Get Ready for Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes in 2017

Your unwillingness to accept reality is why the party will be defeated this fall, massively, and why your group will have no political power thereafter.

You poor little losers: whinging and whining.

Guys, our GOP is going to lose big because you freeks on the far right refuse to change with America.

No, we refute your definition of America Jake. Nothing needs to change

-Geaux

That's what such a crack up....

And why I have her on ignore.

Fakey's "definition" is what she thinks it should be and must be.

The establishment continues to whine about the far right (and with good reason) while the far right whines about the establishment (with just as good a reason).

Before I put her on ignore, she kept saying that the middle was going to take things back over. He never defined what that mean. And it appears the reactionary right is going to get it's way in this election (what a scary thought).

But the middle does nothing but whine (and there is some feeling they will lay down and let the democrats win). If the two don't join up somehow, it will be Bernieland (something I almost like).

But, to ignore that there are differing points of view is to lack an understanding of why this country was set up the way it was set up.

The estalbishment has sold out. The far right is always shooting itself in the foot. That's why I quit the party.

Sun Devil whinges and whines, ignoring as did Federalists and Whigs and Know Nothings and the Dems in 1896 and the Pubs in 1932 that the country's demography and culture are changing.

If the GOP does not reach out sincerely to people where they are at in their lives, the GOP will continue to lose at the national level.

Already rebutted in an earlier thread, so let's close this one down as mere propaganda.

I just LOVE the way you stick up for anything Subversive!

jake loves the big insurance corps

--LOL

Yes indeed! I too love a for-profit healthcare system. It has provided the United States with the finest health care in the world. NO other country or group of five or six countries have developed as many life saving and improving drugs, medical procedures, and technology as has the United States.

yes but jake like big insurance because obama likes big insurance

And probably does not realize it.

Most left wingers and right wingers don't get the connection.

Already rebutted in an earlier thread, so let's close this one down as mere propaganda.

I just LOVE the way you stick up for anything Subversive!

jake loves the big insurance corps

--LOL

Yes indeed! I too love a for-profit healthcare system. It has provided the United States with the finest health care in the world. NO other country or group of five or six countries have developed as many life saving and improving drugs, medical procedures, and technology as has the United States.

yes but jake like big insurance because obama likes big insurance

And probably does not realize it.

Most left wingers and right wingers don't get the connection.
None of which above justifies the silly OP.

12803007_797113533752810_5102715839802337497_n.jpg

Amid rising drug and health care costs and roiling market dynamics, the spokesperson for the nation’s health insurers is predicting substantial increases next year in Obamacare premiums and related costs.

Without venturing a specific percentage increase, Marilyn Tavenner, the president and CEO of America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), said in an interview with Morning Consult that the culmination of market shifts and rising health care costs will force stark increases in health insurance rates in the coming year.

ADVERTISING
Related: More Bad News for the Remaining Obamacare Co-ops

“I’ve been asked, what are the premiums going to look like?” she said. “I don’t know because it also varies by state, market, even within markets. But I think the overall trend is going to be higher than we saw previous years. That’s my big prediction.”

If Tavenner is right, Obamacare will jump dramatically—last year’s premium for the popular silver-level plan surged 11 percent on average. Although Tavenner didn’t mention deductibles, in 2016, some states saw jumps of 76 percent, while the average deductible for a 27-year-old male on a silver plan was 8 percent.

The warning to consumers from Tavenner, the former administration official who headed the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and oversaw the disastrous launch of HealthCare.gov, the Obamacare website, comes at a time of growing uncertainty about the evolving makeup of the Obamacare health insurance market. With many insurers struggling to find profitability in the program, the collapse of nearly half of the 23 Obamacare insurance co-ops and this week’s announcement that giant UnitedHealth Group intends to pull out of most Obamacare markets across the country, anticipating future premiums and copayments is largely risky guesswork.....

Nobody has defined "huge".

Nobody has argued with Tavenner......

What is the case that disputes what she says.

They just cross their arms and say "un uh".

They've been saying this from the start. So far, it hasn't happened. RWNJs lie and Repubs want it to be true but its not.

That's okay though. LyinRyan once again promised the Repubs would be unveiling their own version this week. Oh wait. Its already Thursday and still, nuthin'.

