French author, 50, says women over 50 are too old to love.

Well that's obvious. Men do not marry women for their smarts. That's not a news flash.

Seriously, when I was in school, 'reading' playboy magazine for the articles, was a joke for a reason.

And of course women like smart men. It's not because we look good or something. No girl wants to marry an idiot. File that news flash under "duh".

Depends on the man. My husband married me because he wanted a woman who was just like a Robert Heinlein heroine.

Some guys have higher standards than just "decorative".

I'll buy that.... Show me a picture of what you looked like on your first date.

Do I even need to say "None of your business"? Not only is personal info not something you get to demand online, but I'm also happily married far above your pay grade, my friend.

Well obviously I know that. I'm a low-wage life long failure. I was never implying I was anything worth someone's notice.

I was just curious because I've heard that line before about how "my husband didn't marry me for looks", and unless you are the wealth heiress to the Heinz fortune, I always wonder about that.

Too often I see pictures of these women, from when they were dating, and they are 'suck the air out of the room' photogenic when they were dating.

I end up thinking "Yeah... I'm sure looks had nothing to do with it."

But I don't know you, so I have to take your word for it. I was just curious.

It is time for French women to grow those 300 pound pot bellies too. Like the American women all do. Otherwise, how will they fight male domination?

Dude you really have a thing for fat Americans, don't you? For the record I'm not hung up on it because I myself am fat, not that it matters.

Anyway, my daughter recently asked me what age I would like to be, if I could choose. I said, "here's how blessed I am. There's no age I would go back to. Right now is fantastic. I liked all the ages, but I love this best of all."

I'm 49, I'm not ashamed to say. You don't like that, I don't care. That's the blessing of being nearly 50 I have found. I really don't care about the little things anymore, and it's so freeing. Take that, 25 year olds. :5_1_12024:

Heard that. I lived every one of my years, and there's not a single one of them I would give back. They're mine, and I own them.

The interesting thing is that I spent my 30s and 40s getting hit on - a LOT - by men in their 20s because they were disgusted by girls their own age who were all appearance and no substance. I told 'em to find one with potential, and then just hang on and wait. Eventually, she would grow up. But I'm going to say that REALLY speaks badly of this guy's maturity, intelligence, and wisdom.
In a country where 75 % are obese, the other 25 % doesn't need to be of substance. This is like the reversal of the ww2 dating years, when women dated any jerk because he was not yet dead. The 25 % woman can be as much a jerk as she wants to be.

Sorry, but I have no frigging clue what you're babbling about. What does obese have to do with this thread topic? What point do you think you're making here?

If you are not obese but groovy at 50, or at any age, then you win the men. Too bad you have only 25 % chance to be that. The OP postulates a 50 cutoff. But the actual cutoff is not the 50 but the BMI.

It is time for French women to grow those 300 pound pot bellies too. Like the American women all do. Otherwise, how will they fight male domination?

Dude you really have a thing for fat Americans, don't you? For the record I'm not hung up on it because I myself am fat, not that it matters.

Anyway, my daughter recently asked me what age I would like to be, if I could choose. I said, "here's how blessed I am. There's no age I would go back to. Right now is fantastic. I liked all the ages, but I love this best of all."

I'm 49, I'm not ashamed to say. You don't like that, I don't care. That's the blessing of being nearly 50 I have found. I really don't care about the little things anymore, and it's so freeing. Take that, 25 year olds. :5_1_12024:

Heard that. I lived every one of my years, and there's not a single one of them I would give back. They're mine, and I own them.

The interesting thing is that I spent my 30s and 40s getting hit on - a LOT - by men in their 20s because they were disgusted by girls their own age who were all appearance and no substance. I told 'em to find one with potential, and then just hang on and wait. Eventually, she would grow up. But I'm going to say that REALLY speaks badly of this guy's maturity, intelligence, and wisdom.
In a country where 75 % are obese, the other 25 % doesn't need to be of substance. This is like the reversal of the ww2 dating years, when women dated any jerk because he was not yet dead. The 25 % woman can be as much a jerk as she wants to be.
she has to be sugar and spice and everything nice if she wants to get serious with me.
At the 25 % level, this is not likely.

are women over fifty braver than women under fifty who know how to talk and make appointments and claim they are not getting used enough.

Women over 50 tend to not want to be "used". If they do, they are often looking for something exciting in the BDSM range. And you'd better know what you are doing.

Sorry, but I have no frigging clue what you're babbling about. What does obese have to do with this thread topic? What point do you think you're making here?

If you are not obese but groovy at 50, or at any age, then you win the men. Too bad you have only 25 % chance to be that. The OP postulates a 50 cutoff. But the actual cutoff is not the 50 but the BMI.
only women with lousy intuition don't find boy friends who are willing to help them increase their metabolism; just for fun and practice, not drama and gossip.

only women with lousy intuition don't find boy friends who are willing to help them increase their metabolism; just for fun and practice, not drama and gossip.

