French author, 50, says women over 50 are too old to love.

French author, 50, says women over 50 are too old to love.Yann Moix, a prize-winning novelist, says women of same age are ‘invisible’ to him
Update: ‘Prisoner of my tastes’ - Moix defends his comments

French author, 50, says women over 50 are too old to love

As a woman who just turned 50, I can only say that I'm grateful and relieved to hear this. Sounds to me like he's actually incapable of love, period. He certainly has no idea what it is. So I'm pretty sure I can do without the "compliment" of his notice.

where are the nice girls who are willing to be friends and help us practice get really really good at full body massage?

And what are nice girls suppose to do, to pass the time while you are practising? Read the newspaper?
They could. Women don't need to talk while getting a massage if you don't want to. It about being friendly and beneficial even in the most therapeutic of manners and fashions in modern times.

How lovely.

Did this novelist ever think the younger women look to him and say the same thing?

Sounds like he might be finding himself some nice Gold Diggers or hanger-ons. Good for him. Though if that's the case, he uses the term "love" loosely.

He's not using it loosely. He's using it WRONG. What he's talking about is being a horny old man, not love.

And while we're talking about words being used incorrectly, let's address "extraordinary". 25-year-old bodies, for the most part, are NOT extraordinary. Pretty, most likely, but there's nothing extraordinary about that. They're supposed to be like that. Most of them haven't really done much yet. That's like being impressed by the fact that a brand-new car runs well. Duhh.

A 50-year-old woman's body, on the other hand, has experienced some shit. It has lived life. If it's still in good working order, THAT is extraordinary.

Gasp! A well-known and rich man wants to solely date pretty young things!? What is this world coming to?

Pretty young things become 50 too.

Then what will he do?

He's an ass as we are never too old to love and be loved. His opinion is silly.

I don't think he was thinking about love.

That clearly applies to sex as well. :lol:

Just imagine those poor girls having to lie there and look up at that face.

:eek-52:

I hope he's at least paying them well for their play-acting and suffering.

The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all,” he said, adding that he preferred to date Asian women, particularly Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

“It’s perhaps sad and reductive for the women I go out with but the Asian type is sufficiently rich, large and infinite for me not to be ashamed.”

Moix has won several literary prizes including the prestigious Prix Goncourt for a first novel and the Prix François Mauriac from the Académie Française for his 1996 debut work Jubilations Vers le Ciel, has directed three films and is the host of a popular TV talkshow.

His comments caused outrage on social media.

I would love to know what the 25 yo think of his body. Wouldn't you? hahahahahahaha

I'm guessing they're mostly concerned with whether or not it can carry around a fat wallet.

It is time for French women to grow those 300 pound pot bellies too. Like the American women all do. Otherwise, how will they fight male domination?

Dude you really have a thing for fat Americans, don't you? For the record I'm not hung up on it because I myself am fat, not that it matters.

Anyway, my daughter recently asked me what age I would like to be, if I could choose. I said, "here's how blessed I am. There's no age I would go back to. Right now is fantastic. I liked all the ages, but I love this best of all."

I'm 49, I'm not ashamed to say. You don't like that, I don't care. That's the blessing of being nearly 50 I have found. I really don't care about the little things anymore, and it's so freeing. Take that, 25 year olds. :5_1_12024:

Heard that. I lived every one of my years, and there's not a single one of them I would give back. They're mine, and I own them.

The interesting thing is that I spent my 30s and 40s getting hit on - a LOT - by men in their 20s because they were disgusted by girls their own age who were all appearance and no substance. I told 'em to find one with potential, and then just hang on and wait. Eventually, she would grow up. But I'm going to say that REALLY speaks badly of this guy's maturity, intelligence, and wisdom.

The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all,” he said, adding that he preferred to date Asian women, particularly Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

“It’s perhaps sad and reductive for the women I go out with but the Asian type is sufficiently rich, large and infinite for me not to be ashamed.”

Moix has won several literary prizes including the prestigious Prix Goncourt for a first novel and the Prix François Mauriac from the Académie Française for his 1996 debut work Jubilations Vers le Ciel, has directed three films and is the host of a popular TV talkshow.

I would love to know what the 25 yo think of his body. Wouldn't you? hahahahahahaha

He strikes a very shallow chord that one. Ageists are just dumb.

Greg

To be fair I think some "ageism" is solid. I really don't want my 21 yo son to come home with a woman my age (!!!). Nor do I want my 19 yo daughter to come home with a man my age (!!!!!!!!!!!). But when you're ageist against someone your same age, and so viciously opposed, that's kinda dumb. But people can be kinda dumb. One thing you learn with age I guess!

