Gay Parents Ready Kids for White House Easter Egg Roll

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CrimsonWhite, Apr 13, 2006.

1. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191665,00.html

I'm all for homosexuals working for equal rights, but this is bullshit. If they make this about anyhing other than the children, then they should be ashamed of themselves. Teh fact that they are wearing a "unifying symbol" makes this an organized peaceful protest. This means they are using the children as political pawns and that is bullshit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I agree. If it's really all about the kids, lose the rainbow-leis and wear the same clothes regular parents wear.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Absolutely!!

4. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Oh Pleaseee. How phony can you be? The guys are treating their kids to an Easter activity and they are trying to communicate that families can consist of healthy gay parents and children. What is your real problem with this? Are the kids going to be traumatized later in life? “What! My dad used me for a political purpose!?! Oh. I shall never recover.” Hardly. It is more likely that the kids will look back and be thankful that their parents thought so much about them to take them to such an activity. Let’s get real. You simply object to gays being presented in a fun and positive activity.

Kids are used left and right for political causes – From the way they are positioned for a candidate’s photo opportunity or televised speech to the way they are dragged on flag-waving marches. This Easter activity is much to do about nothing so get off your outrageous high horse.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Please explain to me how dressing differently than the hetero parents is a
    unifying symbol.

6. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    So, its okay to use children for political gain? "Everybody else does it" isn't a valid response.

7. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Yadda yadda yadda. Your double standard reminds me of the “Piss Christ” exhibit and the NEAcontroversy. Where was the uproar when the NEA supported pro-Christian art? Likewise, where was the uproar when kids were used for other political causes that you may support?

Do you remember the video of a kid yawning and stretching behind Bush while Bush was giving some type of political speech? It was a funny scene. That kid exhibited every sign of being bored, and sleepy. Did you cry, “foul” at that video? Did you say that it was not right to subject the child to that? I seriously doubt it.

Again, this particular issue is a big to do about nothing. Kids enjoying an Easter activity with their parents dressed in an unusual fashion. I doubt that those kids were yawning, stretching, and showing disinterest - Big freaking deal.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Matt??? Answer ???

9. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Please explain what you mean by unifying symbol. I never said that it was a unifying symbol. Since you bring it up, I suppose that it is unifying in the sense that the gay parents are presenting a unified message. The gay parents, their different dress distinguishing them from straight parents for the sake of on-lookers, and their kids can engage in fun Easter activity. Straight parents can engage in fun Easter activity too. Yet, if the gay parents did not use unusual dress then it would be more difficult for onlookers to realize that these are gay parents. Therefore, to present the message that gay parents and kids can have Easter fun just as straight parents and kids can, the gay parents needed to find a way to distinguish themselves for the viewing audience. Hence the unusual dress. Again, I say – Big deal.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Big Deal? Why wouldn't 'parent's' want their 'kids' to be just 'kids'? Not, kids of identifiable 'gay' parents? What IS the point, if the point is 'fairness' and 'inclusion'?