Getting cancelled by Trump supporters

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
If you're a fiscal & constitutional conservative, like myself, you've probably seen Trumps record of spending, increasing the size and scope of government and reauthorizing unconstitutional legislation. And you probably didn't like the idea of him assaulting our 2A with the bump stock ban. And you probably didn't like the idea of him either getting his butt kicked by Pelosi, or caving to her.
Not to mention all easily debunked lies that he told, just to get his uneducated followers to support him even more.
Things like:
Lock her up. Which he didn't even try
Make Mexico pay for the wall.... Not even possible.
Balance the budget in 4 years, that he didn't even try.
Get the national debt to zero in 8 years. Not even possible.

Just to name a few.

But if you're a die hard Trump supporter, all those lies were simply ignored. And why wouldn't they? Discussing them would mean they know Trump is lying and that they're overlooking those lies. And that in itself would cancel out all those things they said about Obama and Biden's lies being overlooked by their followers.

So where do FC/CC (fiscal and constitutional conservatives) go when there's no one to really support, except DeSantis. DeSantis has a good conservative record. But since the left and the Trump worshippers are aligned with each other now, one is surely to get cancelled by republican Trump supporters. Leaving us sort of standing alone, like the libertarian party.

I and many others have been treated like and called a liberal from Trumpbots, because we don't support someone as liberal as Trump. Trump has taken his supporters so far left of center, they don't even realize the whole "pot calling the kettle black."

And what does this do to the few conservatives congressmen and senators, who also don't support Trump? Well, I'll tell you.
What happens to them is the same thing that happened to the moderate democrats when the radical progressives took over in about 2019.
Trump supporters are telling us to shut up and sit down. Our voices don't matter. And if we speak up, their tribe will attack us and "cancel" us to the point that no one will even bother listening to reason.

The Trump tribe is the 2023 cancel culture. And it's going to be just as insane as the lefts version of it. Look at what they're doing to DeSantis. Calling him a groomer, a RINO, an establishment politician. Even with the record he has against the woke mob, Disney, the alphabet people and even the covid establishment.

If you're a fiscal & constitutional conservative, like myself, you've probably seen Trumps record of spending, increasing the size and scope of government and reauthorizing unconstitutional legislation. And you probably didn't like the idea of him assaulting our 2A with the bump stock ban. And you probably didn't like the idea of him either getting his butt kicked by Pelosi, or caving to her.
Not to mention all easily debunked lies that he told, just to get his uneducated followers to support him even more.
Things like:

Just to name a few.

But if you're a die hard Trump supporter, all those lies were simply ignored. And why wouldn't they? Discussing them would mean they know Trump is lying and that they're overlooking those lies. And that in itself would cancel out all those things they said about Obama and Biden's lies being overlooked by their followers.

So where do FC/CC (fiscal and constitutional conservatives) go when there's no one to really support, except DeSantis. DeSantis has a good conservative record. But since the left and the Trump worshippers are aligned with each other now, one is surely to get cancelled by republican Trump supporters. Leaving us sort of standing alone, like the libertarian party.

I and many others have been treated like and called a liberal from Trumpbots, because we don't support someone as liberal as Trump. Trump has taken his supporters so far left of center, they don't even realize the whole "pot calling the kettle black."

And what does this do to the few conservatives congressmen and senators, who also don't support Trump? Well, I'll tell you.
What happens to them is the same thing that happened to the moderate democrats when the radical progressives took over in about 2019.
Trump supporters are telling us to shut up and sit down. Our voices don't matter. And if we speak up, their tribe will attack us and "cancel" us to the point that no one will even bother listening to reason.

The Trump tribe is the 2023 cancel culture. And it's going to be just as insane as the lefts version of it. Look at what they're doing to DeSantis. Calling him a groomer, a RINO, an establishment politician. Even with the record he has against the woke mob, Disney, the alphabet people and even the covid establishment.
It appears that these people are not really into actual issues.

As he says, Trump is their retribution. Their primal scream. Their big FUCK YOU to the country. They think they've been victimized. Their miserable lives are all the fault of someone else.

The last thing they'll do is look in the mirror, just like their ruler.

Things like:

Just to name a few.

You blame all that shit on President Trump? How about the establishment RINO's like Paul lyan Ryan and his constant blocking of items President Trump wanted to get passed? Yet President Trump got a lot done, when the fucker Paul decided to step down and allow the President to build stuff. Then the Fascodemocrats started impeachment for bullshit stuff. And then, Joe Biden working with China released upon US the kung flu, that caused major harm not only to the people but the economy because another liar call Tony bullshit Fauxci told everyone to stay home for two weeks, then two months, then 6 months, and blue states stayed closed but red states opened. Yeah, you call yourself a conservative, so did Paul Ryan. I know better.

trump-derangement-syndrome-find-a-cure-ribbon.jpg

Who do you support as a "conservative"?

