G.W. Bush’s Resume

It must have some credibility or it would not have been aired on national television, PBS.
I have not heard of any reports of slander lawsuits against PBS?

I know everyone knows that PBS is financed by large corporations and their for must be politically biased.

White knight said:
It must have some credibility or it would not have been aired on national television, PBS.

I know everyone knows that PBS is financed by large corporations and their for must be politically biased.

PBS is financed by companies whose biggest clients are government.

White knight said:

Just because something was aired on national TV that automatically makes it credible? You're kidding, right?

This thing has propaganda written all over it and is written in such a manner to immediately put false light on the president. This is no documentary piece, it's clearly something written by the opposition.

He was in the hardest partying frat house on campus? Well, that just about changes everything in the upcoming election! :rolleyes:

White knight said:

Actually not many listen to the Public Broadcasting System for their news. So who would sue something that very few people heard?

You know that everyone knows the PBS is financed by large coporations and mostly by taxpayer dollars (PUBLIC BROADCASTING SYSTEM) without the consent of the taxed.

PBS is not known for being unbaised in their editorial opinions even though ALL US taxpayer foots their bills.

Curmudgeon said:
I agree with your first paragraph. But respectfully, your second paragraph is a bit of a blanket statement and disregards Presidential Elections 101:

The onus is always on the incumbent during an election. It's always been that way.

The tone and/or attitude is simply amplified this time due to a controversial war, 9-11, expanded mass media and the advent and speed of the Internet(s). But at its core, this is just another "fault the incumbent" election.
Presidential Elections 101? Sounds interesting, I'd like to see that syllabus.

Curmudgeon, I am merely stating what I have noticed as with most of the others on this board. The fact that you posted an anti-Bush resume in lieu of a pro-Kerry resume (he's had twenty years as a senator you know, he must have accomplished something) reinforces what I said in my second paragraph and should speak for itself.

I would be interested in hearing about some of Kerry’s flaws and his history.
Do some searching of this site and on google. I'm not going to do it for you because it's been covered already over the last few months.

I find it hard to believe, that character is not even an issue these days. I guess that would make Jack Osborne a future candidate, because he cleaned up.
It is an issue, and that's one of many reasons I don't like Kerry. Your Jack Osborne example is stupid because he may have cleaned up, but so what? What else does he offer as a candidate? What does he stand for? How could he handle wars, etc.?

The fact that you posted an anti-Bush resume in lieu of a pro-Kerry resume reinforces what I said in my second paragraph and should speak for itself

Yes, very sad that because of such hatred people would choose someone who is clearly not good for this nation's future. All one needs to do is to look at poll after poll to see that Kerry is not liked, but rather Bush hated !!! Who cares how bad Kerry's policies are or will be, lets just get rid of Bush ! :wtf:

eric said:
Yes, very sad that because of such hatred people would choose someone who is clearly not good for this nation's future. All one needs to do is to look at poll after poll to see that Kerry is not liked, but rather Bush hated !!! Who cares how bad Kerry's policies are or will be, lets just get rid of Bush ! :wtf:

President John Kerry's Proposed First Public Law During His First Year in Office.

http://kerrybotox.homestead.com/winner.html

AMERICANS WITH NO ABILITIES ACT PASSES CONGRESS May 23, 2005 WASHINGTON, DC (AP) -

Congress approved sweeping legislation that provides new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act (AWNAA), signed into law by President John Kerry shortly after its passage, is being hailed as a major victory by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.

"Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said Kerry, a longtime AWNAA supporter. "This is why many of them voted for me. We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they do a better job, or have some idea of what they are doing," said Kerry.

President Kerry pointed to the success of the US Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 80 percent of postal employees lack job skills, making this agency the single largest US employer of Persons of Inability. Private sector industries with good records of nondiscrimination against the Inept include retail sales (72%), the airline industry (68%),and home improvement "warehouse" stores (65%).

President Kerry has also set an example, personally selecting hundreds of Nonabled people for top government positions, including many cabinet-level jobs. Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million "middle man" positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance. Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given, to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations which maintain a significant level of Persons of Inability in top positions, and gives a tax credit to small and medium businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the AWNAA contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the Nonabled, banning discriminatory interview questions such as "Do you have any goals for the future?" or "Do you have any skills or experience which relate to this job?" and "Are you awake?" "As a Nonabled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, MI due to her lack of notable job skills. "This new law should really help people like me." With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Said Kerry, "It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her adequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation."

drowe said:
Presidential Elections 101? Sounds interesting, I'd like to that syllabus.

