Bully Moms

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Grace, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    Opinion: What's Up With All These Out-of-Control, Bullying Parents? - ParentDish

So. Is this child abuse? Or spare the rod, spoil the child?
    Personally, I think Mom is an idiot for not paying attention that her precious tub was being destroyed until AFTER it was destroyed. On the other hand, taking their piggy bank money and selling their toys I agree with. Makes them learn there is responsibility for actions. However, posting a pic of them on ebay is OTL.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    The parents were poorly raised themselves. I expect the next generation to be even worse.

I did not even have any bath toys when I was small. Caught a crawdad once but mom made me turn it loose.

3. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    And....another one:

Parents Try to Scare Daughter With Trip to Police, but They're the Ones Busted - ParentDish

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  4. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    It was screwed long ago when spanking became child abuse and kids could turn in their own parents and parents using the stupid "time out" crap instead of a switch on the ass. My ass got switched...I didn't turn into a serial killer. Butts are fatty tissue. Jeans over butts are thick. When I told my kid it hurt me more than him, I damn sure wasn't kidding.

5. Cervantes22

Cervantes22 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've seen time outs work.

6. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    There is a difference between beating and spanking. I spanked. I also smacked little hands that reached for things that could hurt him. Do that nowadays and see what happens.
    I think it depends on the kid whether time outs work.
    I never had a bratty kid at the store screaming and rolling on the floor. Nor in restaurants. All I had to do was give him the evil eye if he even thought about it..which he never did. He was a good kid with minor spanks if he got too out of line. So I was lucky with mine. Some kids.....ack. Heathens.

7. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,345
    In 12th grade I was so bored with high school I stopped studying and started failing. The counselor had a talk with me then contacted my mom, told her I was a bright boy but just wouldn't apply myself and wouldn't graduate. Well for the next 3 months my mom went with me to every class I had, every day. My grades went from Ds and Fs to As and Bs overnight. :lol:
    What's even weirder is I have no real memory of it, my mom told me she did this. I obviously was so mortified at having my mom attend classes with me I blocked it. :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1