Getting rid of minority voters

To you liberals....again what is wrong with proving you're a citizen. It's not that hard. a photo ID is really easy to get. why do you oppose it so much?
Not where I live. I would have to go to a Drivers Licences office which is miles from where I live which means taking a bus and transferring. When I get there, I have to wait, and wait, and wait. If you can't afford to pay the fee, you have to apply for free id card which is another hassle. It takes most of day. If you work in a low paying job, it means taking off work, often without pay. The purpose of voter id laws are to keep people that would probably vote Democrat away from polls.

make an appointment.....my wife was in and out in a half hour and the place was packed.....

I took my neighbor's son to get his Drivers License and he also had an appointment. It took a little over an hour and that included him driving the car.

Can you do a financial transaction without an ID?
Can you buy beer without an ID?
Can you buy a gun without an ID?

I deposit money into the ATM without an ID and use my checkcard to get cash in the bank without an ID, just my PIN..

I buy beer without an ID, I'm 48. No one asks for ID.

I did use ID to buy my guns.

But what does that have to do with voter fraud?

1. Five will get you ten that you showed a picture ID to get your bank account so you could use the ATM.

2. OK

3. OK

2 out of 3 required picture ID. And, it would be 3 out of 3 if you were in your 20's.

When was the last time you drove your car or flew on an airplane without having or showing your picture ID?

The point is you can establish who you are to vote beyond a reasonable doubt if you look like your picture on the ID card.
No, the real point is whether you should be required to do so when voter fraud id is almost non-existent. Yet, valid voters are purge from the voter rolls by the thousands and election fraud has been committed that allow thousands of invalid votes to be cast.

That still doesn't solve the problem of having to take off work and ride buses to get there. The point is that requiring a photo id just makes it harder for poor people to vote. Just like the voter qualification laws in the Old South, the real purpose is too discourage voting by those who are likely to vote against you. In both cases the justification was to protect the integrity of the vote.

Are you saying that most minorities right now do not have a valid ID? Are you also saying that in the months until election, it will be difficult for them to find the time to get one? If they are working, they should have one. If they aren't working, then they have lots of time on their hands. No excuses.
Most voters including the poor and minorities have photo ids, but that's not the point. Passing legislation whose primary intent is to create obstacles to voting is wrong. Numbers are not the issue.

How did you determine the 'intent' of the legislation. The stated intent was to prevent voter fraud and abuse.

Please give us some "credible" proof of dead people actually voting. Remember, I said "credible" proof.

Don't hold your breath waiting for proof.

They don't have it and they don't care.

All they care about is getting rid of the black guy.

That's the same black guy who has created more than 4 million jobs, killed bin Laden and Ghadaffi and dozens of other a Quaeda leaders, deported more illegals than any other other prez, and is so damn conservative I could scream.

But, he's black and he works for the little guy and that's what matters.

STOOOPID rw's work for the one percent and don't do shit for the country and that's who they'll vote for.

jeeezus fucking krist, I'd love to slap some sense into them.

Are you sure that the states that have picture ID laws only require black people to have one? Who wudda thunk that!

How many other activities do we need a photo ID for but the Dems don't think that's racist?

Applying for an auto loan
Applying for a mortgage
Driver Registration
Buying Booze
Buying Cigarettes
Buying a car
Driving on and off military installations
Driving......period

Yes we need to get rid of the minority voters but those dead people seem to come alive every election year when the democrats feel threaten about losing a major election.

I recommend salt mixed with wolvesbayne and silver.

Please give us some "credible" proof of dead people actually voting. Remember, I said "credible" proof.

S.C. Officials to Investigate 900 Dead 'Voters' - Easley, SC Patch

http://www.scag.gov/pdf/voting.pdf

Lakhota's been Yo-Tuh-Hayed... Lakhotan for OWNED.

No one is suppressing anyone.

Requiring an ID to vote is a logical requirement....

If you're too fucking stupid to NOT have an ID than you're too fucking stupid to vote.....

Does my retired military ID count, proven liar?