Curmudgeon, I am merely stating what I have noticed as with most of the others on this board. The fact that you posted an anti-Bush resume in lieu of a pro-Kerry resume (he's had twenty years as a senator you know, he must have accomplished something) reinforces what I said in my second paragraph and should speak for itself.

Actually, I was just following the thread's protocol. I've been lurking for a while, and figured this thread was a nonchalant way to get my feet wet.

I too have seen the resume/information countless times.

I do find it interesting that the standards and practices being applied here (outcry, dismissal, negativity, agitprop, et al) are not being applied in the John Kerry Resume thread. There it's quite alright and applauded.

But hey -- I'm new and maybe double-standards fly around here...

PBS is financed by membership pledges, by government and corporate donations,
Their series Front Line is an award wining series; they have covered many topics in great detail.
PBS is like a national treasure, like the Smithsonian. The government tried to pull their funding once. Maybe now G.W. will pull the plug on it, like they attack everything that gets in their way, from the CIA agent who’s named was leaked when her husband criticized the administration, to recently the NAACP which if you agree with them or not should not be facing an IRS investigation based on a political speech that was made.
As I have said before “pattern recognition”

Curmudgeon said:
I do find it interesting that the standards and practices being applied here (outcry, dismissal, negativity, agitprop, et al) are not being applied in the John Kerry Resume thread. There it's quite alright and applauded.

Where did you get that it was alright and applauded? Looks to me like only 2 people who are pro-Bush even replied in that thread.

A few of us here have defended GW after this was posted. Don't blame us that no one can defend what was written about Kerry.

(sigh)

I walk away for awhile and you're still buzzflashing around.

White knight said:
G.W. Bush’s Resume

Bush came from a privileged background and entered Yale as a birthright.

Bush had an SAT score of 1206. High enough to get into Yale or any other school, for that matter.

White knight said:
While at Yale, he applied himself and maintained an C+ average and engaged in worthwhile constructive activities including President of Delta Kappa Epsilon (DKE), the hardest partying frat house on campus, Prep school cheerleader, and prankster once arrested for a misdemeanor. G. W. campus nickname was the smirk.

A C+ average, which is roughly the same Al Gore had at Harvard. President Bush also played rugby, and was known to be pretty damn good. Delta Kappa Epsilon was the oldest frat at Yale and was once described by The New Yorker as "the hardest-partying, baddest-boy, most athlete-venerating of the campus fraternities", which others picked up on but dropped everything after hardest-partying. Other members of this frat include: George H.W. Bush, Teddy Roosevelt, Jonathan Winters, Dick Clark, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Tom Landry, Cole Porter, Harry Hamlin, and George Steinbrenner. Got anything to say about them?

White knight said:
After graduation, relying on daddy’s connections G.W. secured a coveted six-year billet in the Texas Air National Guard. Ben Barnes Texas house speaker, admits making the call for the Senators son. After a year and a half of flight training, G.W. was having the time of his life partying thanks to his privileged background. He enjoyed flying jets in the safe Texas skies, while the less fortunate of his generation were drafted and fought in Vietnam.

Yeah, and this hasn't been beaten to death. Even Ben Barnes daughter says he's full of shit.

White knight said:
During his post Yale years, he failed to achieve any real successes, he grew tired of being a ANG flyboy, again relying on his privileged background and daddy’s connections, he leaves Texas.

1972 he moved to Montgomery Alabama to become the political director for senate campaign of his father’s friend Winton Red Blount.
Bob Mintz fellow guards man with the 187th Alabama Air National Guard, did not recall ever meeting Bush at the small base of 25 pilots. Campaign volunteer Murphy Archibald said he did not see any indication that G.W. was doing his guard duty and the he seemed more interested in partying then campaigning.
G.W. lost his flying status for failing to show for a physical. If he had been any other less well-connected person he would have found himself with a set of orders to the Vietnam War, again daddy must have intervened. 72’ was known as Bushes lost year.

Assumptions aside, this propaganda is old. There have been people come forward and say that they remember President Bush being there. I'll also add that it's been pointed out many, many times that Guard duty at that time was hardly a cushy job. Much like today, our borders and coasts needed guarding too.

White knight said:
1973 Bush applied for and received an early discharge from the Air National Guard; he then applied to Harvard Business School. After receiving his MBA from Harvard, he moved to Midland Texas and tried his luck at being a ‘Land man’; buying up land for oil drilling prospects, after 3 years with little success he tried the other family business, politics.
1978 Financed mostly by oil interest money; he ran for a Texas congressional seat, he lost by 6 percentage points. He returned to the unprofitable Oil business.

1982 the Texas Oil industries went bust, Bush had a wife, two daughters, and a drinking habit. It was around the time when his dad was running for presidency, G.W. quit drinking and found religion, and he became a Born Again Christian.

