French author, 50, says women over 50 are too old to love.

• Banned
The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all,” he said, adding that he preferred to date Asian women, particularly Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

“It’s perhaps sad and reductive for the women I go out with but the Asian type is sufficiently rich, large and infinite for me not to be ashamed.”

Moix has won several literary prizes including the prestigious Prix Goncourt for a first novel and the Prix François Mauriac from the Académie Française for his 1996 debut work Jubilations Vers le Ciel, has directed three films and is the host of a popular TV talkshow.

His comments caused outrage on social media.

Did this novelist ever think the younger women look to him and say the same thing?

Sounds like he might be finding himself some nice Gold Diggers or hanger-ons. Good for him. Though if that's the case, he uses the term "love" loosely.

• Banned
Did this novelist ever think the younger women look to him and say the same thing?

Sounds like he might be finding himself some nice Gold Diggers or hanger-ons. Good for him. Though if that's the case, he uses the term "love" loosely.

He's quite ugly, isn't he?

Though that didn't stop Jean-Paul Sartre. At least he picked a woman nearer his age.

Appreciated her mind, I suppose.

Gasp! A well-known and rich man wants to solely date pretty young things!? What is this world coming to?

Gasp! A well-known and rich man wants to solely date pretty young things!? What is this world coming to?

Pretty young things become 50 too.

Then what will he do?

He's an ass as we are never too old to love and be loved. His opinion is silly.

I don't think he was thinking about love.

That clearly applies to sex as well. :lol:

Just imagine those poor girls having to lie there and look up at that face.

:eek-52:

To each their own, I prefer my mature women. I'm married, but if I wasn't, I don't think it would be easy to find a lady with her head on her shoulders who was under age 40.

Maybe because I was a naive at age 25, I assume others are as well. Some of the women that age today just don't have common sense needed to keep cerebral, refined man like myself happy (*takes a pipe out, looks outside the window over yonder and ponders lifes mysteries*)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mindful
Moonglow should show up, any minute soon.

Not moonglow... fncceo.

The guy hates middle-aged women with a passion, more than Spain's Grand Inquisitor, Tomás de Torquemada, hated women of all ages. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Forum List

Back