Gay Gene Found?

It is even more ignorant to ignore the fact that there are decades of studies that prove that there is no gay gene.

When did we first map the entire human genome?

Do we know what every single gene does? Nope.

What are you afraid of? That a gene therapy to reverse homosexuality might be developed?

It's from fucking Thursday, you dumbass retarded homophobe fool.

Reading comprehension failure, what a surprise.

Why is that, Walking Abortion?

Your article was from 1999.

The study I quoted is from 2012.

Your brain works like this, doesn't it?

d_7416.jpg

Here is a lesson in basic reading comprehension.

Your link contains this sentence, "The research builds on work by Dean Hamer, the American geneticist who identified an area on the X chromosome that appeared to influence male sexuality in the 1990s." I said, "By the way, the study that this study built on was debunked decades ago."

See the connection yet? Did your rudimentary ability to comprehend written English finally grasp that the study you are pointing to uses data from a study that is already debunked? Does the date of my link make more sense now?

If not, the problem is you.

why are some people so offended by the idea that homosexuality has a major bio-chemical and genetic element?

what are they afraid of?

From the link in the OP.

While the findings revealed genetics accounted for around 30% to 40% of a man's sexuality, the rest was based on social and environmental factors.

Newsflash.

Even if we assume the study is right it is saying that 60% to 70% of sexual preference is determined by factors other than genetics. That means that you are wrong, so you should just shut up.

It is even more ignorant to ignore the fact that there are decades of studies that prove that there is no gay gene.

When did we first map the entire human genome?

Do we know what every single gene does? Nope.

What are you afraid of? That a gene therapy to reverse homosexuality might be developed?

You want to see fear?

Again, from the OP link.

Richard Lane, of the campaign group Stonewall, told the Telegraph the research pointed to a biological root, but firm evidence was yet to be produced.
He said: "The thing that's consistent is that they all point to sexual orientation being something fundamental to a person rather than the lifestyle choice some opponents of equality repeatedly suggest."

Why are they afraid of it being a free will choice? Are they going to start looking for a terrorism gene to explain why people blow themselves up? Perhaps they can find a dog gene and cure people of liking dogs.

Seriously, free will is a good thing.

there is no gay gene.

Wow, so sure? You a genetics expert?

I don't have to be, I understand math. ?You should try it sometime, learning a new skill helps keep the brain young. Just think, if you learned about math you would know if you got enough change back when you buy a Coke with your lunch. You would even be able to count the tines on the plastic spork they give you so you won't hurt yourself.

Umm, hmmm, let's see.

Genetics.

to

math, Coke, lunch, coins, tines on a plastic "SPORK".

Wow, I guess that does make you an expert.

You win!

Last edited by a moderator:
Negged for being stupid enough to post this crap.

stupid = posting peer reviewed science to you. LOL!

Newsflash, idiot, the study was not peer reviewed, it was presented at the AAAS conference in Chicago. That means that, not only was the study not peer reviewed, it wasn't even presented to people that specialize in genetics. Care to explain how that makes me stupid?

I do appreciate you proving you don't read though.

Wow, so sure? You a genetics expert?

I don't have to be, I understand math. ?You should try it sometime, learning a new skill helps keep the brain young. Just think, if you learned about math you would know if you got enough change back when you buy a Coke with your lunch. You would even be able to count the tines on the plastic spork they give you so you won't hurt yourself.

Umm, hmmm, let's see.

Genetics.

to

math, Coke, lunch, coins, tines on a plastic "SPORK".

Wow, I guess that does make you an expert.

You win!

Yeah and you're a world class geneticist....... :rolleyes:

This gay gene "research", claiming to find a gay gene, was debunked years ago yet keeps popping up from time to time. Is there a gay gene? No one knows as it is still in the postulation phase. For someone who claims to believe only in science you sure deny it fast enough when it doesn't fit your belief paradigm. Not that it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Negged for being stupid enough to post this crap.

Newsflash, idiot, the study was not peer reviewed, it was presented at the AAAS conference in Chicago. That means that, not only was the study not peer reviewed, it wasn't even presented to people that specialize in genetics. Care to explain how that makes me stupid?