Ok.

White knight said:
In 1988 George Bush Senior was running for the White House.
Doug Wead campaign advisor dispatched G.W. to meet with evangelicals across the nation, to build support for his father.
G.W. A born again Christian was effectively able to develop a rapport with the evangelicals, an effective strategy that was able to take out the foundation of the Pat Robertson campaign in his 1988 run for the White House.
He begin to realize what it would take to win the Texas governorship, he realized he could do it with just the evangelical vote alone.

This is making quite an assumption. Just because President Bush is a christian doesn't mean he appeals to just christians, or that christians automatically support him.

White knight said:
1990 Karl Rove political operative was working out a plan to make G.W. the next Texas governor and ultimately the future President of the United States.
Texas Rangers partner Rolland Betts counseled G.W. that he was only know for being the son of the president. The Texas Rangers deal would be a good opportunity to generate some success and put him in good public standing for the race to the Texas Governorship.
The plan was to build a new ballpark on sized land, then raise taxes to pay for the construction. Bush was to be the front man to help sell the deal to the public. In two years G.W. made a profit of 10 million and built a reputation from his one and only big successful business deal.

Oh boy. So buying the Texas Rangers was all part of the plan for George W. Bush to become president. Baseball is a risky business to get into and is certainly not a guarantee for success. The plan to build the ballpark is nothing that hasn't been done many times in many cities in many sports. And if you had ever been to the old Arlington Stadium, you would know the Rangers sorely needed a new park.

White knight said:
1994 G. W. Bush ran for Texas Governor with the backing of many big money republicans.

What a shock. Unlike Democrats who dig in seat cushions and sell aluminum cans.

White knight said:
One of Karl Rove’s most effective camping Ad issues dealt with crime. The campaign Ads painted the picture that crime was on the rise, when in fact it was actually declining. Another strategy was to accuse Governor Ann Richards of hiring avid homosexuals to high state offices. Part of the strategy was to distribute fliers in church parking lots during Sundays worship; the fliers had a picture of two men kissing and accused liberals of teaching homosexuality in schools. This was a classic Karl Rove political consultant, whisper campaign of dirty rumors. In 1994 G.W. was elected Governor of Texas.

Crime was on the rise and, in fact, the prison population more than doubled during Ann Richards term, causing her to go on a prison building binge.

Ann Richards did appoint many homosexuals, it wasn't an accusation. The rest of that is bullshit. It's two different stories about Rove that have been combined into one. Some accused Rove of starting rumors that Richards surrounded herself with gays and lesbians because she might be one herself. The other was on a totally different campaign (nothing to do with President Bush) where Rove was accused of stealing an opponents stationary and made fake fliers promising "Free beer, free food, and girls". Neither has been proven.

White knight said:
1998, G.W. meet with George Shultz, Mike Boskin, John Taylor and Condoleezza Rice to school him in Federal government for the upcoming Presidential nomination. G.W. Began to court the right wing Evangelicals and build a base of support for his race to the GOP nomination in 2000.
Bush’s opposition Senator John McCain fell to character assassination, another Rove signature tactic of spreading dirty lies. McCain was accused of not doing enough for his fellow POW’s while a War prisoner in Vietnam. He was accused of fathering a black child, when in fact the child was adopted from a Mother Teresa orphanage. They attacked McCain’s strong points with lies.

First, what is the problem with courting the evangelical vote? How is that any different than John Kerry courting both the veterans and anti-war people? Yes, campaigns get dirty, but a Kerry supporter has no business pointing an accusing finger and talking about lies.

White knight said:
2000 The win to the White House was in limbo for weeks; finally Bush incorporated took charge and declares Bush the winner.

Three times! Three times they counted the votes and George W. Bush came out the winner EVERY TIME! Face reality. Gore lost.

White knight said:
Bush’s win of the White House, His only mandate was to pass a tax cut, which cost him the majority control of the senate.
With the tax cut dead in the water, Bush bids his time between his Ranch in Crawford Texas and the White House.
September 11th the nation is attacked, America goes to War.

And if I remember correctly the only thing Clinton accomplished in his first nine months was "don't ask don't tell", which was a failure in itself as it wasn't what he promised the gay community. So that's a good judgement of his first four years?

Source: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/choice2004/view/

Bush’s Brain: http://www.buzzflash.com/interviews/03/06/02_moore.html[/QUOTE]

Curmudgeon said:
Actually, I was just following the thread's protocol. I've been lurking for a while, and figured this thread was a nonchalant way to get my feet wet.

