Gay Parents Ready Kids for White House Easter Egg Roll

jillian said:
All that kind of fits with my observation that it could be a slap at the pres' position. And in answer to your question, no, he's not the only one who feels that way....doesn't make it right. There are people who are also racist or anti-semitic, or anti-catholic....doesn't make those people right either just because they band together to advance an agenda....just means they have an opinion.

Funny...I don't see the President or his postion mentioned anywhere in their fact sheet.

GotZoom said:
Funny...I don't see the President or his postion mentioned anywhere in their fact sheet.

Why would they have to? It's a given and they all know that, no? I mean...when the president takes a position in favor of amending the constitution to restrict an individual right, instead of expanding individual rights for the first time since prohibition, I figure the people who are the targets of those efforts are pretty aware of it.

By the way, homosexuals aren't "made" or "influenced" into being gay...they're born that way.

OCA said:
Since it is common knowledge that it takes a male and a female make a parental unit shouldn't the homosexual lifestyle choice perversionists be considered chaperones and if so who's child are they chaperoning?

Simple logic and bilolgy will tell you that two people of the same sex cannot produce an offspring.

No. Really? Have you ever heard of sperm banks, surrogate mothers, or adoptions – and, yes, chaperoning.

OCA said:
Anyway the homosexual lifestyle choice perversionists(forward it will be referred to as HLCP for those of you who are new) who are camping out are all wearing some sort of clothing item with the rainbow crap on it of their illegitimate movement, so the question is: if they so want to just meld in and be a part of normal society why do they always feel the need to standout seperately?

Perversion is in the eye of the beholder. I think that smoking is a perversion. I already explained why gays “feel the need to stand out”. Many people with different causes feel the need to stand out until their cause (whether it is a choice or a biological condition) is recognized as legitimate and okay.

OCA said:
Aha I have the answer.......because all of their just wanting special rights and their showing up at this and at that is nothing more than a ploy, just like the marriage issue all they want is for us to legitimize their perversion of choice.

That depends on how you define special rights. Is the right to marry the consenting adult of your choice a special right or an equal right?

OCA said:
Glad to see the board fencesitter and jellyfish is active again. I thought maybe I went a little overboard in the ass whippings I have laid upon you in the past. You gonna try and equate queer choice with smoking or being lefthanded again? ROTFLMFAO!

How is your fence-sitting about drugs going? Where do you draw the line – cigarettes – at what age, cigars – at what age – why not at one year younger, pipes, marijuana, mushrooms, cocaine, heroine? It sure looks like fence sitting to me.

Oh yeah. I forgot, you chicked out of telling me if people should be allowed to own bazookas --- why. Oh yeah – I couldn’t give you an example of a private citizen having one. Oh well. Don’t give you a hypothetical. Jellyfish indeed. Ha ha ha.

Ass whippings?!? Hmmm. Oh. Keep dreaming. You see. I have a life outside of the Internet. That is why I have been away so long – A family, careers, commitments, real relationships.

OCA said:
Anyway I caught a thread you were involved in not too long ago where you actually condoned child molestation in some instances, what did you say? Due to past trauma or situation the victimizer might have been in or conditioned to that from which he would not know better? Nice try at fencesitting again Matts but to me from here forward i'm gonna consider you an at risk personality for committing pedophilia. I than the lord everyday that we live nowhere near you, in fact I should probably notify your local police to keep an eye on you. Sick, absolutely fucking sick.

Yes. I gave a highly unusual scenario in which I though that child molestation would be justified. Otherwise, everyone in the family, including the child, would have been killed. Will you give a straight answer to this situation? Would you have condoned it?
Oh. It is a hypothetical scenario and, like with the bazooka question, you don’t do those. That is simply jellyfish of you as far as I’m concerned. Finally, sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me.

jillian said:
Why would they have to? It's a given and they all know that, no? I mean...when the president takes a position in favor of amending the constitution to restrict an individual right, instead of expanding individual rights for the first time since prohibition, I figure the people who are the targets of those efforts are pretty aware of it.

