GI Found Guilty In Slaying Of 4 Iraqis

Discussion in 'Military' started by inquisitive, Feb 20, 2009.

1. inquisitive

inquisitive Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know this is such an inhumane thing to say, but part of me feels sorry for these Soldiers. Maybe it's b/c the strory lacks graphic detail and we don't know of everything that went down, but he does have a point. They see soo many things over there that most of us couldn't imagine, let alone on a daily basis. The human mind can only take so much. That is not an excuse, b/c there's thousands of others who didn't resort to killing for sport, but dang, you gotta wonder.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=6919478

2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    I'll just lay money down that not a single Iraqi is ever found guilty of killing an American soldier..

3. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    roe..read

"lone survivor"

it will more than open your eyes about the stress service men/women are under....

does that allow one to committ murder...no....there is no way to justify what he did...
    shooting men in the back of the head....it was murder plain and simple..would have been murder if he had done that here...does that change in iraq?

willow i hope you are wrong...i look to the day..the men who beheaded americans are captured and justice is done

4. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

You are right on that, but take some comfort in the fact that this trial, which I have been following since its inception, is more proof that we as Americans are different than so many other countries of the world.

Our military follows a code, and that code is to be upheld even under the most difficult of circumstances. That is why we are blessed with the most amazing fighting force in the world.

A crime was committed, and justice is handed down.

Even when confronting its own faults, our American military is an example to others.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769

will never happen strollingbones, never, there is no justice for Americans, ever.. that said,, all this conviction will do is make young men think twice before they sign up to serve.. and yep,, I read Lone Survivor. they are supposed to make a movie out of it,, heres hoping that asshole john fucking murtha read it,, but i doubt it

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  6. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769

Yep! I'm pretty damn proud of us,,

7. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    :clap2:

Its war ... DOH! If the soldiers are to fear imprisonment you are going to find less wanting to serve.

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    You know.. .I think this whole 'thanks' thing on here is ridiculous and redundant... but I had to give it to you on this post :clap2:

9. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    You obviously don't have a very high opinion of the US military. Thankfully, as you can read here, that isn't shared by others.

10. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    The entire circumstances with this case can only make us feel sad. Most all of us understand that those that serve are under tremendous pressure. But it does not give them the right to commit murder in this fashion, plain and simple.

What does bother me is that due to low enlistment, the military was forced to drop some of its standards for recruiting. When it comes to cases such as this, I wonder if the individuals involved would have qualified to join, or if they were some of the forced entries.