Gay Gene Found?

Would be very interesting to see the reaction if a Gay gene is actually found someday.

Yes, it would. I figure it is almost as likely as finding out the Earth is really flat.

Simple statement of fact, if sexual preference is genetic mono zygotic twins would always have the same preference because they have the same genes.

Eight major studies of identical twins in Australia, the U.S., and Scandinavia during the last two decades all arrive at the same conclusion: gays were not born that way. “At best genetics is a minor factor,” says Dr. Neil Whitehead, PhD. Whitehead worked for the New Zealand government as a scientific researcher for 24 years, then spent four years working for the United Nations and International Atomic Energy Agency. Most recently, he serves as a consultant to Japanese universities about the effects of radiation exposure. His PhD is in biochemistry and statistics.
Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay.
“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”
Because identical twins are always genetically identical, homosexuality cannot be genetically dictated. “No-one is born gay,” he notes. “The predominant things that create homosexuality in one identical twin and not in the other have to be post-birth factors.”

Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic | OrthodoxNet.com Blog

In other words, I ain't going to hold my breath. Feel free to continue to live in a land where wishful thinking trumps science, you will fit right in with the people who insist that the planet is not getting warmer, the drooling idiots that insist that vaccines cause autism, the assholes that think GMOs are dangerous, and the brain dead nincompoops that believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old. At least you will be able to converse with people that match you intellectually.

That study has been soundly debunked. Know one knows the genes used in expressing human sexuality. Since a twin can get different levels of chemicals transmitted to the fetus in the womb there may be a gay gene. One twin gets enough or too little of a chemical from the mom to express being gay and vice versa for the other. Use your brain.

Negged for being stupid enough to post this crap.

Unless your one of those dumb fucks that thinks homosexuality is a choice, then you have to admit that people are born that way. If youre born that way, then its clearly biological. If its biological, then why cant it be gene related? What is your fucking problem? Dont be an asshole.

Ok, so you are obviously CONVINCED that it isnt gene related, so tell us, if its not in the genes, what is it? You better have a fucking answer or ill neg YOU.

Feel free to neg me for not having every answer in the universe. Unlike you, I have never claimed to know everything, or to never be wrong. All I can do is examine the evidence and form a rational conclusion based on that evidence. Until you, personally, can explain how sexual preference is genetic and also explain the fact that monozygotic twins can have different hardwired responses you have no business demanding I come up with explanations for anything.

Everything everyone does is a choice, the fact that you don't accept that does not make me stupid. Especially when I can cite conclusive scientific proof that backs my position up, and all you can do is point to anecdotal evidence.

there is no gay gene.

Latent homosexuality expressed violently at its finest. Negging people and typing in large font red letters. You are gay. Face it. Everyone knows but no one cares.

The fact that I understand science does not make my homophobic.

It does, however say something about you that you refuse to accept science. Then again, you do think that black people were born on Mars, so what can I say?

So because you willingly made a choice to be gay you are angry that someone tricked you into believing being gay was not determined by some combination of genes and or factors outside your control?

No, I am disgusted that people would demean my personal choices by insisting that I didn't have a choice. All my choices were mine, even the bad ones, and they all make me who I am.

Would be very interesting to see the reaction if a Gay gene is actually found someday.

Yes, it would. I figure it is almost as likely as finding out the Earth is really flat.

Simple statement of fact, if sexual preference is genetic mono zygotic twins would always have the same preference because they have the same genes.

Eight major studies of identical twins in Australia, the U.S., and Scandinavia during the last two decades all arrive at the same conclusion: gays were not born that way. “At best genetics is a minor factor,” says Dr. Neil Whitehead, PhD. Whitehead worked for the New Zealand government as a scientific researcher for 24 years, then spent four years working for the United Nations and International Atomic Energy Agency. Most recently, he serves as a consultant to Japanese universities about the effects of radiation exposure. His PhD is in biochemistry and statistics.
Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay.
“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”
Because identical twins are always genetically identical, homosexuality cannot be genetically dictated. “No-one is born gay,” he notes. “The predominant things that create homosexuality in one identical twin and not in the other have to be post-birth factors.”
Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic | OrthodoxNet.com Blog

In other words, I ain't going to hold my breath. Feel free to continue to live in a land where wishful thinking trumps science, you will fit right in with the people who insist that the planet is not getting warmer, the drooling idiots that insist that vaccines cause autism, the assholes that think GMOs are dangerous, and the brain dead nincompoops that believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old. At least you will be able to converse with people that match you intellectually.

That study has been soundly debunked. Know one knows the genes used in expressing human sexuality. Since a twin can get different levels of chemicals transmitted to the fetus in the womb there may be a gay gene. One twin gets enough or too little of a chemical from the mom to express being gay and vice versa for the other. Use your brain.

Soundly debunked?

Feel free to provide evidence, you should be able to find it in the ancient spacecrafts that the blacks used to build the pyramids.

there is no gay gene.

Latent homosexuality expressed violently at its finest. Negging people and typing in large font red letters. You are gay. Face it. Everyone knows but no one cares.

It does, however say something about you that you refuse to accept science. Then again, you do think that black people were born on Mars, so what can I say?

My background is in engineering. I definitely believe in science. What makes you think Black people were born on Mars?

My background is in engineering. I definitely believe in science. What makes you think Black people were born on Mars?

Now, if they could only locate the gene that causes stupidity....

So because you willingly made a choice to be gay you are angry that someone tricked you into believing being gay was not determined by some combination of genes and or factors outside your control?

No, I am disgusted that people would demean my personal choices by insisting that I didn't have a choice. All my choices were mine, even the bad ones, and they all make me who I am.

Some things you do not have a choice in. You may have made a choice to practise being homosexual but even if you engaged in a heterosexual lifestyle you would still be gay. For example you had no choice in being whatever ethnicity you are but you can run around and claim you are something else. See how easy your logic is debunked?

Thats not an answer. You are avoiding my question.

What question? Since when have I ever said black people were born on mars? I've heard of Dr. John Gray's "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" but never black people. Wtf?

What question? Since when have I ever said black people were born on mars? I've heard of Dr. John Gray's "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" but never black people. Wtf?

My bad. I get you 2 mixed up. I forgot you are the pasty fat white boy that claims he is NA but is really the result of a white person paying to get his name placed on the Dawes roll.

My bad. I get you 2 mixed up. I forgot you are the pasty fat white boy that claims he is NA but is really the result of a white person paying to get his name placed on the Dawes roll.

And how does that answer my question? Resorting to 6 month old arguments to make a point is quite idiotic.

Ad hominem is all you're good for, troll.

And how does that answer my question? Resorting to 6 month old arguments to make a point is quite idiotic.

What question? All I saw was your remark about trying to find your stupidity gene.

What question? All I saw was your remark about trying to find your stupidity gene.

Oy.

:eusa_doh:

You're a special kinda stupid, aren't ya?

It's probably buried under his arrogance gene.

If you believe in science you should be able to explain why you think that it is still impossible to build the pyramids today and that somehow proves that Atlantis is real.

If you believe in science you should be able to explain why you think that it is still impossible to build the pyramids today and that somehow proves that Atlantis is real.

Who told you that one? Is this your attempt to avoid refuting by smashing of your choice theory? :lol:

Its not working clown.

Forum List

Back