Get Rid of Spanish in America

Does Switzerland not have a NATION?

Should Sweden declare Swedish the official language? And whether it does or doesn't, should it be forcing its Finnish-speaking citizens to speak Swedish, a language that isn't even related?
EARTH TO POGO (and anyone else lame enough to think the US should follow other nations) >> America is a sovereign NATION. If other countries decide to multiculturalize themselves, and denationalize themselves, that's THEIR business. Not ours.

We have a NATION - one language, one culture. We need to preserve that.

Who said anything about banning anything?

The National Security League did.

A century ago. How 'bout now?.

Yes, a century ago. That's what learning from history means. You look back and ask, "how did this work out last time?".

How about conducting all business in English? How does that ban anything?

It doesn't. That's fine. But the OP here is actually talking about eliminating a language. It's right there in his title, and he's reiterating it in every post. Can you read English?

Arguing that the US government and all government services should end Spanish I agree with.

Your proposal that the government should have the power to restrict Spanish for non-government services like TV stations is complete tyranny, Unconstitutional and immoral
Not tyranny, not unconstitutioal, and not immoral, Every NATION has a right to preserve its identity as a NATION. Period.

Arguing that the US government and all government services should end Spanish I agree with.

Your proposal that the government should have the power to restrict Spanish for non-government services like TV stations is complete tyranny, Unconstitutional and immoral
Not tyranny, not unconstitutioal, and not immoral, Every NATION has a right to preserve its identity as a NATION. Period.

If you have to preserve your identity by restricting the free speech of citizens, then you're just a despot anyway.

Again, I agree that government should speak English. You are advocating that government have the power to prevent it's citizens from speaking Spanish, and that's tyranny. You would have been a Tory in the revolution

Finnish has long been established in Sweden. They're not "immigrants". It's part of the nation's heritage.

In any case I see the question went unanswered. Quelle surprise.
The tread is about "AMERICA" (as written in the OP TITLE). Please STAY ON TOPIC.

Should Sweden declare Swedish the official language? And whether it does or doesn't, should it be forcing its Finnish-speaking citizens to speak Swedish, a language that isn't even related?
EARTH TO POGO (and anyone else lame enough to think the US should follow other nations) >> America is a sovereign NATION. If other countries decide to multiculturalize themselves, and denationalize themselves, that's THEIR business. Not ours.

And he STILL won't answer.

Look Sprinkles, you either have a logical point, or you do not. It's obvious which one is at work here but if you did, you could apply the principle anywhere and answer the question. But you can't.

How about conducting all business in English? How does that ban anything?
Spanish should be BANNED in the US. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I go into my local Mexican restaurant --- what happens? I can't order? If I read the menu out loud do your stürmtroopers goose-step in and toss me in a Konzentration Kamp?

We can brainwash kids to report parents who speak anything but English at home. When we throw them in concentration camps, their kids will be hailed as heroes!

Protectionist is sick

And he STILL won't answer.

Look Sprinkles, you either have a logical point, or you do not. It's obvious which one is at work here but if you did, you could apply the principle anywhere and answer the question. But you can't.

A nation that can control the private actions of it's citizens may be a nation, but it's not one I want to live in

Language has nothing to do with race. Or religion.

The only "hate" promulgated here is in the OP, who wants to dictate to other people how they can speak to each other.
HA HA. Leave it to the left to twist a simple political subject into one about "hate". The left's favorite word.

Actually "hate" is not necessarily a bad thing. Plenty of things could/should be hated. The flu. Termites. And countries that invade your country with millions of people, raid your economy for Trillion$$, and try to make the invasion/plunder permanent, by installing their culture/language into the prey country (the US).

Flu's invade your body. Termites invade your house. Imperialists (ex. Mexico) invade your country.

Language has nothing to do with race. Or religion.

The only "hate" promulgated here is in the OP, who wants to dictate to other people how they can speak to each other.
HA HA. Leave it to the left to twist a simple political subject into one about "hate". The left's favorite word.

Actually "hate" is not necessarily a bad thing. Plenty of things could/should be hated. The flu. Termites. And countries that invade your country with millions of people, raid your economy for Trillion$$, and try to make the invasion/plunder permanent, by installing their culture/language into the prey country (the US).

Flu's invade your body. Termites invade your house. Imperialists (ex. Mexico) invade your country.

"Hate" was in the post to which I responded, which would have been obvious if you hadn't dishonestly removed that post.

The point remains, there is no definition of "hate" that gets in smelling distance of the idea of defying your fascisti fantassies.

Oh that's Olde Englisshe by the way. Still counts.

Finnish has been spoken in Sweden since the 13th century
upload_2018-2-16_11-41-6.png

How do you get rid of a language?

The next step of course would be getting rid of accents. And of course all slang terms that didn't meet the national standard list.

What a fucked-up world.

LOL. Look, I have no problem if people speak their native language. However, where I live, the public school system is spending a fortune teaching children in Spanish because they refuse to learn English... I have a problem with this.

I used to have a Honduran lady that worked for me, Monday morning, her accent was thick... not so much on Friday. She spoke nothing but Spanish over the weekend.

Forum List

Back