Actually many have tried to reproduce the "test" results with no success.

Actually many have tried to reproduce the "test" results with no success.

I know, but pointing that out to a hack like Mathew is a waste of time, which is why I elected to totally blow hos post out of the water by pointing out that he just assumed that this was a peer reviewed study. If he wants to continue to make a fool out of himself I will point out that the author of the study is a psychologist, and that he published the "study" in JAMA of Psychiatry.

Then again, he does think that a degree in geology makes one a climate scientist, so that might not phase him either.

Scientists have found evidence to support the existence of a male genome which may influence homosexuality.

Dr Michael Bailey, from Northwestern University, studied*400 sets of twins to determine if some men are genetically inclined to be gay.

Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Interesting.

I have a hard time accepting anything derived from research on homosexuals, it is highly politicized and there have been instances of "so-called researchers" flubbing results and tampering with tests to arrive at a pre determined and ideologically advantageous conclusion.

I've sent out some feelers re Dr. Bailey, and am awaiting results. But just looking momentarily at what is available I see some problems.

1. He contradicts himself -

Dr Bailey said: “Sexual orientation has nothing to do with choice. Our findings suggest there may be genes at play – we found evidence for two sets that affect whether a man is gay or straight.

Which reflects his desired outcome - the results he wants. But he then goes on to state that ....

But it is not completely determinative; there are certainly other environmental factors involved.

revealed genetics accounted for around 30% to 40% of a man's sexuality, the rest was based on social and environmental factors.

So which is it ? Sexual Orientation has nothing to do with choice or it does ??!!

2. His study appears to contradict similar studies.

4. It is not Peer Reviewed, nor is it likely o be.

Last edited:
"While the findings revealed genetics accounted for around 30% to 40% of a man's sexuality,
the rest was based on social and environmental factors."

In his book "Can homosexuality be healed" addressing concerns of the Christian community asking for tolerant nonjudgmental approaches to healing instead of rejection,
Dr. Francis MacNutt explains that the genetic studies are interpreted BOTH ways.

Since the correlation in orientation between twins is NOT 100%, but it shows a slight tendency to be the same orientation,
* Some people interpret this is AS A CHOICE to act on the genetic tendency, just like alcoholism is traced to hereditary factors but is still a choice not to fall into addiction.
* Some people interpret this AS GENETIC since there is a higher tendency to be the same orientation

This articles seems to endorse the second interpretation; while leaving it open, that since it is not 100% the same orientation for all twins, clearly social and other factors are involved.

Two points not mentioned here:
A. it can still be 100% spiritually determined, if a person is born transgender or which orientation, and then the genetics and social/environmental factors FOLLOW that path
B. there was nothing mentioned of people who were naturally heterosexual, but were abused so that the homosexuality was caused unnaturally and not in their genes.

Where were those cases, and where is the study showing if this is where spiritual healing has helped many people heal from sexual abuse or addiction and return to original orientation? I met a young man who didn't come out as transgender until AFTER he received healing and spiritually forgave; so this is independent of gender or orientation. If people are acting as something other than their natural self, healing may transform them back to their orientation from birth, whether this is heterosexual homosexual etc.

Scientists have found evidence to support the existence of a male genome which may influence homosexuality.

Dr Michael Bailey, from Northwestern University, studied*400 sets of twins to determine if some men are genetically inclined to be gay.

Interesting.

Interesting.

Bullshit.

More fabrications from activists.
Activists overlooking the obvious corollary.

The possibility that gays may be mutants.

Activists overlooking the obvious corollary.

The possibility that gays may be mutants.

For the last 20 years. about once a year "researchers" find a "gay gene." The leftist media splashes it about, leftists spit at Christians, and all kinds of hoopla occurs.

Evey wonder WHY the next year they "discover" this gene again?

The answer is that EVERY FUCKING TIME it turns out to be fraud. But the media doesn't bother to report on the fact that the studies are fabricated and results openly manipulated.

This is just the usual bullshit that is tossed out every year

Forum List

Back