From being one of President Obama's most notable critics, to rating Obama a historic success

Poor Vagisil just cannot stay on topic. Tsk, tsk.

Here, Vagisil, here is the topic:

From being one of President Obama's most notable critics, to rating Obama a historic success

Seems you get all hot and steamy every time Obuma is mentioned.... I imagine you know he's a fellow traveler...of sorts!:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

And I wouldn't be surprised if Krugman was there holding Obuma's.....

who are they trying to kid, Krugman was a notable critic...the only time he criticized Obama was for not steamrolling over all us enough and being a bigger thug.

Are there any HONEST left wingers out there?

I'm so sick of that word for everything with Obama. HISTORIC historic historic

Like racist they've worn that the word too. the man is President there isn't a damn thing historic about him or that

The only thing historic about him will be under him his party lost both the House and Senate in a HISTORIC ass kicking by the people in this country in JUST SIX YEARS....and his approvals are worse than Bush. And he's tarnished his title of being the first Black President because he couldn't stop acting like street thug/community Agitator who looks down on those he Represents by ignoring their Representation of Congress and spits on it and us
I bet you are sick of President Obama's historic successes. Brought the economy back from the brink of the Second Great Republican Depression. Now we are in record territory. Unemployment is now starting to decline at a rate that is much better. Bin Laden is dead, General Motors is alive. Renewables now are competing with conventional energy, and in many cases, coming in far less expensive than conventional. And the coming advent of grid scale batteries are going to make wind and solar 24/7. And the states already adapting the quickest to the new prices are those liberal bastions of Oklahoma and Texas. LOL

Imagine our 'Conservatives' chagrin when on 20Jan17, President Obama hands the baton to the next President with a glowing economy, less than 5% unemployment, our nation in a far better strategic position than when he took office. And Putin, our 'Conservatives' shirtless hero, may not have a shirt to put back on.

From the OP link:

Did Obama's policies contribute to this less-awful performance? Yes, without question. You'd never know it listening to the talking heads, but there's overwhelming consensus among economists that the Obama stimulus plan helped mitigate the worst of the slump. For example, when a panel of economic experts was asked whether the U.S. unemployment rate was lower at the end of 2010 than it would have been without the stimulus, 82 percent said yes, only two percent said no.

Still, couldn't the U.S. economy have done a lot better? Of course. The original stimulus should have been both bigger and longer. And after Republicans won the House in 2010, U.S. policy took a sharp turn in the wrong direction. Not only did the stimulus fade out, but sequestration led to further steep cuts in federal spending, exactly the wrong thing to do in a still-depressed economy.

We can argue about how much Obama could have altered this literally depressing turn of events. He could have pushed for a larger, more extended stimulus, perhaps with provisions for extra aid that would have kicked in if unemployment stayed high. (This isn't 20-20 hindsight, because a number of economists, myself included, pleaded for more aggressive measures from the beginning.) He arguably let Republicans blackmail him over the debt ceiling in 2011, leading to the sequester. But this is all kind of iffy.

The bottom line on Obama's economic policy should be that what he did helped the economy, and that while enormous economic and human damage has taken place on his watch, the United States coped with the financial crisis better than most countries facing comparable crises have managed. He should have done more and better, but the narrative that portrays his policies as a simple failure is all wrong.

Read more: In Defense of Obama Rolling Stone
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

I believe the only thing Krugman was ever critical of Obama over was for not being as far left as he is which is hardly a searing indictment from Krugman. After Obama did away with all the pretense of being moderate or anything close to it and embraced openly is inner Krugman ideology Paul now embraces him hardly a surprise.

I wonder how many conservatives and right wingers know how Paul Krugman was a huge critic of President Obama? :rofl:

By Paul Krugman | October 8, 2014
When it comes to Barack Obama, I've always been out of sync. Back in 2008, when many liberals were wildly enthusiastic about his candidacy and his press was strongly favorable, I was skeptical. I worried that he was naive, that his talk about transcending the political divide was a dangerous illusion given the unyielding extremism of the modern American right. Furthermore, it seemed clear to me that, far from being the transformational figure his supporters imagined, he was rather conventional-minded: Even before taking office, he showed signs of paying far too much attention to what some of us would later take to calling Very Serious People, people who regarded cutting budget deficits and a willingness to slash Social Security as the very essence of political virtue.

And I wasn't wrong. Obama was indeed naive: He faced scorched-earth Republican opposition from Day One,

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/in-defense-of-obama-20141008

Drug addiction is a terrible thing.

so is a Presidential Astrologer, but
Why pick on Rush Limbaugh?

Toddsterpatriot

I wonder how many conservatives and right wingers know how Paul Krugman was a huge critic of President Obama? :rofl:

When it comes to Barack Obama, I've always been out of sync. Back in 2008, when many liberals were wildly enthusiastic about his candidacy and his press was strongly favorable, I was skeptical. I worried that he was naive, that his talk about transcending the political divide was a dangerous illusion given the unyielding extremism of the modern American right. Furthermore, it seemed clear to me that, far from being the transformational figure his supporters imagined, he was rather conventional-minded: Even before taking office, he showed signs of paying far too much attention to what some of us would later take to calling Very Serious People, people who regarded cutting budget deficits and a willingness to slash Social Security as the very essence of political virtue.

And I wasn't wrong. Obama was indeed naive: He faced scorched-earth Republican opposition from Day One,

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/in-defense-of-obama-20141008

Are you quoting the same Paul Krugman who coined the term "our super-smart President" when referring to Obama right after he was first elected? Skeptical, indeed. Anyone who follows his columns knows that Krugman is a serial liar.

What a dufus jwoodie must be to confuse a compliment on intelligence with support of a politician. Many liberals know Ted Cruz is smart, after all he held the same post at Harvard as Obama did

:rofl:

back to basics...

pardon the asides...

Toddsterpatriot
Because he's a lying, bought off, HS grad DJ, demaggoging, divisive a-hole charlatan?

Toddsterpatriot
Because he's a lying, bought off, HS grad DJ, demaggoging, divisive a-hole charlatan?

Joining Dante in the Potty Talk forum?

I wonder how many conservatives and right wingers know how Paul Krugman was a huge critic of President Obama?

Huge critic. LOL!
What was the most critical thing he said?

Forum List

Back