No this site is overwhelmingly Pro Bush, no matter what you tell them if it does not support Bush you are wrong, or the source is wrong.
Almost to the point where it’s only purpose it to be part of the GOP propaganda machine

Welcome to the War

White knight said:
Would the people in the time of our forefathers have even considered G.W. as nomination material let alone president?.

You mean the founding fathers who were known to partake of drink, owned slaves, wouldn't let women vote or own land, and took slaves as mistresses? Gee, I don't know.

Good Job Jimmy!
Now the other side of the story is coming out in a good manner too.

You smashed some of the accusations and myths about G.W. being a total slacker.

I too want to take a brake, so I will get back with later.

White knight said:
No this site is overwhelmingly Pro Bush,

The site is available to Bush supporters, Kerry supporters, liberals, conservatives, republicans & democrats alike.

no matter what you tell them if it does not support Bush you are wrong, or the source is wrong.

Maybe that is your impression thus far as you haven't been able to put up a successful debate. If you tell me Bush once owned the Texas Rangers, and show credible proof, I'll admit you are right. If you tell me the war was about oil, Bush is stupid, post funny resumes or claim Bush lied - you will be debated unless you can provide proof or convince us otherwise. You won't find many conspiracy theorists here.

Almost to the point where it’s only purpose it to be part of the GOP propaganda machine

Welcome to the War

This is laughable. You post nothing but rhetoric here and now you'll accuse us of spouting propaganda?

Can You Name This Country?

709,000 Regular Active Duty Personnel.

293,000 Reserve Troops Eight Standing Army Divisions.
20 Air Force and Navy Air Wings With
2,000 Combat Aircraft
232 Strategic Bombers

19 Strategic Ballistic Missile Submarines With
3,114 Nuclear Warheads On 232 Missiles.
500 I.C.B.Ms With 1,950 Warheads.
4Aircraft Carriers and 121 Surface Combat Ships Carriers.

Plus All The Support Bases Shipyards, And Such A Large Naval Force.

IS THIS COUNTRY? RUSSIA? NO! CHINA? NO! GREAT BRITAIN? NO! FRANCE? WRONG AGAIN! MUST BE USA? STILL WRONG! GIVE UP?

THESE ARE THE AMERICAN MILITARY FORCES THAT WERE ELIMINATED DURING THE ADMINISTRATION OF BILL CLINTON AND AL GORE. John Kerry on

Defense --
(I hadn't seen this list printed before,but it would make one great mailer if it were sent to voters.)

Kerry voted to kill the Bradley Fighting Vehicle.
He voted to kill the M-1 Abrams Tank
He voted to kill every aircraft carrier laid down from 1988.
He voted to kill the Aegis anti aircraft system.
He voted to kill the F-15 Strike Eagle.
He voted to kill the Block 60 F-16.
He voted to kill the P-3 Orion upgrade.
He voted to kill the B-1.
He voted to kill the Patriot Anti Missile System.
He voted to kill the FA-18.
He voted to kill the B-2.
He voted to kill the F117.

In short He voted to kill every military appropriation for the development and deployment of every weapons systems since 1988 to include the battle armor for our troops. With Senator Kerry as president our Army will be made up of naked men and women (No Uniforms) running around with sticks and clubs. (No Weapons)

WHAT DID KERRY VOTE FOR, you ask? He voted to kill all anti terrorism activities for every agency of the U.S. Government and to cut the funding of the FBI by 60%, cut the funding for the CIA by 80%, cut the funding for the NSA by 80%.

He voted to increase OUR funding for U.N operations by 800%!!!

Is THIS a President YOU want?????

Please pass this on, as many people may not know how bad it is. And don't limit your sending to just your Republican friends. Everyone needs to know.

PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN OUR ELECTIONS... OUR FREEDOM IS AT STAKE....

Curmudgeon said:

I actually think factual logic and a low tolerance of BS is what flies around here. I would still like to see that pro-Kerry resume...

The Clinton military cuts were advocated on a bi-partisan level, and the cuts actually began under the Bush 41 Administration and then-Defense Secretary Dick Cheney.

Cheney even chastised the Democrats for not cutting enough from the military budget at the time. We no longer needed the overly-bloated military that we had built up during the Cold War, and Bush 41 knew that the costly Reagan debt had to be addressed via military cuts.

Clinton actually increased the military budget on average by 14%, which was a slight reversal of the slash-and-cut trend of Bush 41.

As far as your John Kerry appropriations list, that's the Zell Miller list that's been floating around the Internet(s). I suggest you review the following from FactCheck.org (not FactCheck.COM, Cheney's preferred site):

http://factcheck.org/article252.html

Forum List

Back