Gay politicians

GunnyL said:
It does if it is socially unacceptable behavior. What doesn't matter is the whining 10% who think the 90% should cater to their whims to be girlie-men.

Yep. It is unacceptable to some people. Many thing that are now accepted by the majority were once considered unacceptable. Thankfully we live in a nation that allows, to a large degree, free speech. We even have the right to criticize the views of the majority. Is this a great country or what!! We are also in a Republic were the minority are allowed to vote. Views change and I think that in due time, the views and laws with respect to homosexuality will change.

mattskramer said:
Me?!? Okay. For a moment, I didn't know to whom you were directing your post. Yes. My Muslim friends already know that I'm a happily married agnostic heterosexual. They don't care. It is too bad that so many non Muslims seem to care.

Now you are professing to be a "Happily married agnostic hetrosexual" WTF are you a "closet gay" bisexual(the worst kind of perv) or just backsliding to avoid further criticism? And if you really told your muslim friends you preferred guys or had a liking for them...I am sure you would be history if they are really Muslims practicing their true faith...So why don't you post your picture,phone number, and address along with your sexual preference (as insinuated in almost all of your posts) on a Muslim/Islam web site...we will see who was right!
ps: And for the record smoking is quite popular in the Middle East...and amongst Muslims!

archangel said:
Now you are professing to be a "Happily married agnostic hetrosexual" WTF are you a "closet gay" bisexual(the worst kind of perv) or just backsliding to avoid further criticism? And if you really told your muslim friends you preferred guys or had a liking for them...I am sure you would be history if they are really Muslims practicing their true faith...So why don't you post your picture,phone number, and address along with your sexual preference (as insinuated in almost all of your posts) on a Muslim/Islam web site...we will see who was right!

OMG! Is this guy for real. I'll try not to stoop to name-calling...but...sheesh. Yeah - I think that gamboling, prostitution, and marijuana should be legal. Therefore I'm a drug-selling homosexual prostitute gambler. Right. Uh. No. I did not "backslide". I do not prefer guys. I am happily married and don't care to post my address and phone number for strangers on the Internet. You might even call. (Yikes) I did not know that one can interpret one's sexual orientation by seeing a photograph. Gee. Would a tattoo make me look more heterosexual? I'd be more than happy to post an image of me and my wife if that would satisfy your seemingly voyeuristic interest in my sexual identity.

mattskramer said:
OMG! Is this guy for real. I'll try not to stoop to name-calling...but...sheesh. Yeah - I think that gamboling, prostitution, and marijuana should be legal. Therefore I'm a drug-selling homosexual prostitute gambler. Right. Uh. No. I did not "backslide". I do not prefer guys. I am happily married and don't care to post my address and phone number for strangers on the Internet. You might even call. (Yikes) I did not know that one can interpret one's sexual orientation by seeing a photograph. Gee. Would a tattoo make me look more heterosexual? I'd be more than happy to post an image of me and my wife if that would satisfy your seemingly voyeuristic interest in my sexual identity.

He calls people immature yet by his own admission he is a grandfather. His rhetoric is more suited to a 7th grade playground in a particularly inbred village.

nucular said:
He calls people immature yet by his own admission he is a grandfather. His rhetoric is more suited to a 7th grade playground in a particularly inbred village.

you are a poor actor...not very convincing...and by the way I called a spade a spade...by matt's own admission...all of his posts relate to homosexuality and anti smoking(?) don't quite get the connection there...however I will stand my ground...homosexuality is nothing more than sexual immaturity...to be blunt:Ultimate narcistic masturbation...plain and simple and not worthy of special or normal marriage rights!
And for his BS about his Muslim friends...he seems to think this will add to his argument...now go find a job before you give yourself a headache..all actors who cannot find work migrate to the political arena...end of story!

archangel said:
you are a poor actor...not very convincing...and by the way I called a spade a spade...by matt's own admission...all of his posts relate to homosexuality and anti smoking(?) don't quite get the connection there...however I will stand my ground...homosexuality is nothing more than sexual immaturity...to be blunt:Ultimate narcistic masturbation...plain and simple and not worthy of special or normal marriage rights!
And for his BS about his Muslim friends...he seems to think this will add to his argument...now go find a job before you give yourself a headache..all actors who cannot find work migrate to the political arena...end of story!

End of what story? Do you have incipient Alzheimers? What causes all of this incoherent disjointed babbling of yours? Do you have Tourette's?

And....what.....is.....the.....significance......of.....dots.....between.....every....absurd......state.....ment....?
:bsflag:

mattskramer said:
Yep. It is unacceptable to some people. Many thing that are now accepted by the majority were once considered unacceptable. Thankfully we live in a nation that allows, to a large degree, free speech. We even have the right to criticize the views of the majority. Is this a great country or what!! We are also in a Republic were the minority are allowed to vote. Views change and I think that in due time, the views and laws with respect to homosexuality will change.

What does free speech have to do with anything? If you want to stand on the Empire State Building and tell the world you're queer, knock yourself out.

I already made my statement concerning homosexuality being legislated down our throats. When and if homosexuality is acceptable as normal behavior by our society, it won't be worth a plugged nickel.

nucular said:
Yeah let's call each other names-OK, Pinhead who is queerer than a three dollar bill and proves it with every drool splattered stroke of the keyboard.

I dish out what is sent my way. You don't want to be insulted, don't initiate the insults.

Now this nimrod took some rep from me. What's the matter Arch, dish it out but can't take it? That's kind of a sissy, wimpy, effeminate way of dealing with things. Wait a minute, those are some of the traits you attribute to gays. End of story!

mattskramer said:
Good comeback. I thought that blatant name-calling was not allowed. Let it go. It merely reveals the character and class of the name-caller.