RWNJs are so gullible. And SO dishonest.

Ummm, it DID happen. My premium went up by 40%. in one year!

They've been saying this from the start. So far, it hasn't happened. RWNJs lie and Repubs want it to be true but its not.

That's okay though. LyinRyan once again promised the Repubs would be unveiling their own version this week. Oh wait. Its already Thursday and still, nuthin'.

You must be liar.......there is no way that could happen !

You must be liar.......there is no way that could happen !

And yet, it did. At one point they were tossing around an 80% increase and I simply told them to cancel my plan if that were the case, I'd pay the fine.

Amid rising drug and health care costs and roiling market dynamics, the spokesperson for the nation’s health insurers is predicting substantial increases next year in Obamacare premiums and related costs.

Without venturing a specific percentage increase, Marilyn Tavenner, the president and CEO of America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), said in an interview with Morning Consult that the culmination of market shifts and rising health care costs will force stark increases in health insurance rates in the coming year.

ADVERTISING

“I’ve been asked, what are the premiums going to look like?” she said. “I don’t know because it also varies by state, market, even within markets. But I think the overall trend is going to be higher than we saw previous years. That’s my big prediction.”

If Tavenner is right, Obamacare will jump dramatically—last year’s premium for the popular silver-level plan surged 11 percent on average. Although Tavenner didn’t mention deductibles, in 2016, some states saw jumps of 76 percent, while the average deductible for a 27-year-old male on a silver plan was 8 percent.

The warning to consumers from Tavenner, the former administration official who headed the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and oversaw the disastrous launch of HealthCare.gov, the Obamacare website, comes at a time of growing uncertainty about the evolving makeup of the Obamacare health insurance market. With many insurers struggling to find profitability in the program, the collapse of nearly half of the 23 Obamacare insurance co-ops and this week’s announcement that giant UnitedHealth Group intends to pull out of most Obamacare markets across the country, anticipating future premiums and copayments is largely risky guesswork.....

That's what happens when the unhealthy are buying health insurance at record numbers and the healthy are opting to pay a penalty instead of buying insurance.

ADVERTISING

That's what happens when the unhealthy are buying health insurance at record numbers and the healthy are opting to pay a penalty instead of buying insurance.
You got numbers?

ADVERTISING

Talking about United Health Care:

The company had previously said that it was reviewing offering plans through the ACA exchanges, but this is confirmation that the company will remove nearly all of its products come 2017 to remove any financial impact.

The exchanges are state-by-state marketplaces that allow Americans to compare and sign up for now-mandated health-insurance coverage.

Hemsley said that the cost of offering coverage was too high, as those who gained insurance through the exchange were less healthy and thus the company paid out more claims.

"So as we look at it, the early indications on the health status of the members appears to be a little bit worse," said UnitedHealthcare CFO Daniel Schumacher.

In total, the company expects to lose $650 million on people covered through the exchanges in 2016 after losing $475 million in 2015, according to Schumacher.

The company has also noted that younger people, who are healthier and on net pay into the system to help cover older, less healthy members are not signing up through the exchanges. This is hurting revenue and making it less attractive to the healthcare companies.

The company had previously said that it was reviewing offering plans through the ACA exchanges, but this is confirmation that the company will remove nearly all of its products come 2017 to remove any financial impact.

The exchanges are state-by-state marketplaces that allow Americans to compare and sign up for now-mandated health-insurance coverage.

Hemsley said that the cost of offering coverage was too high, as those who gained insurance through the exchange were less healthy and thus the company paid out more claims.

"So as we look at it, the early indications on the health status of the members appears to be a little bit worse," said UnitedHealthcare CFO Daniel Schumacher.

In total, the company expects to lose $650 million on people covered through the exchanges in 2016 after losing $475 million in 2015, according to Schumacher.

The company has also noted that younger people, who are healthier and on net pay into the system to help cover older, less healthy members are not signing up through the exchanges. This is hurting revenue and making it less attractive to the healthcare companies.

The country's largest health-insurance company is almost entirely quitting Obamacare

uhc sucks.....so lets let unhealthy people die...good plan there....kinda like what private insurance companies have been doing for decades

Forum List

Back