Gay Gene Found?

Would be very interesting to see the reaction if a Gay gene is actually found someday.

Should someone find and prove the existence of such a gene they needs must think carefully about disclosing that. They put their life at risk from some vehement bigots should they dare so to do.

Think I'm kidding? Just review the posts above.

I have no doubt that within 50 years we will have gene therapies that can change skin color, hair color, eye color, predispositions to certain diseases, and even sexuality.

I don't think it needs to be found. Gay people are gay. It's a hard road to walk, given how most people react when they know someone is gay. As much as you all get nauseated at the thought of someone being gay - why would somebody 'choose' to be so.

I didn't choose to be straight. My sister didn't choose to be lesbian. We just are who we are.

You are aware that human sexuality is not black and white, yes?

Yes. Human sexuality is a spectrum. Some of us wander it a bit, most of us are pretty hard-wired where we land.

Human behavior is 100% genetic and bio-chemical.

We are born with many behaviors.

Its all chemistry.

Read up, my scientifically deficient friends.

KNOXVILLE – Epigenetics - how gene expression is regulated by temporary switches, called epi-marks - appears to be a critical and overlooked factor contributing to the long-standing puzzle of why homosexuality occurs.

According to the study, published online today in The Quarterly Review of Biology, sex-specific epi-marks, which normally do not pass between generations and are thus "erased," can lead to homosexuality when they escape erasure and are transmitted from father to daughter or mother to son.

From an evolutionary standpoint, homosexuality is a trait that would not be expected to develop and persist in the face of Darwinian natural selection. Homosexuality is nevertheless common for men and women in most cultures. Previous studies have shown that homosexuality runs in families, leading most researchers to presume a genetic underpinning of sexual preference. However, no major gene for homosexuality has been found despite numerous studies searching for a genetic connection.

In the current study, researchers from the Working Group on Intragenomic Conflict at the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS) integrated evolutionary theory with recent advances in the molecular regulation of gene expression and androgen-dependent sexual development to produce a biological and mathematical model that delineates the role of epigenetics in homosexuality.

Study Finds Epigenetics, Not Genetics, Underlies Homosexuality

And do you know what that means, kids? Homosexuality is not a natural part of human evolution, nor is it genetic.

Last edited:
Once they find the gene, then they can find a cure

Negged for being stupid enough to post this crap.

Unless your one of those dumb fucks that thinks homosexuality is a choice, then you have to admit that people are born that way. If youre born that way, then its clearly biological. If its biological, then why cant it be gene related? What is your fucking problem? Dont be an asshole.

Ok, so you are obviously CONVINCED that it isnt gene related, so tell us, if its not in the genes, what is it? You better have a fucking answer or ill neg YOU.

Of course disregard of and/or disrespect for the opinions of others is not primarily inherited. It comes from a poor childhood. When both male and female progenitors are bigoted the sky becomes a little cloudy as to whether inheritance might create a propensity.

Since I do not believe anyone has the right to not be fucking offended, I have no obligation to respect their opinions, especially when said opinions are contradicted by real science.

You, on the other hand, seem to have developed a severe case of cognitive dissonance. You have no problem belittling the opinions of people you disagree with, and even insult them and their families, while simultaneously insisting that they have to accept yours as Truth.

Negged for being stupid enough to post this crap.

Unless your one of those dumb fucks that thinks homosexuality is a choice, then you have to admit that people are born that way. If youre born that way, then its clearly biological. If its biological, then why cant it be gene related? What is your fucking problem? Dont be an asshole.

Ok, so you are obviously CONVINCED that it isnt gene related, so tell us, if its not in the genes, what is it? You better have a fucking answer or ill neg YOU.

See my post.

Would be very interesting to see the reaction if a Gay gene is actually found someday.

Yes, it would. I figure it is almost as likely as finding out the Earth is really flat.

Simple statement of fact, if sexual preference is genetic mono zygotic twins would always have the same preference because they have the same genes.

Eight major studies of identical twins in Australia, the U.S., and Scandinavia during the last two decades all arrive at the same conclusion: gays were not born that way. “At best genetics is a minor factor,” says Dr. Neil Whitehead, PhD. Whitehead worked for the New Zealand government as a scientific researcher for 24 years, then spent four years working for the United Nations and International Atomic Energy Agency. Most recently, he serves as a consultant to Japanese universities about the effects of radiation exposure. His PhD is in biochemistry and statistics.
Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay.
“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”
Because identical twins are always genetically identical, homosexuality cannot be genetically dictated. “No-one is born gay,” he notes. “The predominant things that create homosexuality in one identical twin and not in the other have to be post-birth factors.”

Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic | OrthodoxNet.com Blog

In other words, I ain't going to hold my breath. Feel free to continue to live in a land where wishful thinking trumps science, you will fit right in with the people who insist that the planet is not getting warmer, the drooling idiots that insist that vaccines cause autism, the assholes that think GMOs are dangerous, and the brain dead nincompoops that believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old. At least you will be able to converse with people that match you intellectually.

I don't think it needs to be found. Gay people are gay. It's a hard road to walk, given how most people react when they know someone is gay. As much as you all get nauseated at the thought of someone being gay - why would somebody 'choose' to be so.

I didn't choose to be straight. My sister didn't choose to be lesbian. We just are who we are.

Bravo.

The part of this that I find demeaning is that, by insisting that sexual preference is not a choice, people are taking away they dignity of every homosexual. I respect people way too much to throw everyone under the bus like that.

You are aware that human sexuality is not black and white, yes?

You are aware that you make even less sense than rdean, no?

Should someone find and prove the existence of such a gene they needs must think carefully about disclosing that. They put their life at risk from some vehement bigots should they dare so to do.

Are you really that stupid?

Never mind, the answer is obvious.

I have no doubt that within 50 years we will have gene therapies that can change skin color, hair color, eye color, predispositions to certain diseases, and even sexuality.

I have no doubt that you are wrong.

Forum List

Back