Get Ready for Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes in 2017

Already rebutted in an earlier thread, so let's close this one down as mere propaganda.

I just LOVE the way you stick up for anything Subversive!

jake loves the big insurance corps

--LOL

I assumed he was posting to this thread.

He's on ignore.

But when I quote you, his post comes along with it.

There's nothing rebutted in this thread or any of the others.

Republicans have been crying wolf and the democrats have made them look bad.

But you can't run from the simple fact that if we are showing up at the doctors office and hospitals at a cost of $8,500 per person per year....we are going to have bigger costs.

That isn't the fault of Obamacare.

That is a simple fact.

Single payer won't help either. That is because there will always be a huge secondary market. The government would never try to stop that....and survive.

The bottom line is that we are going to have huge costs....not because of Obamacare.

But Obamacare hasn't and won't do a darn thing about it.
Sun Devil does not have me on ignore. It is easy to check, did so, and guess what, he lies as usual.

There is no $8,500 cost a year for normal service. And that is a lie.

And the "bigger cost" curve has been flattening every year since 2010.

To say government payer won't help is a lie as well. It continues to help the poor and permits those who wish to be served in a second market. That's what the Australian plan does.

Nope, because Sun Devil lies does not mean we are going to have huge escalating costs.

Beta males like him simply lie.

There will be a non-Muslim non-Communist non-Progressive non-Liberal non-Democrat non-Transexual in the White house in 2017. We'll straighten this shit out. America will be returned to Americans.

Nobody returns anything.

"Americans" are those who voted in Obama....and regret it.

Americans have to decide what they want.

Right now, they seem to want a lot of health care.

Remember the whole 17% of GDP argument for Obamacare.....

Guess what.....we are still there.

What does Singapore know that we don't ?

Health expenditure, total (% of GDP) | Data | Table

BTW:

Does anyone want to quantify when an increase is "huge" ?

The far left does not understand numbers.

The far right can't add......

So if we see a 20% increase (total) ......are we going to scream ?

And is this just Obamacare (Exchange) hikes....?

We know insurers are losing their asses in this market.

The insurers are not losing big, they are complaining their profit is not as large as they want.

United Health Trimming Involvment in ObamaCare

United Health Care trimming back.

I have heard different stories on this one.

But, it seems others are claiming huge losses too....

No that they are losing money...just losoing in to the exchanges.

Hence the days of the exchange are limited.

But insurance companies are doing quite well.

I believe this thread applies only to Obamacare plans.

How many times are how many posters going to keep harping on UHC regardless of how often the decision is explained to them?

Already rebutted in an earlier thread, so let's close this one down as mere propaganda.

--LOL

Yes indeed! I too love a for-profit healthcare system. It has provided the United States with the finest health care in the world. NO other country or group of five or six countries have developed as many life saving and improving drugs, medical procedures, and technology as has the United States.

The system has not failed in other countries.

Most, if not all, the western and eastern counties that have embraced national health care have a population that lives longer and more healthy.

Good for them.

The insurers are not losing big, they are complaining their profit is not as large as they want.

So you claim this is a total fabrication,

Most, if not all, the western and eastern counties that have embraced national health care have a population that lives longer and more healthy.

Good for them.

a LIE? Interesting!

The country's largest health-insurance company is almost entirely quitting Obamacare
The country's largest health-insurance company is almost entirely quitting Obamacare

As you know, insurance companies are guaranteed against losses in the very beginning of Obamacare. Those protections fade away and the companies will be forced to absorb the entire loss. The demographics needed for the insurance, and promised by Obamacare has not happened. Not nearly enough young healthy people, as we conservatives told you, are buying insurance. Thus, the losses from middle age and older people, like myself, are bleeding the system dry.

Cute try though!

Good for them.

Why do you celebrate failed systems? Would you share with us what you learned about the Liverpool Path?

The largest health care system has been a minor player, not getting the profits it thinks it should get.

Other companies will pick up the slack.

Now if it turns out the insured pool is not large enough, then either a single payer medicare-type program will replace it, or perhaps a two-tier system like Australia.

So you claim this is a total fabrication,

Good for them.

a LIE? Interesting!

As you know, insurance companies are guaranteed against losses in the very beginning of Obamacare. Those protections fade away and the companies will be forced to absorb the entire loss. The demographics needed for the insurance, and promised by Obamacare has not happened. Not nearly enough young healthy people, as we conservatives told you, are buying insurance. Thus, the losses from middle age and older people, like myself, are bleeding the system dry.

Cute try though!

Good for them.

Why do you celebrate failed systems? Would you share with us what you learned about the Liverpool Path?

It varies from place to place.

Some have good systems.

Some have systems that suck.

Singapore seems to have a very good system. You have to be in it....but there is a lot of flexibility. And they don't cover visitors.

With regards to this OP, I don't think it is saying....all premiums...just Obamacare Premiums.

You can't have companies saying they are losing hundreds of millions in the exchanges (even though they more than make up for it elsewhere) and not expect premiums on the exchanges to go up.

That would be stupid.

--LOL

Yes indeed! I too love a for-profit healthcare system. It has provided the United States with the finest health care in the world. NO other country or group of five or six countries have developed as many life saving and improving drugs, medical procedures, and technology as has the United States.

We have a multi tiered system and if you are in the upper tiers...there is nothing better.......

I think that might be a complaint that is worth addressing....although taking inexpensive options away from people is pretty stupid.

Just so we are clear...this is how a for profit company works:

UnitedHealth, the nation's biggest health insurer, will cut its participation in public health insurance exchanges to only a handful of states next year after expanding to nearly three dozen for this year.

CEO Stephen Hemsley said Tuesday that the company expects losses from its exchange business to total more than $1 billion for this year and last. He added that the company cannot continue to broadly serve the market created by the Affordable Care Act's coverage expansion due partly to the higher risk that comes with its customers.

Is there something misleading about that statement ?

I mean...it seems pretty straightforward to me.

The largest health care system has been a minor player, not getting the profits it thinks it should get.

Now if it turns out the insured pool is not large enough, then either a single payer medicare-type program will replace it, or perhaps a two-tier system like Australia.

Even you know that as Conservatives and every single Republican opposed Obamacare, plus Lame Duck President Obama had to use bribery, payoffs, and most likely blackmail was needed to get it through Congress. That plus rules changes in order to shove this failed system up the...throats of American voters.

Even you know that as Conservatives and every single Republican opposed Obamacare, plus Lame Duck President Obama had to use bribery, payoffs, and most likely blackmail was needed to get it through Congress. That plus rules changes in order to shove this failed system up the...throats of American voters.

Can only assume you are addressing Fakey...she's on ignore.

The GOP didn't help things out when it had a chance.

We got Obamacare because GWB screwed up....not in passing legislation...but in leading the discussion.

He just stuck his head up his ass and started a couple of miserable wars.

Conservatives thought Bush was a moron.

--LOL

yes but jake like big insurance because obama likes big insurance

You poor little losers: whinging and whining.

Guys, our GOP is going to lose big because you freeks on the far right refuse to change with America.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back