back and watch partisan idiots bicker over who cares about whom. The reality is neither party cares about any of you. Get over it already.

The unemployed do have a point. If you are making $400 a week through unemployment, and are offered a job at $8.00 an hour or $320 a week, what would you do? Suppose you did take the low paying job. You would have less time for a job search for a job in your field that pays substantially better, or at least matches unemployment, and if you are laid off again from this job, you would be receiving much less in future unemployment.

The unemployed do have a point. If you are making $400 a week through unemployment, and are offered a job at $8.00 an hour or $320 a week, what would you do? Suppose you did take the low paying job. You would have less time for a job search for a job in your field that pays substantially better, or at least matches unemployment, and if you are laid off again from this job, you would be receiving much less in future unemployment.

And to that I say: Gingrich has a point.

You just highlighted the flaw in the (if not all social) system(s). People would rather reap benefits of a government handout than work for their wages so long as the marginal benefit is immaterial.

Oh...wait.

Trust me, I get paid well by the rich folks. They're nice people, too. I have no problem defending their business acumen. See, that's the difference between you and me. I get ahead by realizing that entrepreneurship and financial responsibility are respectable qualities in all aspects of business (and life). You sit around throwing pity parties for those that couldn't figure it out. Sounds like your problem, not mine.

Bro.......your post is so spot on target its not real!!!!

Indeed, alot of liberal minds in this forum dont live in the real world like many of the conservatives in here. They are students........retired assholes who never amounted to dick and are thus miserable and angry at the world..........people in acedemia, the most makey-uppey world of all......people who prey on losers like union leaders who exploit the shit out of their zombie followers. They ave no concept of the Laffer Curve as applied to life.

I live in the real world..........I supervise apprximately 55 people. I go to great lengths to keep out the rift-raft assholes of society, but sometimes I get bamboozled and allow a few $3.00 bills to get a job. I fire their asses pretty quick. These are the fcukking lazy-ass good for nothings that society ends up paying for. This happens with milllions all over the country and the people who bust their asses end up paying for them???!!!!! FCUKK THAT!!!!

The lefties on this board have no clue about this dynamic and live in a world where philosophy reigns.

Pretzel logic at its best,stick with something you KNOW will end,rather than venture forth and move on with a new job.Life can be harsh,but the big bad world owes you NOTHING.

• Thanks

You just highlighted the flaw in the (if not all social) system(s). People would rather reap benefits of a government handout than work for their wages so long as the marginal benefit is immaterial.
No, it is not that they would rather do that. It is the only option that makes sense. Most of us are optimistic that things will improve if we keep trying. The man in the OP did finally find a job, but it would have been foolish to stop the effort because he took a job unrelated to his field, and paying less than what he made on unemployment. Most jobs don't let you have time off for the first six months (or more), so your opportunity to pursue other employment is limited. With the stiff competition out there and with the employers being much choosier, there are very few companies, if any, that will schedule an interview afterhours. And these days an interview can take several hours because they want six or eight company officials to meet with you.

If you haven't had to look for a job in the last year or two, you are probably not familiar with the hoops that employers make you jump through. I even applied for a receptionist job for which they had ten candidates come in to meet with eight managers of the company. What do you think the odds are of getting everyone to approve of you under those circumstances. And that paid $9.00 an hour!

Incidentally, I'm not getting unemployment, so don't feel I'm taking anything from you. I just get fed up with people who haven't had to go through this. And for an older person, it is that much worse.

Who cares about the GOP's "Big tent"?

We need to get out of this politics mentality and start looking at real solutions to problems.

I care. I quit the GOP after what the last administration and it's GOP led Congress did. I HOPED that having a Democrat take the White House would straighten them out. Gingrich is currently polling as the most likely GOP candidate for 2012 and what he says shows me he is clearly STILL out of touch with the middle class and that pisses me off.

What is/are those things?

Oh...wait.

Hey you little slime ball. I'll put my life's earning against your pennies any day. But this is not about you or me, it is about a middle class that is being dismantled. There are no good jobs being created. Even traditional good paying jobs are going to the lowest bidder. There is ONE job opening for every 5 unemployed Americans. If you are aware of 'business acumen', then you would be aware that is what's called a 'buyer's market'. Americans will be facing stiff competition lower wages and lower benefits.

A robust middle class is what defined America. It is what made us unique. You pea brains have no idea how a robust middle class was created, and no idea how it is being dismantled.

Come back when you have an education.

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Last edited:

No, it is not that they would rather do that. It is the only option that makes sense. Most of us are optimistic that things will improve if we keep trying. The man in the OP did finally find a job, but it would have been foolish to stop the effort because he took a job unrelated to his field, and paying less than what he made on unemployment. Most jobs don't let you have time off for the first six months (or more), so your opportunity to pursue other employment is limited. With the stiff competition out there and with the employers being much choosier, there are very few companies, if any, that will schedule an interview afterhours. And these days an interview can take several hours because they want six or eight company officials to meet with you.

If you haven't had to look for a job in the last year or two, you are probably not familiar with the hoops that employers make you jump through. I even applied for a receptionist job for which they had ten candidates come in to meet with eight managers of the company. What do you think the odds are of getting everyone to approve of you under those circumstances. And that paid $9.00 an hour!

Incidentally, I'm not getting unemployment, so don't feel I'm taking anything from you. I just get fed up with people who haven't had to go through this. And for an older person, it is that much worse.

Another pity party. Sounds rough. But, unfortunately, I don't take pity on people who choose to be unemployed. If you are offered a job, even if it's not in your field, even if it's not at your old salary, even if it makes your future job search more difficult, you take it. Don't turn down job offers and then cry that your benefits are running out. I simply don't care. You do realize that underemployment can also qualify one for benefits, right, which can sometimes extend the term of your benefits. That way, you can work, still draw some unemployment to make up for some of the lost income, and the benefit will last longer because you are taking out less each week. It happens all the time.

Furthermore, I have had to search for a job in the last two years. It was very competitive. I went on a few interviews, I met with a lot of people. I wasn't unemployed though. I was just looking for a step up from my old job (which was really an internship that turned into a long-term deal). I was ultimately successful. Why? Because I didn't bite the hands that feed, like many people in this thread seem to be willing to do. Again, their problem, not mine.

Forum List

Back