Gay Gene Found?

Would be very interesting to see the reaction if a Gay gene is actually found someday.

Yes, it would. I figure it is almost as likely as finding out the Earth is really flat.

Simple statement of fact, if sexual preference is genetic mono zygotic twins would always have the same preference because they have the same genes.

Eight major studies of identical twins in Australia, the U.S., and Scandinavia during the last two decades all arrive at the same conclusion: gays were not born that way. “At best genetics is a minor factor,” says Dr. Neil Whitehead, PhD. Whitehead worked for the New Zealand government as a scientific researcher for 24 years, then spent four years working for the United Nations and International Atomic Energy Agency. Most recently, he serves as a consultant to Japanese universities about the effects of radiation exposure. His PhD is in biochemistry and statistics.
Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay.
“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”
Because identical twins are always genetically identical, homosexuality cannot be genetically dictated. “No-one is born gay,” he notes. “The predominant things that create homosexuality in one identical twin and not in the other have to be post-birth factors.”
Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic | OrthodoxNet.com Blog

In other words, I ain't going to hold my breath. Feel free to continue to live in a land where wishful thinking trumps science, you will fit right in with the people who insist that the planet is not getting warmer, the drooling idiots that insist that vaccines cause autism, the assholes that think GMOs are dangerous, and the brain dead nincompoops that believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old. At least you will be able to converse with people that match you intellectually.

Now that WAS debunked, dipstick!

Steve Sailer: iSteve: Twin studies debunked: Twins are "Similar but not identical"

According to your link, environment has a larger impact on academic performance than genes. I could be wrong, but doesn't that tend to back my assertion that people are not "born that way?"

Tell me something, oh he of incredible lack of ability to read, why would anyone think that a study that proves free will in the choices they make, which is the only real factor in how they perform academically when everything else is the same, somehow debunks decades of different studies that prove that sexual preference is not genetic? Did you not read far enough to see what study was "debunked?"

Last edited:
Yes, it would. I figure it is almost as likely as finding out the Earth is really flat.

Simple statement of fact, if sexual preference is genetic mono zygotic twins would always have the same preference because they have the same genes.

Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic | OrthodoxNet.com Blog

In other words, I ain't going to hold my breath. Feel free to continue to live in a land where wishful thinking trumps science, you will fit right in with the people who insist that the planet is not getting warmer, the drooling idiots that insist that vaccines cause autism, the assholes that think GMOs are dangerous, and the brain dead nincompoops that believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old. At least you will be able to converse with people that match you intellectually.

Now that WAS debunked, dipstick!

Steve Sailer: iSteve: Twin studies debunked: Twins are "Similar but not identical"

I told him but I know he never looked because he was too concerned with being right instead of informed.

I didn't look because the study he cited actually backs me up, but don't let the fact that I am right stop you from pretending you are smarter than I am.

Please stop trying to take the focus off your retarded blunder. Your desperation is hilarious. You are making me laugh. :lol: You talk about science and you totally ignore you cant chose your "race"? Your kind of stupidity deserves a medal.:rofl:

What blunder was that? Mocking your stupidity? That may, or may not, be a blunder, but I am going to keep doing it.

By the way, did you ever come up with any evidence to back up your claim that every twin study ever conducted is bogus? I can show you some that set out to prove that sexual preference is genetic that still failed at the task, if you had a brain you might wonder why a study that is designed to accomplish one thing, and one thing only, and even makes up the data, still can't prove that one thing if there is absolutely no doubt that sexual preference is controlled by genes.

The blunder where you claimed you controlled your ethnicity. I know you will keep attempting to move the focus off your blunder but everyone reading this thread can see you made it and are desperate to hide it to the point of claiming wild things about me you cant prove.

I see you did not seek your own sources. I gave you the information. You just chose to remain willfully ignorant. Someone however, got the link for you so you would have no excuse. Your twin study is a joke.

How was that a blunder? Even you posted that ethnicity is about religion and culture as much as it is race, which explains why people can be Jewish and still hate Israel. If they didn't have a choice in their ethnicity every Jew on the planet would be a Zionist, and every black person would be Al Sharpton.

I guess that makes the blunder here your assumption that race equals ethnicity. Funny, even the US Government doesn't believe that, which is why Hispanic is defined by where you were born, not what language you speak.

No, I say it with all the authority of decades of scientific research that conclusively proves that there is no gay gene.

What, exactly, do your base your opposition to the scientific research on again? Feelings?

Will you be mad when in a few decades scientists come up with gene and hormonal therapies that can make a Gay person Straight?

Will you be mad when they don't?

No, I am negging them for being stupid. I have personally posted multiple threads that conclusively prove that sexual preference is not genetic, yet idiots k3eep posting sensationalist studies simply because it makes them feel good to demean people based on who they sleep with.

By the way, did you notice that at least one of the idiots that insisted that sexual preference is genetic said we would be able to cure it in 20 years? Do you really think a shot will cure people of being gay?

