French Are "Resenting" America's Leadership On Tsunami Relief

dillo, are you saying that the gratuitousness of the french health crae system is a bad thing because people are a little bit more dependant ?

your motto is : " they are dead, but they are dead as undependant people " ?

padisha emperor said:
dillo, are you saying that the gratuitousness of the french health crae system is a bad thing because people are a little bit more dependant ?

your motto is : " they are dead, but they are dead as undependant people " ?

no---scroll up and read what I said----that's exactly what I meant .

padisha emperor said:
freeandfun, be sure, the french health care system is quite free.
We pay taxes, but after, the mediacl acres are free.
the State pay 70%.
It comes from taxes, but not only.
It is why the social security is in deficit.
but the french citizens have one of the best - I even believe it is the best, with some scandinavian countries - healthcare system.

don't compaer the french and the US health care system.
Our is really really cheaper.
And to refer to no1, even the poors have a private room.
not social inequalities.

Americans tend to put a greater value on self-reliance and incentive based economics. To simply say we are wrong because those who pay less get good care but share a room is just an attack on cultural values and not an argument against our healthcare system.

We incentivize getting people off of the government dole, and we do not cheer every time we make government reliance a standard.

dilloduck said:
Americans prefer to be more self reliant than French people I guess
Thats really good but when it comes to health it's best to be able to count on your health fees being paid for, because if you are say just above the poor threshold and have to pay for your own insurance you might not be able to afford it.

Oh by the way here is an example of the cost of health here:
I'm a student, since I don't work I don't pay taxes for health care so I pay a student insurance, which costs me like 200 dollars for the whole year, and the rest is covered by my dads Mutuel. So whoever much I spend on health care, my 200 dollars/year insurance pays for it and the rest my dads mutuel pays for it.
My dad pays a mutuel which is like 200 dollars/month but covers the whole family. My mom doesn't work but is still covered by the national health care insurance and the rest by my dads mutuel... Not too bad I believe.
Oh and Mutuels are according to how much you make in most cases...

don't tell me that the US culture does that the US have a not really good healthcare system, please !

If people continue your thought, they will allow that a man who have a fracture or a knife in the back wouldn't have cares because he cannot pay.....

For a country who say that he is so generous, wow !
not with it own citizens in need....

padisha emperor said:
don't tell me that the US culture does that the US have a not really good healthcare system, please !

If people continue your thought, they will allow that a man who have a fracture or a knife in the back wouldn't have cares because he cannot pay.....

Our healthcare system is the best in the world. ALL innovations come from our healthcare system. Any person walking into an ER with a knife in his WILL be treated, by law he must be.

You're 100% wrong.

No padisha emperor, I don't think thats what he was saying. Just that Americans tend to want to be more dependant on that sort of things, but at the end of the day everyone gets treated. Even if the costs are huge for those who aren't poor enough to get free health care. And the private room thing doesn't matter, who cares about that...

padisha emperor said:

Wrong, if they continue my thought he would get care. He would just spend time in a room with other people. By incentivizing self-reliance and getting off of the government dole it is clearly a cultural value. He gets good health care, just not the same level of choices that somebody with insurance would get.

rtwngAvngr said:
Our healthcare system is the best in the world. ALL innovations come from our healthcare system. Any person walking into an ER with a knife in his WILL be treated, by law he must be.

You're 100% wrong.

"Our healthcare system is the best in the world".
I think thats an overstatment, it is for those who are rich but not for everyone. The french system isn't even the best so I'm not here to contradict you. But we're used to your overstatments...by now...

No padisha emperor, I don't think thats what he was saying. Just that Americans tend to want to be more dependant on that sort of things, but at the end of the day everyone gets treated. Even if the costs are huge for those who aren't poor enough to get free health care. And the private room thing doesn't matter, who cares about that...

I agree with that.

i was exaggerating.

I'm not sure that the US health care system is the best of the world, really not.

Said1 said:
It isn't free, students pay tuition fees, and there is a shortage of nurses.
Tuition fees include the health insurance and library use and other stuff...do you want to know how much tuition fees are??? 350 dollars for the year...lol Please!!!So what if there is a shortage of nurse? There is in most important sectors...where does this come into what we are talking about?

j07950 said:
Tuition fees include the health insurance and library use and other stuff...do you want to know how much tuition fees are??? 350 dollars for the year...lol Please!!!So what if there is a shortage of nurse? There is in most important sectors...where does this come into what we are talking about?
Because health care professionals would rather work elsewhere

padisha emperor said:
I agree with that.

i was exaggerating.

I'm not sure that the US health care system is the best of the world, really not.
Yeah yeah , we know, the French have the best everything...you have told us many times.

dilloduck said:
Because health care professionals would rather work elsewhere
Thats true...they don't get paid as much as in other countries because we do not overcharge on health care...they still make good money though.

CSM said:
Yeah yeah , we know, the French have the best everything...you have told us many times.
I don't think we do...I think I've said that before...that wasn't even the topic to begin with...it kind of escalated that way...such a shame

j07950 said:

There you go. The "costs are huge" part is something that could be worked on, but it is also part of the incentive built into our cultural values. It provides a large incentive to excel. There are risks but the advantage is obvious to us. When everybody tells us that we are the richest country in the world, it is clear to us that our cultural values worked!

padisha emperor said:
I agree with that.

i was exaggerating.

Tell you what, why dont you get the French government to come over to the US and provide some care for us poor unfortunate Americans?

j07950 said:

NO---INDEPENDENT of the govt-----do you teach your children that the state will take care of all their medical needs---what kind of message does that send ?----Don't be responsible--let the state or your Daddy take care of everything

j07950 said:
Thats true...they don't get paid as much as in other countries because we do not overcharge on health care...they still make good money though.

Price caps. It makes a socialized system so undesireable to work within, health care professionals go elsewhere. Say hello to your future, it only goes downhill from here. :)

Forum List

Back