Conservativism is what build this nation. Even with the Federal Reserve, conservative's (Rep and Dems) kept a close watch on the national debt. Only borrowed when it was absolutely necessary. It was this way all the way up until Reagan.
We build a massive middle class, made huge technological advances in all sort of different industries. Especially in medicine and computers. We were the most industrious nation in the world, all because our government kept our USD and it's value in check.
It wasn't until Reagan came along, with his RINO's and started treating the Fed like an unlimited credit card and started decimating the value of the dollar, by pumping trillions of borrowed dollars into the economy. This devalued our currency and forced higher wages on employers, which caused the price of everything to go up. Which caused even higher wages. Rinse and repeat all the way up to 2023.
Would you vote for Biden over Trump?

I wouldn't vote for either of them. Because neither of them are fiscally conservative.

Conservativism is what build this nation. Even with the Federal Reserve, conservative's (Rep and Dems) kept a close watch on the national debt. Only borrowed when it was absolutely necessary. It was this way all the way up until Reagan.
We build a massive middle class, made huge technological advances in all sort of different industries. Especially in medicine and computers. We were the most industrious nation in the world, all because our government kept our USD and it's value in check.
It wasn't until Reagan came along, with his RINO's and started treating the Fed like an unlimited credit card and started decimating the value of the dollar, by pumping trillions of borrowed dollars into the economy. This devalued our currency and forced higher wages on employers, which caused the price of everything to go up. Which caused even higher wages. Rinse and repeat all the way up to 2023.

I wouldn't vote for either of them. Because neither of them are fiscally conservative.
Being fiscally conservative will lose you an election. Not enough people will vote to roll back the benefits the government now gives out.

Not to speak for this poster, but the person doesn't matter in terms of morals. Just what laws they are willing to support.

The person matters because it's the person that makes their decisions. It's his or her own beliefs that either makes things better or worse.
Example: Trump only vetoed 1 spending bill in 4 years. And that was because it didn't spend enough.
Let's take a look at the details of his actions. After promising to balance the budget in 4 years, 1 veto of countless spending bills (including 3 or 4 omnibus bills), there's no possible way to balance anything in the budget.
The Trump worshippers elected Trump for promising things like that. Things that would actually make this country better, because borrowing and spending makes existing money worth less.
But their loyalty wouldn't allow them to hold him accountable. Those of us who do hold him accountable, are being cancelled.
This is EXACTLY what happened to conservatives during Reagan. And what the moderate democrats went through when the radical progressives took over the democratic party.

And the same result of Trumps actions, made the economy worse than it could've been. I'm not discounting the effects of covid. And how bad things would've been if it was all just covid. But all that money borrowed and spent before covid, made it worse. Add Trumps spending and now Biden's, and it's 50 times worse than it would've been.

Unfortunately the OP is correct… there really isn’t a Conservative option for 2024. Just like there wasn’t a Conservative option in 2020, 2012, 2008, or most elections. Trump played himself off as the Conservative option in 2026, but didn’t live up to his promises.

Right now my 2024 option appears to be staying home, unless some third party option(s) show up.

Being fiscally conservative will lose you an election. Not enough people will vote to roll back the benefits the government now gives out.

There's really no need in rolling back things like section 8, SS, Medicare or most of those things. Just stop increasing them. And at the same time, cut our crap like funding gender studies in Pakistan.
Almost every dime of welfare goes right back to the government via income and other taxes. The fraud and waste needs to be cut out of those programs, obviously.
But there's also hundreds of billions being put into corporate welfare that could be cut too. Like the subsidies going to green energy, fossil fuels and big pharma.

There's a gazillion things that could be cut, without affect most Americans.

Unfortunately the OP is correct… there really isn’t a Conservative option for 2024. Just like there wasn’t a Conservative option in 2020, 2012, 2008, or most elections. Trump played himself off as the Conservative option in 2026, but didn’t live up to his promises.

Right now my 2024 option appears to be staying home, unless some third party option(s) show up.

I like Rand Paul. And consider him a conservative. But the GOP outlawed conservatism when Reagan became president.

There's really no need in rolling back things like section 8, SS, Medicare or most of those things. Just stop increasing them. And at the same time, cut our crap like funding gender studies in Pakistan
I was liking your posts SO MUCH until I read this. Fiscal Conservatism REQUIRES a return to Article I, Section 8 limits and NOTHING MORE.

The Republican Party is now a cult.

Look at what the Trumpsters did to Liz Cheney. She was cancelled, not over any policy position, but because she was mean to the cult leader.

McCarthy and DeSantis are now walking a very fine line. They can’t afford to anger the cult or they will face similar consequences.

Forum List

Back