What A Bunch of Bastards

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
If this true, they need to be tarred and feathered and have the crap kicked out of them.

FORT BLISS, Texas – As soldiers stream home from Iraq and Afghanistan, the biggest charity inside the U.S. military has been stockpiling tens of millions of dollars meant to help put returning fighters back on their feet, an Associated Press investigation shows.

Between 2003 and 2007 — as many military families dealt with long war deployments and increased numbers of home foreclosures — Army Emergency Relief grew into a $345 million behemoth. During those years, the charity packed away $117 million into its own reserves while spending just $64 million on direct aid, according to an AP analysis of its tax records.

AP IMPACT: Army charity hoards millions

Er..if it's inside the military, I'm assuming they are vets.

Hey, isn't tarring and feathering a racial slur? How dare you!

Tax-exempt and legally separate from the military, AER projects a facade of independence but really operates under close Army control.

Not everyone in the military is a war vet.

I d remove them of their ranks and send them to Afghanistan or Iraq to the front lines, so they can experience on their own the reason why veterans deserve that money. And maybe, just maybe they could rehabilitate themselves this way. Just a thought.

If this true, they need to be tarred and feathered and have the crap kicked out of them.

FORT BLISS, Texas – As soldiers stream home from Iraq and Afghanistan, the biggest charity inside the U.S. military has been stockpiling tens of millions of dollars meant to help put returning fighters back on their feet, an Associated Press investigation shows.

Between 2003 and 2007 — as many military families dealt with long war deployments and increased numbers of home foreclosures — Army Emergency Relief grew into a $345 million behemoth. During those years, the charity packed away $117 million into its own reserves while spending just $64 million on direct aid, according to an AP analysis of its tax records.

AP IMPACT: Army charity hoards millions
i agree ray, this IS disgusting
if they have violated ANY laws, i hope they get the book thrown at them

Tax-exempt and legally separate from the military, AER projects a facade of independence but really operates under close Army control.

Not everyone in the military is a war vet.

Everyone who has served in the military while this nation is at war is a "war vet."

But I imagine that not everyone is a combat vet.

May not be official difference, but there is an unspoken one.

Forum List

Back