Getting into trouble

IceMan30

Sep 24, 2016
What the cops said, was that I wasn't a cop, The cop was just a family friend.

And what they said that he did wrong was to have somebody who wasn't a cop and who was under 21 with him performing his duties with him.

The other thing that the cops said that we did wrong, was three things.

One, Unfortunately, what I said to the suspect is a concept, a quirk in the law that makes it remotely possible to be charged for what your kid did, but its riding on very thin ice.
It works by "guilt by association".
He could easily be acquitted for it because its hard to prove, and according to the culture of American justice, that's a very slippery slope toward dictatorship.

The second thing is, I wasn't authorized (legally) to arrest him, or interrogate him.

And number three.... The way that I interrogated him, is reminiscent of how upper class, college educated, white suburbanites and worse, westernized foreigners who are NOT American at all, see the world... I ceased to be his socioeconomic peers, his social equal, when I interrogated him on those concepts in that way.

That's what the cops said about it.

sounds to me that the very insightful man is saying----"I acted as a neighbor but threw in a bit of my AUTHORITY AS A COP---<<< that was the mistake

• Banned
sounds to me that the very insightful man is saying----"I acted as a neighbor but threw in a bit of my AUTHORITY AS A COP---<<< that was the mistake
but the fact of the matter is, is that I'm NOT the socioeconomic peers of most Philadelphians.
I spent 8 hours per day, 5 days a week, in the SUBURB called Fort Washington, for 8 years going to school there.
And my father is from New York City and my Mother is from New Jersey.

I am a lot more like Elkins Park / Philadelphian.. than what I am a Philadelphian... socially.

And one big difference out of many, is that New York's education standards are higher than Philadelphia's standards, New Jersey is also better for education than Philadelphia is.
And I had that influence in my house growing up... even though personally, I don't have that level of education myself... I have it culturally through how I was raised.
The suburban Montgomery county also has higher educational standards than Philadelphia does.

The truth is, is that Philadelphia is a shit town, its the state of Pennsylvania that is Pretty good..
Not the city / county of Philadelphia.

Last edited:
but the fact of the matter is, is that I'm NOT the socioeconomic peers of most Philadelphians.
I spent 8 hours per day, 5 days a week, in the SUBURB called Fort Washington, for 8 years going to school there.
And my father is from New York City and my Mother is from New Jersey.

I am a lot more like Elkins Park / Philadelphian.. than what I am a Philadelphian... socially.

And one big difference out of many, is that New York's education standards are higher than Philadelphia's standards, New Jersey is also better for education than Philadelphia is.
And I had that influence in my house growing up... even though personally, I don't have that level of education myself... I have it culturally through how I was raised.
The suburban Montgomery county also has higher educational standards than Philadelphia does.

The truth is, is that Philadelphia is a shit town, its the state of Pennsylvania that is Pretty good..
Not the city / county of Philadelphia.

Oh----I did not know-----I have sister-in-law from Philadelphia----and I had a job there for a few years-----my conclusion is---THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG with people from Philadelphia. ----an example:
Me----(walking in the city addressing a stranger) "can you tell me where Locust
Street is" ? Stranger "YOU DON'T KNOW" !!!!! Me ---"no---I am not
from here----I just started working here"----Stranger "WHY DID YOU COME" ?

more----sister-in-law "He (ie her husband who is my brother) was trying
to teach me how to bisect an angle------it makes ART tedious" !! (she an
art/ English lit Major in a good college) Me "didn't you get geometry
in high school"? My brother "ROSIE"!!!!! (he is cautioning me
to SHUT UP-----for the sake of the delicate feelings of his delicate
wife) PHILADELPHIA!!!! (lots more----but I will desist)

Forum List

Back