By the way, homosexuals aren't "made" or "influenced" into being gay...they're born that way.

Once again, if they want to further their agenda of "acceptance" then they shouldn't do something to stand out.

If they are "normal" too, then act it.

And..."they're born that way"... will get much debate.

GotZoom said:
Once again, if they want to further their agenda of "acceptance" then they shouldn't do something to stand out.

If they are "normal" too, then act it.

And..."they're born that way"... will get much debate.

If they're normal, they should be treated that way and not have people try to pretend they aren't families.

And the "they're born that way" thing...pretty well settled by science. If you know many gay people, then you know they knew who they were as far back as their toddlerhood.... Though to be candid, I also had one gay man tell me he thought it was a combination of nurture and nature.

GotZoom said:
Any parents who uses any kid to advance their "agenda" should be ashamed.

It's an Easter Egg hunt at the White House. If the parents truly loved their children more than anything else; they wouldn't use it to proclaim anything.

How about the parents showing some class? How about the parents just being parents and sharing a memorable and fun time with their kids?

If they want to be treated like any other sets of parents, then act like it.

"I'm Queer, I'm Here, Watch My Kids Hunt Easter Eggs!"

How stupid is that?
If I had kids, I'd go just to go. It's supposed to be fun, nothing uber weird or political.

Here is my issue with gay and lesbian couples with children choosing to use the White House Easter Egg Hunt to make a political statement about how they are just like everyone else....

Everyone else doesn't take their children to Easter Egg Hunts as a means to discuss their sexual orientation and put out publicly whether or not that sexual orientation is normal.

These parents are using their children to gain publicity. They have chosen a very public and very traditional event NOT because of the fun their children might have there, but because there will be press photographing this event and it happens to take place on the White House lawn, President Bush's backyard...to deny this is to demonstrate either absolutely astounding naivete or blatant blindness to the issue.

Do these parents have the right to bring their children to the egg hunt? Of course. Do they have the right to wear whatever clothes they want? Of course. However these types of stunts are always going to backfire.

You can not prove how normal you are by doing something (i.e. bringing your children to an event for the specific purpose of being photographed with them doing "normal" things, while wearing clothing identifying yourself as "different" from everyone else) abnormal and expecting people to say, "Gee...now that you did something blatantly political that most normal familes would NEVER do...I now see how normal you really are."

To use an excuse like, "politicians bring their kids on the campaign trail," is silliness. Yes, people do things and use children for political reasons all the time...and just like we roll our eyes at them we can roll our eyes at this blatant publicity stunt and wonder what taking your kids to an Easter Egg Hunt in order to make a point about your sexual orientation says about these people's idea of "normal."

It would have been "normal," for a family to take their children to an Easter Egg Hunt - two women and their children, two men and their children - wearing whatever they normally wear - there because they thought it would be fun for their kids to go to the Easter Egg Hunt on the White House Lawn...

Holding press conferences, planning political events, calling for press to cover the event, counting on the media to bring awareness to your "issue"...all of these are NOT normal ways to enjoy an outing with your family.

Gem said:
Here is my issue with gay and lesbian couples with children choosing to use the White House Easter Egg Hunt to make a political statement about how they are just like everyone else....

Everyone else doesn't take their children to Easter Egg Hunts as a means to discuss their sexual orientation and put out publicly whether or not that sexual orientation is normal.

These parents are using their children to gain publicity. They have chosen a very public and very traditional event NOT because of the fun their children might have there, but because there will be press photographing this event and it happens to take place on the White House lawn, President Bush's backyard...to deny this is to demonstrate either absolutely astounding naivete or blatant blindness to the issue.

Do these parents have the right to bring their children to the egg hunt? Of course. Do they have the right to wear whatever clothes they want? Of course. However these types of stunts are always going to backfire.

You can not prove how normal you are by doing something (i.e. bringing your children to an event for the specific purpose of being photographed with them doing "normal" things, while wearing clothing identifying yourself as "different" from everyone else) abnormal and expecting people to say, "Gee...now that you did something blatantly political that most normal familes would NEVER do...I now see how normal you really are."