I don't necessarily want to see my kids hooking up with someone who ought to be at a completely different place in life than they are, and I would be very dubious about a 50-year-old who related to a 20-something on that level. I'm more concerned about the relationship of the mind and spirit than the body and chronology.

I find this "author's" comments more disturbing for the shallow misunderstanding of what love really is that they perpetuate.

Well that's obvious. Men do not marry women for their smarts. That's not a news flash.

Seriously, when I was in school, 'reading' playboy magazine for the articles, was a joke for a reason.

And of course women like smart men. It's not because we look good or something. No girl wants to marry an idiot. File that news flash under "duh".

Depends on the man. My husband married me because he wanted a woman who was just like a Robert Heinlein heroine.

Some guys have higher standards than just "decorative".

where are the nice girls who are willing to be friends and help us practice get really really good at full body massage?

And what are nice girls suppose to do, to pass the time while you are practising? Read the newspaper?
They could. Women don't need to talk while getting a massage if you don't want to. It about being friendly and beneficial even in the most therapeutic of manners and fashions in modern times.

How lovely.
i sometimes fantasize about a reference librarian informing me i am on her todo list to be referenced; not only for future reference, but to make it more convenient for other inquiring women.

It is time for French women to grow those 300 pound pot bellies too. Like the American women all do. Otherwise, how will they fight male domination?

Dude you really have a thing for fat Americans, don't you? For the record I'm not hung up on it because I myself am fat, not that it matters.

Anyway, my daughter recently asked me what age I would like to be, if I could choose. I said, "here's how blessed I am. There's no age I would go back to. Right now is fantastic. I liked all the ages, but I love this best of all."

I'm 49, I'm not ashamed to say. You don't like that, I don't care. That's the blessing of being nearly 50 I have found. I really don't care about the little things anymore, and it's so freeing. Take that, 25 year olds. :5_1_12024:
Did you just write you don't care about the little things any more? I understand, that explains why you are fat and big. But we 25 year olds appreciate little things too. How many countries do we have to travel through to find them? They used to be everywhere in the USA too. That male domination must have done a big number on you all. :)

It's hilarious that you just called me fat and big.
Well I don't know, you need to balance male domination somehow. :)

Heard that. I lived every one of my years, and there's not a single one of them I would give back. They're mine, and I own them.

The interesting thing is that I spent my 30s and 40s getting hit on - a LOT - by men in their 20s because they were disgusted by girls their own age who were all appearance and no substance. I told 'em to find one with potential, and then just hang on and wait. Eventually, she would grow up. But I'm going to say that REALLY speaks badly of this guy's maturity, intelligence, and wisdom.
In a country where 75 % are obese, the other 25 % doesn't need to be of substance. This is like the reversal of the ww2 dating years, when women dated any jerk because he was not yet dead. The 25 % woman can be as much a jerk as she wants to be.

Well that's obvious. Men do not marry women for their smarts. That's not a news flash.

Seriously, when I was in school, 'reading' playboy magazine for the articles, was a joke for a reason.

And of course women like smart men. It's not because we look good or something. No girl wants to marry an idiot. File that news flash under "duh".

Depends on the man. My husband married me because he wanted a woman who was just like a Robert Heinlein heroine.

I'll buy that.... Show me a picture of what you looked like on your first date.

In a country where 75 % are obese, the other 25 % doesn't need to be of substance. This is like the reversal of the ww2 dating years, when women dated any jerk because he was not yet dead. The 25 % woman can be as much a jerk as she wants to be.

Sorry, but I have no frigging clue what you're babbling about. What does obese have to do with this thread topic? What point do you think you're making here?

I'll buy that.... Show me a picture of what you looked like on your first date.

Do I even need to say "None of your business"? Not only is personal info not something you get to demand online, but I'm also happily married far above your pay grade, my friend.

I agree and the reality is most women after forty are forgettable and should be ignored... Heck even thirty-five is too old to look at for most women.

Also agree Asian women are much better than most of the world. Hispanic women age quickly and by twenty-five they are looking like the Asian eighth year old women.

Black women usually do not age as fast but a lot of white women after thirty-five look older than most Asian women in their sixties.

So yeah, I agree and age along with gravity never is a friend of most women...

I agree and the reality is most women after forty are forgettable and should be ignored... Heck even thirty-five is too old to look at for most women.

Also agree Asian women are much better than most of the world. Hispanic women age quickly and by twenty-five they are looking like the Asian eighth year old women.

Black women usually do not age as fast but a lot of white women after thirty-five look older than most Asian women in their sixties.

Would you fancy me if I went to live on the moon?

she has to be sugar and spice and everything nice if she wants to get serious with me.

Would you fancy me if I went to live on the moon?
is it any wonder, Man invented the Information Age.

Forum List

Back