Gay marriage advocates, on the wrong track?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BOBO, Jul 12, 2011.

1. BOBO

BOBO The Magnificent!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I can't understand all the commotion about gay marriage in the USA today. I know there is some political motives for it but WHY would the gay community want government as a 3rd party in their personal relationship??? I mean at a time when even the vanilla folks are avoiding government sponsored legal marriage...

U.S. marriage rate continues to decline - UPI.com

...this gay marriage issue seems outta place & outta time.
    In the D/s-B&D/S&M Leather lifestyle Doms/Dommes collar their subs(submissive's) in a collaring ceremony to let other Doms/Dommes know that their collared subs are spoken for, like ... "hands off'. No bogus government documentation, no license, no blood tests, no attorney/divorce costs etc.
    I personally know of one polyamorous bi-Domme that has been in a collared relationship with her 1st sub for 11 years now. Recently(within last 3 years) she collared two more subs. The Domme told me their four combined incomes(they live in one house) totals just over 200,000$. She was laughing when she said... "We hardly pay any taxes because we are not legally married so NO MARRIAGE PENALTY TAX!!!!!!!!!"
    My question is WHY would some in the gay community want to be legally married when it will only beat them up financially & leave them open to the ever present family law attorneys lurking in the future???

2. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    It's the gay agenda to persuade everyone that gays are just like normal people. That's it. Everything else is bullshit ginned up to make this pass. Gays are denied nothing. They are not discriminated against at all. It is all bullshit.

3. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Who gives a fuck ? Do whatever the hell you want , if it doesn't interfere with me. Fine.If it does? It aint pretty.
    WOW. That sounds Wiccan.

4. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,988
    Actually, I wish the courts would just legalize it so this issue will go away.

First, it's probably inevitable. We all accept that there should be no discrimination against gays for jobs, housing, etc. We aren't taking them out and stoning them like the Bible says. DADT was overturned, and no one cared all that much. So inevitably, there will be gay marriage, and no one will think twice about it in 20 years.

Secondly, we've got much bigger fish to fry. Unemployment being at the top of the list.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    BOBO, these people understand that the general public will never accept their lifestyle, so they need the Government to step in and FORCE the public to recognize their immoral and disgusting acts as legitimate forms of activity and not the abhorant act that they truly are. These people are not strong enough in their beliefs to simply say.... "I am who I am, no matter what anyone else thinks." Instead they need the Legal recognition to empower them to continue their deplorable lifestyle.

6. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    1. There is NOTHING more important than Morality. Without morality you could have a 100% employed population and this country would still be worthless.

2. NO, many of us will not accept it.

3. This issue is never going away.

7. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    For the same exact reasons heterosexuals get legally married.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,988
    MOrality is a relative thing. Things that were considered completely immoral 40 years ago, such as couples living together outside of marriage, are considered completely normal now and no one says boo about them.

Sorry, I don't see this as a moral issue. If gay people are programmed by nature to be attracted to their own gender, you might as well let them do it. It would be a lot worse if you had a society that forced them to play at being straight and make themselves and another person fairly miserable.

9. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,988
    Two things I've always noticed about anti-gay posters.

1) They always invoke God when talking about this issue, but ignore all the other things God says are wrong in the Bible.

2) They just can't stop thinking about the mechanics of gay sex, usually describing them in excrutiating detail that would make bad slash fiction in most cases.

Just imagine a vegetarian who can't stop talking about steak, and you know what I'm getting at.

10. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,296
    what is this marriage tax? I've never encountered it, in fact, you pay more in taxes by being single.