Gay marriage advocates, on the wrong track?

I'm informed that most of them are INSISTING on marrigage v civil unions because, despite that law, insurance companies and the like are still dragging their feet about giving civil unions "marriages" the same consideration as more traditional marriages.

I find that rathter difficualt to believe (since civil unions have always been recognized as married) , but that's the reports I'm getting.

'

No, morality is NOT a relative thing. That's the revisionist logic that people have been using for the last century to promote the acceptance of everything from Women's Sufferage to Gay Marriage. These things are not appropriate; regardless of whether society accepts them or not.

Allowing women to vote is immoral?!? :lol:

Life is not and never has been about pleasure, fun, or happiness. It has been and always will be about living a Good, Decent, Proper, and Moral life. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Yeah, don't ya'll know you are supposed to be moral and miserable. :eusa_eh:

What a sad life Anachronism leads...(don't worry, he won't read this...I'm one of the multitudes on his "ignore" list) Ya gotta wonder if there is anyone left for him to debate with...

He/she is here to preach. it wants no debate

BOBO, these people understand that the general public will never accept their lifestyle, so they need the Government to step in and FORCE the public to recognize their immoral and disgusting acts as legitimate forms of activity and not the abhorant act that they truly are. These people are not strong enough in their beliefs to simply say.... "I am who I am, no matter what anyone else thinks." Instead they need the Legal recognition to empower them to continue their deplorable lifestyle.

Nobody forces you to accept anyone. You are free to hate as many people as you wish

What you can't do is force the Government to accomodate your hate

No, morality is NOT a relative thing. That's the revisionist logic that people have been using for the last century to promote the acceptance of everything from Women's Sufferage to Gay Marriage. These things are not appropriate; regardless of whether society accepts them or not.

Life is not and never has been about pleasure, fun, or happiness. It has been and always will be about living a Good, Decent, Proper, and Moral life. Nothing more. Nothing less.

What a sad life Anachronism leads...(don't worry, he won't read this...I'm one of the multitudes on his "ignore" list) Ya gotta wonder if there is anyone left for him to debate with...

Remember that he has never had a girlfriend and is in his mid 30's. That means one of two things, he's either gay or pathetic. I'll let you decide.

Oh I'm on his ignore list too. Weeee!

Remember that he has never had a girlfriend and is in his mid 30's. That means one of two things, he's either gay or pathetic. I'll let you decide.

Oh I'm on his ignore list too. Weeee!

Wow...there's a factoid I didn't know...and probably could have gone on not knowing. Now I see him living in his "apartment" in his mother's basement.

"Norman, you've been a very bad boy"

It's the gay agenda to persuade everyone that gays are just like normal people. That's it. Everything else is bullshit ginned up to make this pass. Gays are denied nothing. They are not discriminated against at all. It is all bullshit.

We are normal people. However, people like you do your best to relegate us to some 2nd class citizenship status.

I can't understand all the commotion about gay marriage in the USA today. I know there is some political motives for it but WHY would the gay community want government as a 3rd party in their personal relationship??? I mean at a time when even the vanilla folks are avoiding government sponsored legal marriage...

U.S. marriage rate continues to decline - UPI.com

...this gay marriage issue seems outta place & outta time.
[...]
My question is WHY would some in the gay community want to be legally married when it will only beat them up financially & leave them open to the ever present family law attorneys lurking in the future???

For the same exact reasons heterosexuals get legally married.

To be hen pecked and miserable?

Morality is a relative thing. Things that were considered completely immoral 40 years ago, such as couples living together outside of marriage, are considered completely normal now and no one says boo about them.

Sorry, I don't see this as a moral issue. If gay people are programmed by nature to be attracted to their own gender, you might as well let them do it. It would be a lot worse if you had a society that forced them to play at being straight and make themselves and another person fairly miserable.

These people are no more programmed by nature to be this way than a pit bull is programmed by nature to bite a child's face off. There may be hints to it in the genetic code, but these people are simply being allowed to act in an inappropriate manner and in fact are being taught that their Wrong way of doing things is acceptable.