Would HELP, but it does not prove citizenship since non-citizens can choose to serve.
Shouldn't need anything but your signature on election day. All this ID crap should be resolved when you register (once in your life)..

If all of the poll workers are handwriting experts, I totally agree. Otherwise...............

That's the same black guy who has created more than 4 million jobs, killed bin Laden and Ghadaffi and dozens of other a Quaeda leaders, deported more illegals than any other other prez, and is so damn conservative I could scream.

STOOOPID rw's work for the one percent and don't do shit for the country and that's who they'll vote for.

Are you sure that the states that have picture ID laws only require black people to have one? Who wudda thunk that!

How many other activities do we need a photo ID for but the Dems don't think that's racist?

Applying for a mortgage
Driver Registration
Buying Booze
Buying Cigarettes
Buying a car
Driving......period

So, you think most really poor people engage in these things? Maybe that's part of your problem.

Applying for a mortgage
Driver Registration
Buying Booze
Buying Cigarettes
Buying a car
Driving......period

So, you think most really poor people engage in these things? Maybe that's part of your problem.

Really poor people have cell phones dipshit.

They need an ID just to buy one. I know they engage in one or more of the activities I listed.

Applying for a mortgage
Driver Registration
Buying Booze
Buying Cigarettes
Buying a car
Driving......period

You losers are highly efficient excuse-making machines... just pumping them out by the truckload! Quit insulting poor people claiming they're too stupid to get FREE I.D.

I spoke with a sister today who was infuriated that the Dems are really claiming minorities are too broke and stupid to obtain ID in order to vote. Your excuses are getting tired, there is none... so give it up already.

Applying for a mortgage
Driver Registration
Buying Booze
Buying Cigarettes
Buying a car
Driving......period

They need an ID just to buy one. I know they engage in one or more of the activities I listed.

Who provided those cell phones? If you don't look underaged, you don't need ID to buy booze and cigarettes.

Who provided those cell phones? If you don't look underaged, you don't need ID to buy booze and cigarettes.

That's not true everywhere, kemosabe. Maybe on the rez it works that way, but not everywhere.

Not in this state......they card everyone now.

Applying for a mortgage
Driver Registration
Buying Booze
Buying Cigarettes
Buying a car
Driving......period

Damn, we are not only stopping black folks from voting, but from doing all of the above. That really is amazing.

And to register, you are now required to have a photo id that is even more restrictive than that required at the polls.

Really Flopster? MORE restrictive than the law that DEFINES who is eligible to vote?

Are you saying that the registrars should IGNORE THE LAW and not ask for proof of age, residency, citizenship and all the other requirements that MIGHT be in the LAW?
BTW: I personally believe all that ID needs to handled at registration.. NOT at the polling place. The only thing you should need at the polling place is your signature..

My problem is requiring a voter to show an approved photo id at the polls in order to vote. The voter has already proved their identify when they registered. Florida provides a procedure for a provisional ballot. Some states do not do this. Voters without a photo id are not allowed to even enter the polling place..

Odd --- but we're completely in agreement. The documentation should be done at Registration. Not on election day..

The real problem with election fraud is not voter id fraud, but rather the vote counting process and purging of valid voters from voter rolls. .

Now you're being silly.

Think about it. The death certificate for you is almost always issued in the same county office buildings that contain the registrar!

So less than 50 yards from the official nerve center of the Voter Rolls, the death certificate is printed and sits in perpetuity. There's no conspiracy -- just gross incompetence. FedEx, Netflix, and VISA would never have this problem. GOBermint is defocused from the basic tasks it needs to perform and has to have ad hoc, inefficient, and error-prone procedures for covering their own lack of administrative skills.

Same with vote counting counting. You DEMS got your panties in a wad about Bush v Gore and chucked some very good methods of vote RECORDING and counting for touch screens. I DESIGN touchscreens and do the basic physics for them. I tried to warn folks of the problems of operating without a paper back-up and the user experience.

You CANNOT have voter rolls that are NOT MAINTAINED. Don't expect that Government knows how to do this without errors, bad procedures and gross negligience. That's WHY DEMS can't figure this out.. They can't fathom the thought that it's incompetence in the institution that they WORSHIP that's the problem. So they blame the screw-up on partisanship...

