Get Rid of Spanish in America

Not the same issue. Only in a liberal demented state are issues other issues. That's normal for liberals. This thread isn't for liberals. It's for normal people.

If we were to stretch every issue into a dozen or so (very unlikely) negative possibilities, there would be no government, no legislation, nothing would ever happen. Sorry, no room for liberal BS here.

And nobody is demonizing a language (or anything else). As stated in the OP, a NATION has a distinctive (ONE) language. When you have multilanguages, multiculturalism, you no longer have a NATION. I choose to have a NATION, not a multiculturalist mishmash.

As for Danish, I haven't lost it. I never spoke it. I do speak Spanish however (learned from my grandparents (mi abuelos)

The USA is an English-speaking country. It has been that for over 200 years. In order for America to preserve its identity as a NATION, it must have a (ie. ONE) distinctive language and culture.

Currently, there are a few Spanish TV stations, and the AM radio dial is flooded with them. Spanish is also ubiquitous in telephone recordings, voting ballots, and even on billboards. It's time for the US government to put a stop to this madness.

There have been non-English speaking immigrants here in America, for as long as the USA has existed. They have always adapted and quickly learned English. My mother's family arrived here from Denmark, in 1929. There were no radio shows in Danish for them. My paternal grandparents came here from Central America in the 1880's. They had no Spanish signs, or anything like that. They all learned English, quickly.

The only reason there is so much Spanish in America now, is because this helps Democrats to import more immigrants to vote Democrat. Now we have people who have been here for 20 years, and can't speak a word of English. Get rid of all the Spanish. Get it out, and keep it out.

Let’s make America great again, by making America a true NATION again (instead of the mish-mash it has become).

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, system of economics, and a DISTINCTIVE LANGUAGE & CULTURE. (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.)

A derivative concept. A century ago the National Security League (say it with a German accent) was crusading to have German language classes eliminated from schools. This of course descended into banning German music, renaming German Shepherds into "police dogs", and even owners of Dachshunds having their pets snatched away and stoned to death in the street for having the temerity to be named in German.

Of course, all of this was simply because Germany (which means the country, not the language) was a belligerent enemy at the time. Today --- not so much. Yet the language is the same, the music is the same, and German Shepherds are allowed to be German Shepherds again.

So yeah you go with that, Sparkles. Those who ignore their history and shit.

Who said anything about banning anything?

Simply end all the nonsense of federal and state funding of mandated translation services, conduct all official business in English, ESPECIALLY the vote, all public school teaching in English etc.

You want to be an American? Assimilate with us, because we will not be assimilating with you.

It's the same issue, Dippy. It's demonizing a language because you're butthurt about it.

And meanwhile you've lost your Danish. Whose fault is that?
Not the same issue. Only in a liberal demented state are issues other issues. That's normal for liberals. This thread isn't for liberals. It's for normal people.

If we were to stretch every issue into a dozen or so (very unlikely) negative possibilities, there would be no government, no legislation, nothing would ever happen. Sorry, no room for liberal BS here.

And nobody is demonizing a language (or anything else). As stated in the OP, a NATION has a distinctive (ONE) language. When you have multilanguages, multiculturalism, you no longer have a NATION. I choose to have a NATION, not a multiculturalist mishmash.

As for Danish, I haven't lost it. I never spoke it. I do speak Spanish however (learned from my grandparents (mi abuelos)

The USA is an English-speaking country. It has been that for over 200 years. In order for America to preserve its identity as a NATION, it must have a (ie. ONE) distinctive language and culture.

Currently, there are a few Spanish TV stations, and the AM radio dial is flooded with them. Spanish is also ubiquitous in telephone recordings, voting ballots, and even on billboards. It's time for the US government to put a stop to this madness.

There have been non-English speaking immigrants here in America, for as long as the USA has existed. They have always adapted and quickly learned English. My mother's family arrived here from Denmark, in 1929. There were no radio shows in Danish for them. My paternal grandparents came here from Central America in the 1880's. They had no Spanish signs, or anything like that. They all learned English, quickly.

The only reason there is so much Spanish in America now, is because this helps Democrats to import more immigrants to vote Democrat. Now we have people who have been here for 20 years, and can't speak a word of English. Get rid of all the Spanish. Get it out, and keep it out.

Let’s make America great again, by making America a true NATION again (instead of the mish-mash it has become).

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, system of economics, and a DISTINCTIVE LANGUAGE & CULTURE. (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.)

Arguing that the US government and all government services should end Spanish I agree with.

Your proposal that the government should have the power to restrict Spanish for non-government services like TV stations is complete tyranny, Unconstitutional and immoral

Does Switzerland not have a NATION?

Should Sweden declare Swedish the official language? And whether it does or doesn't, should it be forcing its Finnish-speaking citizens to speak Swedish, a language that isn't even related?

The National Security League did. It's in my post. And all that started with the same bullshit rhetoric that the OP uses as a basis. So I showed him where that road goes.
Typical liberal tactic.
Where that road goes ? HA HA. If I had a $10 bill for every time a liberal tried to scare us with that line, only to have the proposal become law, and then NO, it do NOT go down "that road", I'd be rich.

You "showed" that you know how to use worn out and very :lame2: tactics. :rolleyes:

Why?

Australia has no official language. Nor does Sweden.
The OP told you why. Are you dense ?

Actually the OP is a train wreck of multiple whines going on. On the one hand it kind of hints that English should be an official language but its main thrust --- and your whole TITLE --- is about eliminating a language.

Those are two different things. And it's obvious which one is your priority.
And in the previous post you just did it AGAIN.

Univision should be eliminated. It is a Spanish media.

Ask the Cajuns about having a language eliminated. Ask the Irish. Ask the Bretons. Or the Cherokee.

Yeah I have. I've been everywhere, man. I lived in Paris, where French, English, German, Arabic and several other languages were common.

And the government declaring what its "official" language is changes any of this --- how?
The OP suggests that Spanish should be removed from media, telephone recordings, billboard and other advertising, etc. Can you read ?

Making English the official language would not ban Taco Tuesday. It would eliminate all the translations of government documents. The DMV test would not be given in 200 different forms. Foreign language would still be in foreign language class but not in any other class. Univision would still exist.
Univision should be eliminated. Same with Telemundo, El Diario, etc.

Should Sweden declare Swedish the official language? And whether it does or doesn't, should it be forcing its Finnish-speaking citizens to speak Swedish, a language that isn't even related?

Just FYI. Sweden has an official policy that only native languages can be official Swedish languages. They do not recognize any languages of immigrants to be official languages

Traditionally the Left Wing Bigots have been anti-wasp and rejecting English is another part of their hate.

Just FYI. Sweden has an official policy that only native languages can be official Swedish languages. They do not recognize any languages of immigrants to be official languages

Finnish has long been established in Sweden. They're not "immigrants". It's part of the nation's heritage.

In any case I see the question went unanswered. Quelle surprise.

Ask the Cajuns about having a language eliminated. Ask the Irish. Ask the Bretons. Or the Cherokee.
I don't have to ask anybody anything. The thread subject matter is to GET RID of SPANISH in America. Is that clear enough for you ?

Traditionally the Left Wing Bigots have been anti-wasp and rejecting English is another part of their hate.

Language has nothing to do with race. Or religion.

The only "hate" promulgated here is in the OP, who wants to dictate to other people how they can speak to each other.

Finnish has long been established in Sweden. They're not "immigrants". It's part of the nation's heritage.

In any case I see the question went unanswered. Quelle surprise.

Finnish has been spoken in Sweden since the 13th century

Forum List

Back