That's right...you're against the Equality of Women too. :lol::lol::lol:

I can't understand all the commotion about gay marriage in the USA today. I know there is some political motives for it but WHY would the gay community want government as a 3rd party in their personal relationship??? I mean at a time when even the vanilla folks are avoiding government sponsored legal marriage...

U.S. marriage rate continues to decline - UPI.com

...this gay marriage issue seems outta place & outta time.
[...]
My question is WHY would some in the gay community want to be legally married when it will only beat them up financially & leave them open to the ever present family law attorneys lurking in the future???

For the same exact reasons heterosexuals get legally married.

To be hen pecked and miserable?

I'm sure that will happen in some cases...that's what equality is about, the good and the bad.

I'm informed that most of them are INSISTING on marrigage v civil unions because, despite that law, insurance companies and the like are still dragging their feet about giving civil unions "marriages" the same consideration as more traditional marriages.

I find that rathter difficualt to believe (since civil unions have always been recognized as married) , but that's the reports I'm getting.

'

If Civil Unions were the same as Marriages, there would be no problem. They are not because they are not treated as the same.

'

If Civil Unions were the same as Marriages, there would be no problem. They are not because they are not treated as the same.

OK, a question. If I get married in a church by a priest, that's considered a marriage. If I get married by a justice of the peace, is that a marrage or a civil union?

I just think equal rights are best.

The best case scenario is getting government out of all religions and letting churches and private companies (insurance, banks etc) determine if they want to recognize one.

The 2nd best is recognizing all marriages between consenting adults.

[and here comes Rabbi with his "gays can marry any straight person they want to" argument, pure entertainment :)]

Let me challenge you for the 375th time: What rights do straight people have that gay people do not have?
As many times as you lose this exchange, you still believe you are right. Are you mental?

The best case scenario is getting government out of all religions and letting churches and private companies (insurance, banks etc) determine if they want to recognize one.

[and here comes Rabbi with his "gays can marry any straight person they want to" argument, pure entertainment :)]

Let me challenge you for the 375th time: What rights do straight people have that gay people do not have?
As many times as you lose this exchange, you still believe you are right. Are you mental?

Let me respond with the exact same response I provided the other 374 times.

Gays can't marry the healthy consenting adult that they love, which straights can.

Yes, the person who says gays can marry any straight person they want is the one who everyone recognizes as the intellectual authority on this board.

It's the gay agenda to persuade everyone that gays are just like normal people. That's it. Everything else is bullshit ginned up to make this pass. Gays are denied nothing. They are not discriminated against at all. It is all bullshit.

We are normal people. However, people like you do your best to relegate us to some 2nd class citizenship status.

Really?
What are the rates of AIDS in the gay vs straight population? What is the rate of promiscuity in the gay vs straight population? What is the rate of drug/alcohol/substance abuse in the gay vs straight population?
We could go on and on. But the homosexual practices the "gay deathstyle"
No one is relegated to second class. There is not a single right available to straight people that is not available to gay people.
Another canard. Will you ever learn?

Gays can't marry the healthy consenting adult that they love, which straights can.

Yes, the person who says gays can marry any straight person they want is the one who everyone recognizes as the intellectual authority on this board.

Gays have exactly the same rights to marry other people that straight people do. Quit pretending otherwise.

Gays have exactly the same rights to marry other people that straight people do. Quit pretending otherwise.

They can't marry the healthy consenting adult they love, for the 376th time, like straights do.

I just wish you'd change your style and try honesty for a change. Just say you don't like guys, that's why you don't want gays to have equal rights. It'd be a lot easier to take you seriously then.

Just get government out of marriage. I am shocked conservatives insist on having government interfere with their own private heterosexual marriage practices.

Just get government out of marriage. I am shocked conservatives insist on having government interfere with their own private heterosexual marriage practices.

Do you also want government out of divorce, child custody, inheritance, bankruptcy, real estate and about half a dozen other areas where marriage law intrudes?

Forum List

Back