G.O.P. Rep. Refers to Obama as ‘That Boy’

Don't ignore the rest of what I said... because his INTENT was to demean him. The FACT is that he did it INSTINCTIVELY by raising the racial image.

What the part about George Bush? Of course he wouldn't try to demean a guy from his own party. But if it were Edwards then absolutely I think he'd use the word boy.

Jill,

Seriously, you already acknowledged that the guy wasn't being intentionally racist in your opinion. Yet you insist on condemning him for the statement just the same. I don't get why. Is it because you think he was being subconsciously racist or something?

In your opinion.

I am a 55 years old southerner. YES, IT IS A RACIST COMMENT. Any idiot or even a cognitively challenged individual (several of which we have on this board) would understand that.

No one is shocked it came from an elected GOP official though. Par for the course.

PREDICTION: Obama names the Hill as a running mate and the pair beat the old man in the fall. bush has so screwed up this country, even republicans will be voting for a change.

This whole thread just goes to show how obediently partisan pretty much all you hypocrites really are. All the righties say this isn't racist, all the lefties say it is. And alternately, all the righties said that Obama's typical white person comment was racist and all the lefties said it wasn't. For the record, I argued that neither case was racist.

You guys are really predictable. :rolleyes:

So you're condemning instincts now?

Let me ask you a question. Can you give me a better word to use than boy if you're trying to highlight a person's youth and inexperience?

The latter part of your statement illustrates how clueless you are. You must have lived in a cave most of your life, Boy.

The latter part of your statement illustrates how clueless you are. You must have lived in a cave most of your life, Boy.

I'll take that as an admission that their isn't a better word. Thanks for confirming my point.

Reminds me of the 80's movie From the Hip where there's a big debate over whether or not the word asshole is admissable testimony (when the witness is asked his opinion about the defendant). When the prosecutor argues that they could replace it with "antagonist," the judge rightly say's to him "with all due respect counsel, you're making his point for him."

Forum List

Back