Gabby Gifford resigns from Congress

I wish her the best of luck. She has a long road ahead for her recovery.
She has made leaps and bounds and it is a true miracle at how well has done.
She has come a long way in just a year's time.
Good Luck Gabby I pray you have a full recovery.
She will be 41 in June, that means she is young enough to run again in the future, if she wishes.

She's done very well in recovery. Hopefully she still has a ways to go.

Takes a big person to resign when it's for the best. Bitter pill to swallow. Way to go. :clap2:

Took bloody long enough. We constituents appreciate her getting around to taking some time to consider us and the fact that we've been without a Representative for an entire year.

That being said, I do hope she continues to improve and gets back as close to normal again as she possibly can. Although I do not personally want her as my Representative, I would even like to see her eventually be able to run for office again. Nothing can ever wash away the ugliness that lunatic wrought entirely, but that would help.

You know, it's kind of funny. I saw this thread and saw the last person to post was the Cesspit. So I thought "I wonder if she will have something unconditionally nice to say". I thought not. And I was right. Go figure...I deliberately read all the other posts first just to see if any body else was a douche. None were...

How predictable...

You know, it's kind of funny. I saw this thread and saw the last person to post was the Cesspit. So I thought "I wonder if she will have something unconditionally nice to say". I thought not. And I was right. Go figure...I deliberately read all the other posts first just to see if any body else was a douche. None were...

How predictable...

What was offensive. Showing empathy is one thing, The Sun still rises in the morning and life continues.

Try some advil.......

How predictable...

What? Not even Polk's none too veiled assertion that it was TEA Party rhetoric that got her shot. Interesting. See, I thought that was very douche-like.

How predictable...

What was offensive. Showing empathy is one thing, The Sun still rises in the morning and life continues.

Try some advil.......

The first sentence. Note I said 'unconditional'. But Cesspit is so narcisstic, self-absorbed, full of herself, and full of hate that she just can't even say something nice with no conditions attached. Instead it has to be abut her, her, her...Then again, she is a neocon whackjob - it's in their DNA...

BTW, Dunno what advil is. Prolly some dozy drug, right? You're the country that seems to oversubscribe to prescription meds..

How predictable...

What? Not even Polk's none too veiled assertion that it was TEA Party rhetoric that got her shot. Interesting. See, I thought that was very douche-like.
It stood out like a rotten brushstroke within a masterpiece....really classless.

How predictable...

I have no obligation whatsoever to be unconditionally nice. I'M the one who's sat through the last year with no Congressional representation because Giffords and the DNC were busily calculating how they could use her injury to maintain their House numbers. She should have done this months ago . . . say, back when she was writing a book, or maybe even later, when she was giving television interviews.

I feel no requirement to mouth platitudes, because unlike everyone else, I'm actually affected by what she does.

How predictable...

To be honest, I had no idea what Polk was referring to. Don't follow the tea party down here....

How predictable...

I have no obligation whatsoever to be unconditionally nice. I'M the one who's sat through the last year with no Congressional representation because Giffords and the DNC were busily calculating how they could use her injury to maintain their House numbers. She should have done this months ago . . . say, back when she was writing a book, or maybe even later, when she was giving television interviews.

I feel no requirement to mouth platitudes, because unlike everyone else, I'm actually affected by what she does.

Exhibit A..

me, me, me, me, ME ME ME ME, MY, MY, MY, MINE, MINE, MINE

How predictable...

Polk's post was definitely douchey.

How predictable...

To be honest, I had no idea what Polk was referring to. Don't follow the tea party down here....

He 'sensationalized' a quote from Sarah Palin... she did use the words 'don't retreat, reload'... but clearly explained that she was referring to the 'ammunition' of words, debate, discussion - not guns. There remains absolutely no evidence whatsoever that the shooter, Loughner, had any connection to, or had read any speeches of, or supported, or anything else... the TEA Party. In fact, the only evidence of anything - and it is hinky at best - connects him to the far left, not the far right. But that doesn't stop Polk from lying... and it would be cool for you to call him out on it.... now that you know what he meant.

He 'sensationalized' a quote from Sarah Palin... she did use the words 'don't retreat, reload'... but clearly explained that she was referring to the 'ammunition' of words, debate, discussion - not guns. There remains absolutely no evidence whatsoever that the shooter, Loughner, had any connection to, or had read any speeches of, or supported, or anything else... the TEA Party. In fact, the only evidence of anything - and it is hinky at best - connects him to the far left, not the far right. But that doesn't stop Polk from lying... and it would be cool for you to call him out on it.... now that you know what he meant.

Yep, Polk needs a kick in the butt, too!

How predictable...

Try some advil.......

The first sentence. Note I said 'unconditional'. But Cesspit is so narcisstic, self-absorbed, full of herself, and full of hate that she just can't even say something nice with no conditions attached. Instead it has to be abut her, her, her...Then again, she is a neocon whackjob - it's in their DNA...

BTW, Dunno what advil is. Prolly some dozy drug, right? You're the country that seems to oversubscribe to prescription meds..

Advil = over the counter pain reliever, similar to aspirin.

I didnt read anything evil in her post. I saw a sympathetic voter that still wanted representation. That is a very legitimate complaint. How it is remedied is for debate.

Yep, Polk needs a kick in the butt, too!

I thought TheDoctor was kinda passive-aggressive as well. :dunno:

Try some advil.......

Advil = over the counter pain reliever, similar to aspirin.

I didnt read anything evil in her post. I saw a sympathetic voter that still wanted representation. That is a very legitimate complaint. How it is remedied is for debate.

I didn't think it was evil either. I just have an opinion of Cesspit, that would be nice to be dispelled once and a while. But at the end of the day, when all is said and done, she's just not a very nice person. Or maybe a very unhappy one.

And if she had/has a problem with Gifford, start a new thread...

Forum List

Back