Gay Parents Ready Kids for White House Easter Egg Roll

i want a white pride religiously based easter egg hunt on the white house law

i also want the bible taught along side gay pride books...

we do want our children to learn acceptance and tollerance of all

group hug-----> :huddle:

Rico said:
Bill of Rights.. I can see it now
Amendment 1. Congress shall make no law abridging the rights of homosexuals to do whatever they wish, no matter how unnatural, and the people shall not judge them accordingly.

That ought to do it.. The little darlings will be free to scamper to and fro and do as they please without judgement from the evil narrow minded heterosexuals.

Only the offspring of those making less than $9 per hour, without papers should be allowed to 'hunt for eggs.' The rest of the kiddies should be shot, for they offer nothing regarding the future.

Kathianne said:
Big Deal? Why wouldn't 'parent's' want their 'kids' to be just 'kids'? Not, kids of identifiable 'gay' parents? What IS the point, if the point is 'fairness' and 'inclusion'?

The point is gay parents have been marginalised. They are not the ones who made a big deal out of being parents initially. It was the conservative right wing who objected to them being parents. Maybe if the right wing hadn't, they wouldn't feel the need to do what they do...

dmp said:
I look at those kids and wonder if they were better off dead than living in an environment which will kill their very souls. :(
The kids don't know. So what is the end result?

Kathianne said:
Only the offspring of those making less than $9 per hour, without papers should be allowed to 'hunt for eggs.' The rest of the kiddies should be shot, for they offer nothing regarding the future.

won't do"? I've got to get these walks of employment categorized so that I don't mistakenly complete a task better accomplished by one of our sacred "guest workers".

mattskramer said:
Please explain what you mean by unifying symbol. I never said that it was a unifying symbol. Since you bring it up, I suppose that it is unifying in the sense that the gay parents are presenting a unified message. The gay parents, their different dress distinguishing them from straight parents for the sake of on-lookers, and their kids can engage in fun Easter activity. Straight parents can engage in fun Easter activity too. Yet, if the gay parents did not use unusual dress then it would be more difficult for onlookers to realize that these are gay parents. Therefore, to present the message that gay parents and kids can have Easter fun just as straight parents and kids can, the gay parents needed to find a way to distinguish themselves for the viewing audience. Hence the unusual dress. Again, I say – Big deal.
The parents say they won't carry signs or chant slogans, but will wear rainbow-colored leis as a unifying symbol.

The ARTICLE stated as such. An Easter egg hunt is not the time or place to hang a sign on yourself that identifies your sexual preference.

Any parents who uses any kid to advance their "agenda" should be ashamed.

It's an Easter Egg hunt at the White House. If the parents truly loved their children more than anything else; they wouldn't use it to proclaim anything.

How about the parents showing some class? How about the parents just being parents and sharing a memorable and fun time with their kids?

If they want to be treated like any other sets of parents, then act like it.

"I'm Queer, I'm Here, Watch My Kids Hunt Easter Eggs!"

How stupid is that?

dmp said:
Read it again, if you have trouble. Go word-by-word. :) Makes it easier.

Oh, I read it all right. Just trying to ascertain what you meant by it. How would it "kill" them. It is important that a parent is a good parent, not what their sexual orientation is....

Dr Grump said:
But they aren't treated like any other set of parents are they?

I will also reference a website for you .

www.hop.com

I said...want to be treated.....

If they want to be equal..then act equal when given the opportunity.

Don't use a national, traditional event for CHILDREN to further your agenda.

There is a time and a place for everything.

The Easter Egg Roll at the White House isn't it.

GotZoom said:
I will also reference a website for you .

www.hop.com

I said...want to be treated.....

If they want to be equal..then act equal when given the opportunity.

Don't use a national, traditional event for CHILDREN to further your agenda.

There is a time and a place for everything.

The Easter Egg Roll at the White House isn't it.

Thanks for the link!! I really needed it :clap:

As for wanting to be treated the same, it's the chicken and the egg scenario IMO...

And I agree, the WH is the wrong place to do it...

Dr Grump said:
Thanks for the link!! I really needed it :clap:

As for wanting to be treated the same, it's the chicken and the egg scenario IMO...

And I agree, the WH is the wrong place to do it...

I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing. But perhaps they chose the WH because of the severe anti-gay stance taken by the pres?

jillian said:
I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing. But perhaps they chose the WH because of the severe anti-gay stance taken by the pres?

Surely you aren't suggesting that this, too, is the government's fault?

GotZoom said:
Surely you aren't suggesting that this, too, is the government's fault?

I said I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing whether the WH is the appropriate place for this, because I don't really have an opinion on it. I simply suggested that perhaps they chose the WH because of the presidents stance on gays.

Are you saying that the pres isn't responsible for his own position on the issue?

jillian said:
I said I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing whether the WH is the appropriate place for this, because I don't really have an opinion on it. I simply suggested that perhaps they chose the WH because of the presidents stance on gays.

Are you saying that the pres isn't responsible for his own position on the issue?

Right. And he is the only one in the country with that position.

Tomorrow is all about publicity. Nothing more.

From: http://www.familypride.org/site/pp.asp?c=bhKPI7PFImE&b=992293

It's time to claim our place at the table.