I happen to LIKE his character.. It's quite amusing at times. :D

nucular said:
End of what story? Do you have incipient Alzheimers? What causes all of this incoherent disjointed babbling of yours? Do you have Tourette's?

And....what.....is.....the.....significance......of.....dots.....between.....every....absurd......state.....ment....?
:bsflag:

you are starting to bore me...and the dots are proper when shortening sentences to a comment such as !!!!!!!!! :banned:

archangel said:

Your calling Nucular and "Idiot" was immature. He knows who he is. Also, people here do not need you to inform them about other people. They can judge for themselves the level of a member's intelligence. I post message about homosexuality. I posted message about Islam. That does not make me an Islamic homosexual. No. My comment about having Muslim was in reply to your comment that if they (Muslims) ever got a hold of me they would cut off both of his heads. Your presumptuous and erroneous comments are laughable. I have a career. I have had it for a long time.

GunnyL said:
In the context of this argument, I would argue that society has not changed all that much. The same people who supported homosexuals in the 70s do it now. Those of us who don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home then, are the same ones now. The percentage of people who believe it to be abnormal behavior couldn't be much higher.

If you are referring to the fact that hanging fags from the nearest tree is a hate crime, and no longer en vogue, I willd raw your attention to the word "crime", and the fact that "tolerance," if you wish to call it that, has been forced upon us via legislation.

Overwhelmingly majorities have supported laws ecluding gays from marriage, but they will be overturned by the first bleeding heart liberal bench legislator they come before.

That isn't society changing. That's our laws being derailed and the will of the majority being circumvented in the name of political correctness.

I would definitely agree for the 70's, 80's etc, but when I'm referring to is generations. Change occurs with new people and new ideas.

Laws are an indicator of society, in almost all instances in history it is a small vocal majority who projects the next change for the majority and soon the minority become to majority. Consider abolutionists in the US in the 18th and 19th century, Bolsheviks in before the creation of the USSR, Jacobites in 18th century France and feminists in the 20th century.

...and that makes sense. We can't expect a majority of a population to ever come to terms with an idea over night, major change logically should indeed begin in a minority, until more people see their point. Some change will die, yes and I would certainly contend that this could very well be one of the moments, but if I was a betting man, and I outlived my generations, I'd bet on acceptance of homosexuals as individuals and in public life.
with a

GunnyL said:
What does free speech have to do with anything? If you want to stand on the Empire State Building and tell the world you're queer, knock yourself out.

I already made my statement concerning homosexuality being legislated down our throats. When and if homosexuality is acceptable as normal behavior by our society, it won't be worth a plugged nickel.

What does free speech have to do with anything?!? Would you be asking that question if you were in the minority? It is one of the things that makes America great. Even if views on homosexuality change, American society will still be of great value.

mattskramer said:
Your calling Nucular and "Idiot" was immature. He knows who he is. Also, people here do not need you to inform them about other people. They can judge for themselves the level of a member's intelligence. I post message about homosexuality. I posted message about Islam. That does not make me an Islamic homosexual. No. My comment about having Muslim was in reply to your comment that if they (Muslims) ever got a hold of me they would cut off both of his heads. Your presumptuous and erroneous comments are laughable. I have a career. I have had it for a long time.

you brought up the Islam/Muslim comments long before I made my comment...also I did not call nucular a "idiot" someone else did...now go back to sleep!

If you cannot post constructively, or without childish name calling, leave this thread alone. Consider this a warning to all. Please get back to the original topic.

archangel said:
you brought up the Islam/Muslim comments long before I made my comment...also I did not call nucular a "idiot" someone else did...now go back to sleep!

Okay. You got me on a petty and minor technicality or two. Still I made my point. Just because I post messages about Islam and homosexuality, it does not mean that I am an Islamic homosexual. Also, I have a job.

Isaac Brock said:
I would definitely agree for the 70's, 80's etc, but when I'm referring to is generations. Change occurs with new people and new ideas.

Laws are an indicator of society, in almost all instances in history it is a small vocal majority who projects the next change for the majority and soon the minority become to majority. Consider abolutionists in the US in the 18th and 19th century, Bolsheviks in before the creation of the USSR, Jacobites in 18th century France and feminists in the 20th century.

...and that makes sense. We can't expect a majority of a population to ever come to terms with an idea over night, major change logically should indeed begin in a minority, until more people see their point. Some change will die, yes and I would certainly contend that this could very well be one of the moments, but if I was a betting man, and I outlived my generations, I'd bet on acceptance of homosexuals as individuals and in public life.
with a

I can agree with the premise of your statement. My reference was more in line with the 70's to present. I cannot predict the future with certainty, and do not much speculate on what American society will and won't accept. As stated previously, what we "accept" is forced upon is more in the present and past 10-15 years than in times previous.

Some change is inevitable because common sense and/or logic finally clicks. Homosexuality defies logic and common sense, and so the percentages reflect. 80+% believe homosexuality is abnormal, and I doubt it's ever been much higher than that.

But a betting man would put his money on the vocal minority and politically correct shoving "acceptance" down the majority's throats. THAT, is not acceptance, IMO. It is abuse of our laws.

mattskramer said:
What does free speech have to do with anything?!? Would you be asking that question if you were in the minority? It is one of the things that makes America great. Even if views on homosexuality change, American society will still be of great value.

Exactly. What DOES free speech have to do with anything? I don't care what you do within the privacy of your own home as long as no one is being abused.

The "free speech" only applies to those that want to flaunt their abnormal lifestyle in everyone's faces.

It makes America great when used correctly. When abused, it gives nutjobs and in this case abnormal people an avenue to shove their disgusting behavior down everyone's throats.

Forum List

Back