Only women who want to avoid manipulations would ignore such nonsense.

It is always your fault why a fatso is a fatso.

That's right, stop that male domination, I eat what I want when I want and where I want.

That's right, stop that male domination, I eat what I want when I want and where I want.

No idea what you are trying to say, but feel free to eat what you want, when you want and where you want. Go at it like that and you'll probably eat alone more often than not.

No idea what you are trying to say, but feel free to eat what you want, when you want and where you want. Go at it like that and you'll probably eat alone more often than not.
And I will get as fat as the average American woman too.

The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all,” he said, adding that he preferred to date Asian women, particularly Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

“It’s perhaps sad and reductive for the women I go out with but the Asian type is sufficiently rich, large and infinite for me not to be ashamed.”

Moix has won several literary prizes including the prestigious Prix Goncourt for a first novel and the Prix François Mauriac from the Académie Française for his 1996 debut work Jubilations Vers le Ciel, has directed three films and is the host of a popular TV talkshow.

His comments caused outrage on social media.

I agree and the reality is most women after forty are forgettable and should be ignored... Heck even thirty-five is too old to look at for most women.

Also agree Asian women are much better than most of the world. Hispanic women age quickly and by twenty-five they are looking like the Asian eighth year old women.

Black women usually do not age as fast but a lot of white women after thirty-five look older than most Asian women in their sixties.

So yeah, I agree and age along with gravity never is a friend of most women...

The actual reality is that probably very few women WANT you looking at them, and the older and smarter they get, the more that becomes true.

People who judge others on appearance alone never seem to consider that THEY are getting older and looking less like idealized 21-year-old swimsuit models as well (and probably never looked much like that in the first place). And they never ask themselves what THEY have to offer in exchange for the "physical perfection" they demand.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time talking to someone with such a shallow and childish view.

Well that's obvious. Men do not marry women for their smarts. That's not a news flash.

Seriously, when I was in school, 'reading' playboy magazine for the articles, was a joke for a reason.

And of course women like smart men. It's not because we look good or something. No girl wants to marry an idiot. File that news flash under "duh".

Depends on the man. My husband married me because he wanted a woman who was just like a Robert Heinlein heroine.

Some guys have higher standards than just "decorative".

I'll buy that.... Show me a picture of what you looked like on your first date.

Do I even need to say "None of your business"? Not only is personal info not something you get to demand online, but I'm also happily married far above your pay grade, my friend.

Well obviously I know that. I'm a low-wage life long failure. I was never implying I was anything worth someone's notice.

I was just curious because I've heard that line before about how "my husband didn't marry me for looks", and unless you are the wealth heiress to the Heinz fortune, I always wonder about that.

Too often I see pictures of these women, from when they were dating, and they are 'suck the air out of the room' photogenic when they were dating.

I end up thinking "Yeah... I'm sure looks had nothing to do with it."

But I don't know you, so I have to take your word for it. I was just curious.

You're really stuck on the "looks and money" treadmill, aren't you? Maybe that's part of your life failure.

I've always been pretty, but hardly the movie star-model ideal. And I was actually overweight when I got married. I lost the weight primarily through my husband's influence in my life and the confidence his unwavering faith and admiration gave me. I've never been rich.

I told you, my husband married me because he wanted a woman who was as much like a Robert Heinlein heroine as possible. To this day, the crazy man still believes this about me. It's all about the personality and character, and the fact that, when we're together, we make a team that's far greater than our component parts.

Likewise, my husband is a handsome man, but he's 50. He has a bit of a belly now, and his hair is starting to thin . . . and I'd be a damned fool to trade in what we have because of stupid shit like that.

The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all,” he said, adding that he preferred to date Asian women, particularly Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

“It’s perhaps sad and reductive for the women I go out with but the Asian type is sufficiently rich, large and infinite for me not to be ashamed.”

Moix has won several literary prizes including the prestigious Prix Goncourt for a first novel and the Prix François Mauriac from the Académie Française for his 1996 debut work Jubilations Vers le Ciel, has directed three films and is the host of a popular TV talkshow.

I agree and the reality is most women after forty are forgettable and should be ignored... Heck even thirty-five is too old to look at for most women.

Also agree Asian women are much better than most of the world. Hispanic women age quickly and by twenty-five they are looking like the Asian eighth year old women.

Black women usually do not age as fast but a lot of white women after thirty-five look older than most Asian women in their sixties.

How many of you ladies would line up to have a date with Bruce here?

It is always your fault why a fatso is a fatso.

Post your BMI and age, big talker.

You'd be surprised just how little appearance matters to some people.

How many of you ladies would line up to have a date with Bruce here?

Sooo excited. :desk:

Forum List

Back