Just QUIT WHINING and put this energy into getting folks DOCUMENTED!!!!

Last edited:

Applying for a mortgage
Driver Registration
Buying Booze
Buying Cigarettes
Buying a car
Driving......period

There are a couple more you forgot
Buy a fire arm
Buying ammo
Buying a fishing license
Opening a Checking account.
Applying for Medicare Medicaid, Social Security benefits
Getting a Job

As the old saying goes: Different strokes for different folks. And having said that, let me opine that different folk can and should learn from different folks.

In Canada there are no set Election days, federal elections are at the whim of the Prime Minister or at the whim of a dissatisfied minority party in Parliament. --- Chalk one up for the United States.

Federal elections, after being called by the Prime Minister, occur within no more than three months after being called. --- Chalk a BIG one up for Canada.

In Canada voters are not registered by party affiliation. Once the election is announced, volunteers visit every house hold ans "enumerate" the residents of that household and if they are satisfied with the documentation proving citizenship, the enumerators advise the voters about the times and locations where they can cast their vote and the voters' names go on a list which will be used to verify the voter's identity an eligibility at the polling place. --- Chalk up another BIB BIG one for Canada.

The voter, then will receive a piece of paper, listing the names of all candidates and their party affiliation. Pencils are provided to voters to indicate their choice. Just like walking beats driving, sometimes, this down-to-earth method beats fancy computer-driven voting machines. --- Chalk one up for Canada.

Canada has time zones similar to America. Polling stations open and close everywhere, uniformly, rather than governed by local varieties. --- Chalk one up for Canada, if for no other reason than the fiasco that was caused in 2000 by the fact that Florida had two different time zones.

Canadian media does not report election results until ALL polling stations from coast to coast are closed. --- Chalk one up for Canada.

The above-mentioned volunteers manually and carefully count and tabulate the above-mentioned manual, pencil-marked voting slips. By midnight, Pacific Time Zone the full election results are known and televised.

As the old saying goes: Different strokes for different folks. And having said that, let me opine that different folk can and should learn from different folks.

In Canada there are no set Election days, federal elections are at the whim of the Prime Minister or at the whim of a dissatisfied minority party in Parliament. --- Chalk one up for the United States.

Federal elections, after being called by the Prime Minister, occur within no more than three months after being called. --- Chalk a BIG one up for Canada.

In Canada voters are not registered by party affiliation. Once the election is announced, volunteers visit every house hold ans "enumerate" the residents of that household and if they are satisfied with the documentation proving citizenship, the enumerators advise the voters about the times and locations where they can cast their vote and the voters' names go on a list which will be used to verify the voter's identity an eligibility at the polling place. --- Chalk up another BIB BIG one for Canada.

The voter, then will receive a piece of paper, listing the names of all candidates and their party affiliation. Pencils are provided to voters to indicate their choice. Just like walking beats driving, sometimes, this down-to-earth method beats fancy computer-driven voting machines. --- Chalk one up for Canada.

Canada has time zones similar to America. Polling stations open and close everywhere, uniformly, rather than governed by local varieties. --- Chalk one up for Canada, if for no other reason than the fiasco that was caused in 2000 by the fact that Florida had two different time zones.

Canadian media does not report election results until ALL polling stations from coast to coast are closed. --- Chalk one up for Canada.

The above-mentioned volunteers manually and carefully count and tabulate the above-mentioned manual, pencil-marked voting slips. By midnight, Pacific Time Zone the full election results are known and televised.

Once the election is announced, volunteers visit every house hold ans "enumerate" the residents of that household and if they are satisfied with the documentation proving citizenship,

i live in a State that has more people than Canada.....lets see you do this with 300 million + people.....

Once the election is announced, volunteers visit every house hold ans "enumerate" the residents of that household and if they are satisfied with the documentation proving citizenship,

i live in a State that has more people than Canada.....lets see you do this with 300 million + people.....

More people, more volunteers. Yes, it could be done.

Forum List

Back