gas prices....what is going on in your area?

Was 3.13 down here in Florida yesterday. Today it 3.25, 3.39, depending on where you look.

Gotta love those ME assholes.

Was 3.13 down here in Florida yesterday. Today it 3.25, 3.39, depending on where you look.

It has zero to do with the ME

That gas has already been bought and paid for at the lower price.

But they stick it to the consumer and raise prices based on current news.

And then make huge extra profits.

People don't seem to realize.

That it takes several months for oil to be shipped, refined, and then sold at the pumps. :doubt:

That it takes several months for oil to be shipped, refined, and then sold at the pumps. :doubt:
Nonsense.

The people at the individual stations have to purchase resupply at the higher price, with the fuel they already have in their tanks.

I've been watching this for years and the spreads between the spot price for RBOB and the pump prices remain rather stable.

Amazing how fast they transport and process that oil. From Libya to our pump overnight :)

The right wingers saying it is not speculators driving up the price yet?

Nonsense.

The people at the individual stations have to purchase resupply at the higher price, with the fuel they already have in their tanks.

I've been watching this for years and the spreads between the spot price for RBOB and the pump prices remain rather stable.

The oil that gas was made from was paid for at a much lower price.

But they'll have to pay for the next tanker coming in at the higher price.

You really have NFI about how this all works, do you?

Perhaps more than you do.
I understand the futures market.

The price increase can just follow the product theu the "pipeline" so to speak, but the furutrs/commodities market sort of gets in the way.
Along with some greed.

Last edited:
But they'll have to pay for the next tanker coming in at the higher price.

You really have NFI about how this all works, do you?

Perhaps more than you do.
I understand the futures market.

The price increase can just follow the product theu the "pipeline" so to speak, but the furutrs/commodities market sort of gets in the way.
Along with some greed.
Along with large purchasers (like airlines) trying to lock in the current prices.

Nonetheless, the spread between spot and retail remains stable.

I guess our economic numbers will look much better now. Retail sales up and GDP up.

Interesting how reatil sales numbers usually include food and energy. And the numbers fronted for inflation usually do not.

Hovering around $3.25 or so on the midcoast of Maine.

The price topped $100 PB and has just fallen below that number according to the news.

I don't think Libya is the problem, I think fears that Saudi Arabia is in trouble is what's driving the pricing.

Clearly the spiking prices have rot-all to do with the current supply of oil.

I heard something on the news earlier today about how we could be looking at gasoline in the $5 to $6 dollar range by this summer.

If that comes to pass, this economy is never going to recover.

Hovering around $3.25 or so on the midcoast of Maine.

The price topped $100 PB and has just fallen below that number according to the news.

I don't think Libya is the problem, I think fears that Saudi Arabia is in trouble is what's driving the pricing.

Clearly the spiking prices have rot-all to do with the current supply of oil.
But can you blame large buyers for wanting to lock in a price today, when the future possibilities are uncertain?

Here in Oaklandtown - $3.69

And it's going to get worse.

Forum List

Back