With your help, on April 17th 2006, our nation will see hundreds of LGBT families filling the White House lawn, rolling easter eggs side by side with our fellow citizens. There is no more powerful way to change the national discussion around our families and our rights than to introduce ourselves to our neighbors on a grand scale. Join us in making history, having fun and showing off our amazing families to the country!

White House Egg Roll Facts & FAQ

* The National Park Service will distribute free tickets on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 7:30am on Saturday, April 15, 2006.
* A maximum of five tickets will be issued per person.
* Children of all ages can attend but there must be at least one child seven years old or younger and no more than two adults per group.
* Ticket holders are admitted to the South Lawn of the White House between 8am and 2pm on April 17.
* Groups of about 250-500 ticket holders are admitted at 15-minute intervals.
* We need to be in line by Friday evening to be the first ones on the White House lawn so we can maximize our impact.

FAQ

Is this a protest?

No, this is a celebration of our families. We want to give our fellow citizens the opportunity to see us as real families, participating in a great American tradition on the White House lawn, rather than protesting from the sidelines.

How do I get tickets?

In order to get tickets, one adult needs to stand in line beginning on Friday evening at around 8pm. Tickets will be distributed early Saturday morning. Each adult can get up to five tickets, so only one family member need wait in line.

I can't stand in line - can I still participate?

Yes. We are securing volunteers to stand in line. If you know someone that can stand in line for you, please let us know and we will use those folks to collect tickets.

What happens if it rains?

If it's raining on the morning of the event, the National Park Service makes a determination about whether to close the event. In the last three years, despite rain, the first hour of the event has always been held. Our goal is to be in the first four contingents that are admitted to the White House Lawn.

I can't afford a hotel - what do I do?

We are working with the local DC LGBT parenting community to find volunteers to provide housing. Please indicate if you need housing when you register.

Once we're on the lawn, how will they know that we're an LGBT family?

Family Pride will be hosting a pre-Easter Egg Roll gathering on Monday morning where we will give out T-shirts to everyone participating. The T-shirts will have a non-political message about our families but will clearly identify us as LGBT parents and families.

Will the media be there?

The White House Easter Egg Roll always has TV media and photographers on hand.

Do you expect any reaction from the White House?

We believe if the Administration learns of this action too early, they could close the event to the public making it an invitation only event. There is a slim chance that on the day of the event the White House could prohibit our families from participating. In that event, we will gather together as a group as close to the media as possible to share our story. We are a family organization and under no circumstance will we intentionally put our families at risk.

GotZoom said:
Right. And he is the only one in the country with that position.

Tomorrow is all about publicity. Nothing more.

From: http://www.familypride.org/site/pp.asp?c=bhKPI7PFImE&b=992293

It's time to claim our place at the table.

With your help, on April 17th 2006, our nation will see hundreds of LGBT families filling the White House lawn, rolling easter eggs side by side with our fellow citizens. There is no more powerful way to change the national discussion around our families and our rights than to introduce ourselves to our neighbors on a grand scale. Join us in making history, having fun and showing off our amazing families to the country!

White House Egg Roll Facts & FAQ

* The National Park Service will distribute free tickets on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 7:30am on Saturday, April 15, 2006.
* A maximum of five tickets will be issued per person.
* Children of all ages can attend but there must be at least one child seven years old or younger and no more than two adults per group.
* Ticket holders are admitted to the South Lawn of the White House between 8am and 2pm on April 17.
* Groups of about 250-500 ticket holders are admitted at 15-minute intervals.
* We need to be in line by Friday evening to be the first ones on the White House lawn so we can maximize our impact.

FAQ

Is this a protest?

No, this is a celebration of our families. We want to give our fellow citizens the opportunity to see us as real families, participating in a great American tradition on the White House lawn, rather than protesting from the sidelines.

How do I get tickets?

In order to get tickets, one adult needs to stand in line beginning on Friday evening at around 8pm. Tickets will be distributed early Saturday morning. Each adult can get up to five tickets, so only one family member need wait in line.

I can't stand in line - can I still participate?

Yes. We are securing volunteers to stand in line. If you know someone that can stand in line for you, please let us know and we will use those folks to collect tickets.

What happens if it rains?

If it's raining on the morning of the event, the National Park Service makes a determination about whether to close the event. In the last three years, despite rain, the first hour of the event has always been held. Our goal is to be in the first four contingents that are admitted to the White House Lawn.

I can't afford a hotel - what do I do?

We are working with the local DC LGBT parenting community to find volunteers to provide housing. Please indicate if you need housing when you register.

Once we're on the lawn, how will they know that we're an LGBT family?

Family Pride will be hosting a pre-Easter Egg Roll gathering on Monday morning where we will give out T-shirts to everyone participating. The T-shirts will have a non-political message about our families but will clearly identify us as LGBT parents and families.

Will the media be there?

The White House Easter Egg Roll always has TV media and photographers on hand.

Do you expect any reaction from the White House?

We believe if the Administration learns of this action too early, they could close the event to the public making it an invitation only event. There is a slim chance that on the day of the event the White House could prohibit our families from participating. In that event, we will gather together as a group as close to the media as possible to share our story. We are a family organization and under no circumstance will we intentionally put our families at risk.

All that kind of fits with my observation that it could be a slap at the pres' position. And in answer to your question, no, he's not the only one who feels that way....doesn't make it right. There are people who are also racist or anti-semitic, or anti-catholic....doesn't make those people right either just because they band together to advance an agenda....just means they have an opinion.

Forum List

Back