You just don't get it.

Human behavior and thoughts is very much a product of genetics and bio-chemistry.

If you ignore free will and quantum mechanics, you might have a point. Unfortunately, the rest of the universe exists in a state where both of those are real.

Youre talking shit and neg repping people for thinking homosexuality might be genetic. Youre being an asshole. You say you dont have the answer? Then why the fuck are you so god damn sure it isnt gentic?

I fully support gay marriage and I stand behind the gay community 100%, but dont tell me sexuality is a choice. I would literally rather take a bullet to the head than have gay sex. The thought of it makes me cringe. It has that effect on hetrosexuals. I cant suddenly decide to be sexually attracted to men. Its impossible. It isnt a choice.

No, I am negging them for being stupid. I have personally posted multiple threads that conclusively prove that sexual preference is not genetic, yet idiots k3eep posting sensationalist studies simply because it makes them feel good to demean people based on who they sleep with.

By the way, did you notice that at least one of the idiots that insisted that sexual preference is genetic said we would be able to cure it in 20 years? Do you really think a shot will cure people of being gay?

Listen, I can appreciate your position. Youre gay and the idea that you have something "wrong" with you that can be fixed with a shot is insulting. If i was gay, that would probably piss me off too. I get it, but nonetheless I still think its possible that a shot could prevent homosexuality in the future.

What I know is sexuality isn't a choice, and I know this because im completely heterosexual. I know im completely heterosexual because the idea of having sex with an ugly man or the most beautiful man in the world is equally cringe inducing. Being a good looking man doesn't soften the blow for me. Both scenarios sound like a nightmare. I have zero attraction to men and that will never change. It isn't a choice. Since I know it isn't a choice, then that means its something people are born with, which means its biological.

That is not my position.

My position is that science conclusively proves that sexual preference is not genetic. If you have evidence to counter that, present it, but be prepared to deal with a flood of counter evidence that proves that free will exists, that multiple studies prove that genes are not the deciding factor in peoples actions, and that the mind is a outgrowth of things we barely are beginning to have an inkling even exist. Quantum mechanics may one day give us an idea of why humans can work complex equations that help define the universe, genetics never will.

By the way, you do not know that sexual preference is not a choice, you believe it. You believe that so strongly that you are refusing to consider the possibility that you are wrong. Free will is real, even flies exhibit the ability to make choices. Stop closing your mind to the beauty of reality.

Last edited:
No, I say it with all the authority of decades of scientific research that conclusively proves that there is no gay gene.

What, exactly, do your base your opposition to the scientific research on again? Feelings?

Will you be mad when in a few decades scientists come up with gene and hormonal therapies that can make a Gay person Straight?

Will you be mad when they don't?

I'll be very surprised.

Human behavior and thoughts, including sexual behaviors and thoughts, are clearly caused by genetics and bio-chemistry.

Its pretty ignorant to say there is no gay gene and there will never be found a gay gene.

All human behavior is in some way genetic.

I told him but I know he never looked because he was too concerned with being right instead of informed.

He's probably ignoring me because he neg-repped me after he got butt-fucked. That's a tactic of the ignorant and cowards.

I honestly love being neg-repped by these neanderthals. Shows I'm far more intelligent than them and the truth really, really hurts.

I have never been angry at anyone just because of their sexual preference.

I do, however, get angry at stupid people who say thinks that are insulting to wide swaths of the population.

Then you must be standing in front of a mirror and slapping yourself in your fat face.

According to your link, environment has a larger impact on academic performance than genes. I could be wrong, but doesn't that tend to back my assertion that people are not "born that way?"

Actually, yes!...according to the link, they BOTH have an impact. Therefore, people have an environmental tendency to be gay or not gay as well as a genetic marker making them gay from birth.

Coincidentally, one's environment determines whether they act upon that genetic marker. Think of yourself, cowering within that dark closet of homophobia.

Did you not read far enough to see what study was "debunked?"

Dear He of Carrot Stuck Up Ass: It didn't debunk anything.

why are some people so offended by the idea that homosexuality has a major bio-chemical and genetic element?

what are they afraid of?

there is no gay gene.

Wow, so sure? You a genetics expert?

I don't have to be, I understand math. ?You should try it sometime, learning a new skill helps keep the brain young. Just think, if you learned about math you would know if you got enough change back when you buy a Coke with your lunch. You would even be able to count the tines on the plastic spork they give you so you won't hurt yourself.

Its pretty ignorant to say there is no gay gene and there will never be found a gay gene.

All human behavior is in some way genetic.

It is even more ignorant to ignore the fact that there are decades of studies that prove that there is no gay gene.

He's probably ignoring me because he neg-repped me after he got butt-fucked. That's a tactic of the ignorant and cowards.

I honestly love being neg-repped by these neanderthals. Shows I'm far more intelligent than them and the truth really, really hurts.

I negged the OP, idiot. Even in your imagination, you didn't but fuck me before you started the thread.

Forum List

Back