Gen NOrman Schwarzkopf

An honorable man. RIP Sir.

I love this quote.

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."

General Norman Schwartzkof was asked if he thought there was room for forgiveness toward the people who have harboured and abetted the terrorists who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks on America. His answer...

"I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting.”

R.I.P.

Retired Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf dies

May he rest in peace.

He was a great man. I had the good fortune to meet him on a hunting trip in Kamiah Idaho about 10 years ago. The morning I met him, myself and a group of friends were shooting sporting clays using 12 and 20 gauge shotguns. He watched us shoot for a few moments and asked if he could join in. Of course we were thrilled to have him shoot with us! Here was a genuine American General! He really was larger than life and was a helluva marksman. That day he hit every clay, (including the fur and feathers) using a 28 gauge! It was impressive.....especially since I missed 2...and I was using a 12 gauge...:lol:

Forum List

Back