Get Rid of Spanish in America

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
The USA is an English-speaking country. It has been that for over 200 years. In order for America to preserve its identity as a NATION, it must have a (ie. ONE) distinctive language and culture.

Currently, there are a few Spanish TV stations, and the AM radio dial is flooded with them. Spanish is also ubiquitous in telephone recordings, voting ballots, and even on billboards. It's time for the US government to put a stop to this madness.

There have been non-English speaking immigrants here in America, for as long as the USA has existed. They have always adapted and quickly learned English. My mother's family arrived here from Denmark, in 1929. There were no radio shows in Danish for them. My paternal grandparents came here from Central America in the 1880's. They had no Spanish signs, or anything like that. They all learned English, quickly.

The only reason there is so much Spanish in America now, is because this helps Democrats to import more immigrants to vote Democrat. Now we have people who have been here for 20 years, and can't speak a word of English. Get rid of all the Spanish. Get it out, and keep it out.

Let’s make America great again, by making America a true NATION again (instead of the mish-mash it has become).

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, system of economics, and a DISTINCTIVE LANGUAGE & CULTURE. (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.)

The USA is an English-speaking country. It has been that for over 200 years. In order for America to preserve its identity as a NATION, it must have a (ie. ONE) distinctive language and culture.

Currently, there are a few Spanish TV stations, and the AM radio dial is flooded with them. Spanish is also ubiquitous in telephone recordings, voting ballots, and even on billboards. It's time for the US government to put a stop to this madness.

There have been non-English speaking immigrants here in America, for as long as the USA has existed. They have always adapted and quickly learned English. My mother's family arrived here from Denmark, in 1929. There were no radio shows in Danish for them. My paternal grandparents came here from Central America in the 1880's. They had no Spanish signs, or anything like that. They all learned English, quickly.

The only reason there is so much Spanish in America now, is because this helps Democrats to import more immigrants to vote Democrat. Now we have people who have been here for 20 years, and can't speak a word of English. Get rid of all the Spanish. Get it out, and keep it out.

Let’s make America great again, by making America a true NATION again (instead of the mish-mash it has become).

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, system of economics, and a DISTINCTIVE LANGUAGE & CULTURE. (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.)
Donde?

A derivative concept. A century ago the National Security League (say it with a German accent) was crusading to have German language classes eliminated from schools. This of course descended into banning German music, renaming German Shepherds into "police dogs", and even owners of Dachshunds having their pets snatched away and stoned to death in the street for having the temerity to be named in German.

Of course, all of this was simply because Germany (which means the country, not the language) was a belligerent enemy at the time. Today --- not so much. Yet the language is the same, the music is the same, and German Shepherds are allowed to be German Shepherds again.

So yeah you go with that, Sparkles. Those who ignore their history and shit.

Even if English was the national language, you could still get Spanish speaking satellite feeds used for TV channels or cable...It's not against the law to market a product for a targeted group...It's called capitalism...

A derivative concept. A century ago the National Security League (say it with a German accent) was crusading to have German language classes eliminated from schools. This of course descended into banning German music, renaming German Shepherds into "police dogs", and even owners of Dachshunds having their pets snatched away and stoned to death in the street for having the temerity to be named in German.

HA HA. Leave to the liberals to take an issue, and turn it into 5 other issues. Stay on topic.

Even if English was the national language, you could still get Spanish speaking satellite feeds used for TV channels or cable...It's not against the law to market a product for a targeted group...It's called capitalism...
As I said in the OP, it's time for the "government" to act. That means making NEW laws.

HA HA. Leave to the liberals to take an issue, and turn it into 5 other issues. Stay on topic.

It's the same issue, Dippy. It's demonizing a language because you're butthurt about it.

And meanwhile you've lost your Danish. Whose fault is that?

Wal-Mart says .. wait for it .... no

Making English the official language would not ban Taco Tuesday. It would eliminate all the translations of government documents. The DMV test would not be given in 200 different forms. Foreign language would still be in foreign language class but not in any other class. Univision would still exist.

Our "leaders" don't even have eough courage to declare English the offical language of the United States
I don't see why it should take courage.
Me either but it remains that English is not the offical language of the United States[ which is a travesty

Why?

Australia has no official language. Nor does Sweden.
Ever been to Miami? If you have it is self explanatory.

Yeah I have. I've been everywhere, man. I lived in Paris, where French, English, German, Arabic and several other languages were common.

And the government declaring what its "official" language is changes any of this --- how?

Making English the official language would not ban Taco Tuesday. It would eliminate all the translations of government documents. The DMV test would not be given in 200 different forms. Foreign language would still be in foreign language class but not in any other class. Univision would still exist.

Mostly accurate but for the Univisión part. Univisión is not a branch of government.

Forum List

Back