To use an excuse like, "politicians bring their kids on the campaign trail," is silliness. Yes, people do things and use children for political reasons all the time...and just like we roll our eyes at them we can roll our eyes at this blatant publicity stunt and wonder what taking your kids to an Easter Egg Hunt in order to make a point about your sexual orientation says about these people's idea of "normal."

It would have been "normal," for a family to take their children to an Easter Egg Hunt - two women and their children, two men and their children - wearing whatever they normally wear - there because they thought it would be fun for their kids to go to the Easter Egg Hunt on the White House Lawn...

Holding press conferences, planning political events, calling for press to cover the event, counting on the media to bring awareness to your "issue"...all of these are NOT normal ways to enjoy an outing with your family.

Yes, they're using their children to gain publicity. And I'm not sure how I feel about the use of this forum. But truth is that every group that has had to fight for its rights and against hatred has done the same. It's peaceful and hurts no one.

Gay and lesbian families have been very threatened by the overt hostility from this white house and its supporters and what better way to remind the powers that be that these are human beings they are dealing with than to show themselves as family units whose kids like Easter Eggs like everyone else's?

mattskramer said:
Oh Pleaseee. How phony can you be? The guys are treating their kids to an Easter activity and they are trying to communicate that families can consist of healthy gay parents and children. What is your real problem with this? Are the kids going to be traumatized later in life? “What! My dad used me for a political purpose!?! Oh. I shall never recover.” Hardly. It is more likely that the kids will look back and be thankful that their parents thought so much about them to take them to such an activity. Let’s get real. You simply object to gays being presented in a fun and positive activity.

Kids are used left and right for political causes – From the way they are positioned for a candidate’s photo opportunity or televised speech to the way they are dragged on flag-waving marches. This Easter activity is much to do about nothing so get off your outrageous high horse.

I'm sorry matt,but an Easter egg hunt at the White House is not the time or the place to flaunt your sexuality. Why do we need to know anyway? Who cares? I believe their need to 'show' everyone that they are gay is what fuels the fire against them. Do heterosexuals show up at different events wearing their proud to love men,or proud to love women shirts?

WHY do we HAVE to know who someone is sleeping with? At event like this,most parents are probably just excited to be at the White House and trying to keep track of their kids. NOT worrying or caring about the fact that Jane and Sue are proud to be gay. If they are trying to send some kind of messsage to the President,well,I'm willing to bet he won't really give a squat.

mattskramer said:
Please explain what you mean by unifying symbol. I never said that it was a unifying symbol. Since you bring it up, I suppose that it is unifying in the sense that the gay parents are presenting a unified message. The gay parents, their different dress distinguishing them from straight parents for the sake of on-lookers, and their kids can engage in fun Easter activity. Straight parents can engage in fun Easter activity too. Yet, if the gay parents did not use unusual dress then it would be more difficult for onlookers to realize that these are gay parents. Therefore, to present the message that gay parents and kids can have Easter fun just as straight parents and kids can, the gay parents needed to find a way to distinguish themselves for the viewing audience. Hence the unusual dress. Again, I say – Big deal.

You just supported everyone's argument and shot yours down. What part of "it's about the kids" don't you get?

Straight parents aren't all wearing shirts that say "Straight Couple" on them.

Quite simply and in your own words, the homos are hijacking an activity for children to make a political statement.

Dr Grump said:
The point is gay parents have been marginalised. They are not the ones who made a big deal out of being parents initially. It was the conservative right wing who objected to them being parents. Maybe if the right wing hadn't, they wouldn't feel the need to do what they do...

Basically man should be allowed to do whatever he pleases no matter how unnatural or morally bankrupt it is, nice thought.

BTW two people of the same sex no matter how you slice it cannot produce offspring so therefore they cannot be parents.

OCA said:
BTW two people of the same sex no matter how you slice it cannot produce offspring so therefore they cannot be parents.

Awwww. So much for adoption centers, sperm banks, and surrogate motherhood.

mattskramer said:
No. Really? Have you ever heard of sperm banks, surrogate mothers, or adoptions – and, yes, chaperoning.

Unnatural, just like two people of the same sex having sex. These situations should only be used in extreme circumstances by HETEROSEXUAL(normal, natural) parents. Queers should not be allowed to parent until they reject the queer lifestyle and take an opposite sex partner. The child would be better off dead than with queer parents and all that they bring with them.

mattskramer said:
Awwww. So much for adoption centers, sperm banks, and surrogate motherhood.

God willing there will be laws outlawing queer parentage by any means. I mean lets do the right thing in America for once.

Oh, well. We’ve gone through this before. The bottom line is that people draw the line as they please for whatever subjective personal reason. You may allow things that I think should be illegal. I would allow things that you think are illegal.

Getting back to the story – Guys dress up to distinguish themselves at an Easter event at the White House – I still think that it is no big deal and that it is the conservatives that are blowing this out of proportion – making a mountain out of a mole hill. Oh no. Identifiable gays are having an Easter activity at the White House – the horror. Our society is ruined. Our lives will never be the same. What will become of us? The sky is falling Yeah – whatever.

At any rate, Happy Easter.

mattskramer said:
OCA said:
How is your fence-sitting about drugs going? Where do you draw the line – cigarettes – at what age, cigars – at what age – why not at one year younger, pipes, marijuana, mushrooms, cocaine, heroine? It sure looks like fence sitting to me.

Oh yeah. I forgot, you chicked out of telling me if people should be allowed to own bazookas --- why. Oh yeah – I couldn’t give you an example of a private citizen having one. Oh well. Don’t give you a hypothetical. Jellyfish indeed. Ha ha ha.

I have a life outside of the Internet. That is why I have been away so long – A family, careers, commitments, real relationships.

Yes. I gave a highly unusual scenario in which I though that child molestation would be justified. Otherwise, everyone in the family, including the child, would have been killed. Will you give a straight answer to this situation? Would you have condoned it?

Lol fencesitting about drugs? Only people insecure in themselves use drugs, losers in other words, and no cigarettes and cigars and alcohol I do not consider "dangerous" drugs like heroin etc. etc.. Your argument is a strawman and another example of you unwilling to take a solid position other than to say "as long as it doesn't bother anyone else" moral relativism.

Bazookas??????????????? LMFAO!

A life? Oh you mean you finally told your wife that yes you are queer and went to that pole smoker you fantasized about long ago?

No, I do not condone child molestation in any situation, that you even thought up a situation where its ok with you is a sure sign of an unbalanced mind.

jillian said:
Yes, they're using their children to gain publicity. And I'm not sure how I feel about the use of this forum. But truth is that every group that has had to fight for its rights and against hatred has done the same. It's peaceful and hurts no one.

What other group fought for equal rights by using children? I must have missed that history class.

OCA said:
Basically man should be allowed to do whatever he pleases no matter how unnatural or morally bankrupt it is, nice thought..

Absolutely. It's nobody's business but their own. Anything else is just bigotry IMO. BTW, homosexuality has been practised since the dawn of time. Define unnatural?

OCA said:
mattskramer said:

Unnatural, just like two people of the same sex having sex. These situations should only be used in extreme circumstances by HETEROSEXUAL(normal, natural) parents. Queers should not be allowed to parent until they reject the queer lifestyle and take an opposite sex partner. The child would be better off dead than with queer parents and all that they bring with them.

I know plenty of straight couples who no longer have sex with each other. I consider that unnatural. What's more unnatural, straights who don't have sex, or gays who have sex?

Dr Grump said:
Absolutely. It's nobody's business but their own. Anything else is just bigotry IMO. BTW, homosexuality has been practised since the dawn of time. Define unnatural?

Check the parts sparky, square peg in a round hole.

Hey murder has been practiced since the dawn of time also, can I do that if it doesn't offend you?

Bigotry LMFAO! There's that sorry argument again here for about the 1000th time.

Forum List

Back